dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, vintash said:

They just said we had an outdated form we found off the internet. They wanted this years w2 and the last two years. And I have the wrong bc   

This years as in 2016 ?....even though its not April 18th yet?  Didn't you send in your documents in 2016? That seem harsh and/or unneeded!  I sent in my 2015 only as I am finishing filing around April 10th.  By their own standards current year is until tax cut off date. (with a the new updated tax information and i-864 brought to the interview) I would have my senator look into if that is the case .... 11 more weeks for something not required ESP still in 2016. 

I am sorry to hear that and it makes me nervous as that I will get a checklist for my 2015 tax transcript even though it should be valid. 

Edited by UsSwedlover

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, UsSwedlover said:

This years as in 2016 ?....even though its not April 18th yet?  Didn't you send in your documents in 2016? That seem harsh and/or unneeded!  I sent in my 2015 only as I am finishing filing around April 10th.  By their own standards current year is until tax cut off date. (with a the new updated tax information and i-864 brought to the interview) I would have my senator look into if that is the case .... 11 more weeks for something not required ESP still in 2016. 

I am sorry to hear that and it makes me nervous as that I will get a checklist for my 2016 tax transcript even though it should be valid. 

Yes,  I didn't understand. But in the checklist email it gave us a direct link to the 2017 aos form and it expires in July 2017. I didn't realize there were dates on it like that. My husband filled it out and I never seen the dates on the bottom of it. I don't know if they just asked for it because I had to send my bc anyways so they knew at the interview I would need the updated. Who knows. But I just got off the phone and they officially have my documents so my second scan date starts today. Let's hope it's not

over 11 weeks. I've mentally prepared for 11 weeks now though and I will only

call once a week to not go crazy. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have predicted I was getting a checklist and I acted fast and ordered my long form bc right away. The wait time for that is a month but I ordered it as soon as I saw someone from the same country as me submitt the wrong one. And last week when we got the checklist I wasn't surprised, I was prepared and we sent everything within days. So really I'm not upset that I'm totally set back and waiting another month for the correct Bc at least I was able to send it

right away. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 minutes ago, vintash said:

Yes,  I didn't understand. But in the checklist email it gave us a direct link to the 2017 aos form and it expires in July 2017. I didn't realize there were dates on it like that. My husband filled it out and I never seen the dates on the bottom of it. I don't know if they just asked for it because I had to send my bc anyways so they knew at the interview I would need the updated. Who knows. But I just got off the phone and they officially have my documents so my second scan date starts today. Let's hope it's not

over 11 weeks. I've mentally prepared for 11 weeks now though and I will only

call once a week to not go crazy. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have predicted I was getting a checklist and I acted fast and ordered my long form bc right away. The wait time for that is a month but I ordered it as soon as I saw someone from the same country as me submitt the wrong one. And last week when we got the checklist I wasn't surprised, I was prepared and we sent everything within days. So really I'm not upset that I'm totally set back and waiting another month for the correct Bc at least I was able to send it

right away. 

Yeah perhaps they did just add that because you were going to be sending in the birth cert anyways. When did the other form expire ? Also did the check list say 2016 specifically or "current year" ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, UsSwedlover said:

Yeah perhaps they did just add that because you were going to be sending in the birth cert anyways. When did the other form expire ? Also did the check list say 2016 specifically or "current year" ?

I'm not sure when the other form expired but this checklist gave us the link for this years. So we called they said include this year and the last three years total 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I just spoke with NVC. I asked when my scan date was and she seem confused and had no clue. What I was talking about regarding scan dates.  She told me my mail was received on the 10th of February.  That's the date they go off of, She also informed me right now it's looking at 11 weeks.  Which will put me at the very end of April. 

I'm assuming I won't see an approval until early May. Does that mean I have the wait the whole month of May to get an interview date?  Someone said they won't set interview dates until the past week of the months.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, Tanish said:

Are you not planning to include 2016 tax returns with IV package?

If so, you will have to file for extension, as 15 April will be the last date for tax filing and your ITIN may not be available by then. If you're planning to hold off sending your IV package until you have your ITIN and 2016 tax returns, don't apply for police certificate until you have your ITIN. PCC is usually available in 2-3 days since you apply for it. You just have to schedule an appointment for passport Seva Kendra and generally you will get your certificate at the end of appointment.

I was thinking of putting the 2015 transcript, employment letter and estimated 2016 income in the AOS and file our 2016 taxes thereafter. I was thinking that we would bring the 2016 tax transcript to the interview.

