dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview April 2017

557 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Yes I will share my experience later today, thank you guys so much!

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Best wishes

7 hours ago, Diana94 said:

Wishing you the best of luck! Hope everything goes your way! Keep us updated! 

Best wishes to you

Filed: Timeline

So let me start by telling that we are a gay couple living in a quite homophobic country, so we are married in Denmark instead of our country, because it's illegal here.

My appointment was at 2pm, I've arrived around 1:30, and immediately entered the building. There was no applicants waiting to enter. Inside, I've showed passport, got a security check, and gave 2 photos.

There was around 10 people waiting. I've waited for around 15-20 minutes , and got called to submit all my paperwork. Lady took almost everything, including my 500 pages worth evidence of relationship. There where no remarks of us being gay. The next wait was for the actual interview, there was only one consul working, and majority of people where DV Lottery winners. So I've waited for approx 1,5-2 hours.

So the consular officer was very polite and smiley person, that immediately put me on ease. First he read the oath, and I've said yes I swear, then he showed me my marriage certificate, and asked me with a smile, why do you got married in Denmark. I've said that we are a gay couple, and its impossible to marry here. 
Then he started to look at our paperwork, and it was really a MASSIVE looking folder, I've said Im sorry for that, but we wanted to prepare as much as we can, and he said, that's completely OK!
He asked a few questions about my husband, like how do we meet, where he was working, when he immigrated and so on. He was joking all the time and the questions were simple  really! 
He looked very briefly at our photos (100+ photos with lots of trips together), looked at our chat logs, and he was typing something all the time. 
And that's pretty much it, he handed over a pink paper, and told me to get visa in 5-10 days. I've got very lucky, because this was a very nice and kind officer. 
Actual interview lasted around 10 minutes, after that I've asked him are there any more fees to pay from here, he said that only Green Card fee left to be paid, then I've told him that we want to leave the country in mid July, will that be a problem? He said that visa is valid for 6 months, and medical is valid until early September.

Good luck to all!

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

23 hours ago, AlexUA said:

Sure, exactly! It's current for April. But what the embassy told me (and what NVC doesn't confirm if they understood what I was talking about).. They told me that to schedule interview for May NVC needs to see May Visa Bulletin and NVC can not schedule May interview for me before they see this May Bulletin to confirm date will still be current.

That's why I was shocked.. As May Bulletin will be available only closer to mid-April. But may be the embassy is not right. NVC representative told me it's not a problem and my case is current. Don't know who is right.

Similar situation here. EB3 with current priority date and have been waiting since 02/02 for an interview appointment.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
45 minutes ago, marco_polo said:

Greece

No recent stats for Greece here;( have NVC or Embassy told you to wait for May Visa Bulletin or just to wait?

we should get appointments either in about a week OR only after Visa Bulletin and that's +2 weeks approx.

11 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

No recent stats for Greece here;( have NVC or Embassy told you to wait for May Visa Bulletin or just to wait?

we should get appointments either in about a week OR only after Visa Bulletin and that's +2 weeks approx.

The embassy keeps telling me that it's up to the NVC since they have the case and the NVC that there is no available appointment currently.

I dont think it has anything to do with the PD. Mine is over a year ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:29 PM, Ezy_and_Oghene said:

I just want to share with you all that my husband attended his interview this morning at USEM Abu Dhabi, and he was approved. He was actually the first person to be interviewed for IV. If you were there this morning you probably saw a fine young man in blue suit. ??:D:jest:

Thank you everyone for your support and assistance through this journey. It's been a rough and painful one year but I'm glad it has come to an end. I'm hoping he joins me this weekend in the US. ? Thank you all! 

Case completed Sept 15, 2016. Interview scheduled on February 3, 2017. 

Interview date March 1, 2017 

WOW 164 days waiting. This is assume and congratulations. Sorry so late. I missed this post. :)

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:16 AM, parsha said:

check in!!

2017/02/16: CASE COMPLETED

2017/03/21: Interview Date

nervous la~~~

Congratulations on the Visa. That's great news.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:16 AM, VeVe said:

Our interview date is March 21 also. My husband went for his medical yesterday.

Sorry I missed this. I have added you to the spreadsheet. And Congratulations on the Visa approval.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexUA said:

Hi! As we both are waiting for Kiev Embassy interview, please post here when you get your date :) Do you plan calling NVC later this or the next week?

I will definitely do so.  I actually called this morning just to see if anything had happened yet and they said no, still waiting for interview date to be assigned.  I hope we hear something soon,  I imagine you are as anxious to get to the interview as my wife is. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.