3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, IkaStuart said:

Hey. Congratulations on the progress. It is soooo nice to see any update. :)  I receieved today the same update like you. Do you think that means documents that we sent are okay? Or now they are checking? Because, maybe you know that stupid feeling when you don't know if everything is okay or not wiyh that what you sent. 

No, that means that our case is no longer on hold and now they start checking and making sure all the docs are ok.

K1 VISA

09/21/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

09/22/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

09/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

10/01/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

11/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

11/05/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F

11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Left NVC to Consulate/Embassy

11/29/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/27/16....Medical

01/03/17....Interview

01/05/17....Visa Issued

01/10/17...Visa in Hand

01/28/17....POE at LAX

02/10/17....Got married.

AOS

03/09/17....Sent AOS Package

03/13/17....AOS Delivered

04/10/17....Checks cashed

04/11/17....NOA1 Texts and Emails 

04/17/17...Received hard copies in the mail

04/19/17...Received RFIE Notice via text and email

04/21/17...Received biometrics letters for wife and daughter in the mail

04/24/17...Received RFIE letter in the mail (they need I-864 even though I sent them the right form)

04/25/17...Sent RFIE via USPS Express mail 

04/26/17...RFIE package delivered and signed for.

04/28/17...Received notification via text that USCIS received our RFIE and that the case was updated again.

05/03/17...Biometric appointment for wife and daughter.

05/31/17...Received RFE via text and email for I765 & I-131

06/05/17...Received hard copies of RFE (they want to know whether to send documents to preparer's address or mailing address, which are the same...grrr) 

06/06/17...Sent USPS overnight express response of RFE to USCIS

06/07/17...USCIS received response to RFE

06/14/17...New EAD status: New Card is Being Produced

06/16/17....New EAD status: Card was Mailed to Me

06/19/17....Received hard copies of EAD/AP approvals

06/22/17....Received EAD/AP combo card.

11/06/17....AOS Interview scheduled: APPROVED!!

11/15/17... Received Green Card in the mail.

1 minute ago, Denis & San said:

No, that means that our case is no longer on hold and now they start checking and making sure all the docs are ok.

Ooh...Okay. Fingers crossed that we did good job. Thank you for the answer :)

2 minutes ago, IkaStuart said:

Hey. Congratulations on the progress. It is soooo nice to see any update. :)  I receieved today the same update like you. Do you think that means documents that we sent are okay? Or now they are checking? Because, maybe you know that stupid feeling when you don't know if everything is okay or not wiyh that what you sent. 

That I'm not sure. I read from here that you can still get RFIE while waiting for biometrics. But it seems like our documents are okay if it's ready to be scheduled. From googling this morning, they said that it means they transferred your file from the center to your local field office. I might be wrong...  

Congratulations, by the way! 

2 minutes ago, asantos said:

That I'm not sure. I read from here that you can still get RFIE while waiting for biometrics. But it seems like our documents are okay if it's ready to be scheduled. From googling this morning, they said that it means they transferred your file from the center to your local field office. I might be wrong...  

Thank you. Fortenately, I already did my biometrics(8 days ago). So now..Eather will be again something missing (I really hope not) or that amazing "Ready to be scheduled" . I saw your timeline. Almost the same like ours (ours just was faster in the beginning) so I am full of hope :)

@atuegwu @PinkCandy

Thank for the supportive and postive messages, I don't know what I'd do without this forum sometimes. 

@DorothyLa @sheenita @Cynthia68

& although it sucks, at least there are a few of us in the same boat, waiting weeks for biometric letters. I'm kinda tempted to ring USCIS, or someone had mentioned on here managing to get a walk in appointment at their local office.

But in happy thoughts, congrats @asantos

1 hour ago, asantos said:

Good news! My status changed this morning to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". I was about to call them today since the tracker wasnt showing anything for my receipt numbers.

Happy Friday, everyone and good luck! 

IMG_7972.JPG

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

8 minutes ago, asantos said:

2 minutes ago, IkaStuart said:

I saw your timeline. Almost the same like ours (ours just was faster in the beginning) so I am full of hope :)

Oooh no. It was some other timeline. Sometimes I jusy ger lost here :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, asantos said:

Good news! My status changed this morning to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". I was about to call them today since the tracker wasnt showing anything for my receipt numbers.

Happy Friday, everyone and good luck! 