Would this be a problem? :wacko:

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, amistry18 said:

Yes, I have! Please don't forget to include it as you'll definitely get a checklist

He just got his PC, so we are all good to go. Thank you so much! :thumbs:

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

I called NVC and that person told me that no one can tell you if anyone has opened your file yet or not. We cannot see that in our system. We can only see if your case has been completed or not. Your review time will over on April 13th. So starting from Scan date 26th January - 13th April, it's been in review. I told him that the last person I talked to told be that no one has touched my file yet. He said I don't know how they checked but I cannot see anything on my system. So basically the all 11 weeks is called the review time. 

6 minutes ago, Samad194 said:

I called NVC and that person told me that no one can tell you if anyone has opened your file yet or not. We cannot see that in our system. We can only see if your case has been completed or not. Your review time will over on April 13th. So starting from Scan date 26th January - 13th April, it's been in review. I told him that the last person I talked to told be that no one has touched my file yet. He said I don't know how they checked but I cannot see anything on my system. So basically the all 11 weeks is called the review time. 

what is your scan date?

I want to speak to that person because when I first sent in my documents my 6 weeks was over in January than a supervisor expedited it and it got finished in march then they said they need a copy of my husbands passport and that's was march 3 and they said no body has reviewed it yet have they gone crazy they never even touched my documents way passed their time so I want to speak with the head of the head I think they are purposely doing this so they can probably get a raise since their pay got cut off

2 minutes ago, Lule said:

I want to speak to that person because when I first sent in my documents my 6 weeks was over in January than a supervisor expedited it and it got finished in march then they said they need a copy of my husbands passport and that's was march 3 and they said no body has reviewed it yet have they gone crazy they never even touched my documents way passed their time so I want to speak with the head of the head I think they are purposely doing this so they can probably get a raise since their pay got cut off

Then when did you send the passport copy? Because when you send anything again, it restarts you processing time. Same thing happened with me. 

I sent it on march 4th they said they got it on march 8...the point is if we were told at the beginning it was 6 weeks they should have done it then but they were slow so it took them from November till march to review it that's totally stupid and annoying and every time I call I always talks nice to them but I've had it 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, amul said:

I was thinking of putting the 2015 transcript, employment letter and estimated 2016 income in the AOS and file our 2016 taxes thereafter. I was thinking that we would bring the 2016 tax transcript to the interview.

Would this be a problem? :wacko:

No, that should be fine normally, but looking at the current processing time, they may or may not give you a checklist for 2016 tax returns. You never know who is reviewing your case and how does he/she evaluates your case. They may also give you a checklist saying you need to bring updated I-864 and latest tax returns at the interview.

To weed out all the possible reasons of delay, I would suggest you apply for extension for 2016 taxes and include that in your AOS and IV package. (This is considering you are waiting for your ITIN and also delaying your tax returns filing because of that)

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

USCIS Stage [222 days from NOA1]

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

01/31/17 -- I-130 petition sent to NVC [Received Email notification and MyUscis status update]

NVC Stage [105 days from NOA2]

Embassy/Consulate (Interview) Stage [43 days from Case Complete to Visa in Hand]

05/18/17 -- Consulate Received. CEAC Case status changed to "Ready"

06/01/17 -- Medical Examination [Complete. It took around 2 hours. Total Cost INR 11650 for Surat City Apollo Clinic]

06/12/17 -- Biometric (OFC) Appointment

06/13/17 -- Interview [7:30 AM at Mumbai, India]. Visa Approved

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

06/21/17 -- POE at DFW (Dallas, Texas)

----- Removal of Condition -----

Removal of Condition (I-751) [Approved]

06/18/2019 -- Sent the package (3 Days before GC expires, cutting it close). Sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Ground

06/19/2019 -- Package received at around 9:30 AM (Hoping I don't get rejected for missing deadline)

06/24/2019 -- Card was charged with $680 fees. Text Message received confirming Receipt. Case routed to NBC (Case Number starts with 'MSC')

06/28/2019 -- NOA Hard Copy & 18 Months Extension Letter Received in Mail with NOA Date as 06/19/2019

07/12/2019 -- Biomentrics Appointment Letter received. The Letter is Dated 7/5/2019. Appointment is on 7/22/2019

07/22/2019 -- Biometrics Appointment Complete

02/01/2022 -- Interview Scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Complete. No new Green Card will be produced as my Naturalization was also approved.

03/04/2022 -- USCIS status changed to approved.

----- Naturalization -----

Naturalization (N-400) [Approved]

03/26/2022 -- N-400 online application complete. NOA Date.

01/15/2021 -- Biometric Complete.

02/28/2022 -- Interview scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Passed. Status changed to 'we recommended that your application be approved...' and then to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'.

03/09/2022 -- Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 3/25/2022.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.