IMG_7972.JPG

Congratulations asantos!!! btw if I may ask, from the biometrics appointment date, how long did you wait for your status to change online? :D thank you! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 minutes ago, IMPC said:

Congratulations asantos!!! btw if I may ask, from the biometrics appointment date, how long did you wait for your status to change online? :D thank you! :)

Hi there! I had my biometrics on April 5 and my status changed on April 12, so it Took one week..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@emchappie

You'll get the letter soon, don't worry. Don't let it get to your head. This is the very beginning of the process. 

Also, walk ins do not work unless you have the biometrics appointment letter already. Without the letter, you can't do an early walk in. Sit back, relax and try to forget about all this for a while. USCIS is backlogged and we all know it. Stay positive and don't let little delays drag you down.

Timeline
Just now, Ariii said:

Hi there! I had my biometrics on April 5 and my status changed on April 12, so it Took one week..

Thank you for your response! That was quick! Had our bio last April 20 but no updates yet.  Praying for some updates next week! Congratulations to you and for everyone!!! :) I hope Milwaukee USCIS office processes as quick as the other USCIS offices. Btw, just sharing our experience during our bio appointment, people working at USCIS Milwaukee are not friendly! As soon as we were done with our appointment, we can't wait to get out of the building immediately! :P Glad it did not take very long we arrived 7:45 and left around 8:30 i think.. :D 

10 minutes ago, IMPC said:

My biometrics was done on 04/10. As for the status online, it wasn't updated at all till today. It kept saying that my receipt number was invalid since I got the NOA

Timeline
Just now, asantos said:

My biometrics was done on 04/10. As for the status online, it wasn't updated at all till today. It kept saying that my receipt number was invalid since I got the NOA

I see! thanks for your response! I know it is always a case to case basis and USCIS offices vary with their processing time but it is good to know that things are working great! Waiting time makes you anxious and excited at the same time! Patience is a virtue indeed! :) God bless and good luck to all of us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, IMPC said:

Wow! Congratulations!  This gives hope to all of us waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Im so happy to read good news here! it gives hope!

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Denis & San said:

Just received a text that my request for evidence was received and that my case has been updated.  For those of you still waiting, my thoughts are with you and be patient.  I was in your shoes a month ago and not hearing from USCIS for 28 days about my petition.  Things are now moving along but I just wanted to let you know everyone here understands what everyone is going through.  That is why this is a great forum.  Kind of like immigration addicts anonymous.  I think we know the ins and outs of immigration forms and processes etc...more than the average person which can be scary.  Hang in there for those that are still waiting to hear from USCIS.

Request.jpg

Congratulations! I am happy to hear good news from you. Have a great weekend! 

Filed for concurrent I-130 / Adjustment of Status with EAD and AP: 

2017-03-07 - Lawyer mailed out the packet to Chicago Lockbox office ----- (I chose this as my DAY 1) 

2017-03-09 - Application packet was delivered to Chicago Lockbox

2017-03-10 - Priority Date for all cases  

2017-03-20 - USCIS cashed the check

2017-03-23 - Received four notices - I-130 / I-485 / I-765 / I-131

2017-03-27 - Received email that they are sending an RFIE notice

2017-03-31 - Lawyer received the RFIE yellow notice 

2017-04-03 - Response to RFIE mailed out today

2017-04-05 - Response to RFIE was delivered to NBC, Lee's Summit, MO 

2017-04-07 - USCIS acknowledged receipt of the reply to RFIE 

2017-04-07 - Received biometric appointment letter in the mail 

2017-04-18 - Biometric appointment 

2017-05-17 - Status changed to "We ordered your new card..."

2017-05-19 - Status changed to "We mailed your new card..."

2017-05-22 - Received approval notices for EAD and AP

2017-05-23 - Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

2017-06-09 - Received email that interview is scheduled on July 12th

2017-07-12 - Interview day

2017-07-12 - Status changed to "We updated your name..." for my I-485 and I-130

2017-07-14 - Status changed to "We ordered your new card.." for my I-485

2017-07-17 - Received approval notice by mail for I-130

2017-07-18 - Status changed to "We mailed your new card..." for my I-485

2017-07-20 - Received I-485 approval / Welcome Notice by mail 

2017-07-21 - Received greencard in the mail. --------- (DAY 137)

See you in ROC!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.