David&Femke

conformation that K1 was recieved but no letter.

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi we got an e-mail that our petition was recieved at jan 30 and that we would recieve our NOA1 in the mail in 7-10 days. We have not recieved it yet on feb 23. If we check the case number with the online tracker it says we should be recieving instruktions in the amil and to call if we have no gotten anything on march 1.

Should we just call them now even though it says march 1. It has been more then 3 weeks and that seems long for the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

They usually want you to give it 30 days, so I would wait if I were you.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Scandi said:

They usually want you to give it 30 days, so I would wait if I were you.

Thank you, we will wait then.

How big do you think the change something happened to our letter is? if i look at other cases i dont really see any letter take 24 days to arrive, and we had a lot of trouble with mail ariving to our adress :-(.

Timeline

Call USCIS after 30 days, counting from the dte you got the email. Also keep an eye on your case status to see if i updates to "notice returned to USCIS" or something like that. That means the mailman couldn't deliver it to you for some reason.

Timeline
Just now, Scandi said:

Call USCIS after 30 days, counting from the dte you got the email. Also keep an eye on your case status to see if i updates to "notice returned to USCIS" or something like that. That means the mailman couldn't deliver it to you for some reason.

Thank you :-D We will do that.

Timeline

NOA1 hardcopy for the i-129f isn't important, just so you know. But even if you never get it you still need to figure out what the issue is, you don't want a possible RFE letter go missing, or the NOA2.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Scandi said:

NOA1 hardcopy for the i-129f isn't important, just so you know. But even if you never get it you still need to figure out what the issue is, you don't want a possible RFE letter go missing, or the NOA2.

That is what we are afraid off, we have so many delays and missing mail, and my fiance is a soldier that goes on training every few months foro a couple off weeks. So were scared that if we get an RFE our case might get denied if we miss several letters on it and or dont ahve the time to respond anymore when he comes back from a training.

Ladies and Gents,

Just to piggy back on David&Femke's question, I just got my NOA1 today. Just the other day "Murphy's law" reared its ugly guy! We were told our mail privileges were being revoked starting March 1st (I am a US contractor for the DoS in Pakistan). I have no idea how I will receive my I-797 or other documents sent to me here because I spend all my vacation time with my fiancee in Manila. Are these documents necessary? I was under the impression the K1 package would be sent to the US Embassy in Manila when completely approved from USCIS. I'm not really sure what I can do to rectify this situation, only thing I can think of try to change my address and have it sent it to my Mothers and have her send it to a colleagues who goes back to the states for vacation.

Any help would be appreciated!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, rhealy6322 said:

Ladies and Gents,

Just to piggy back on David&Femke's question, I just got my NOA1 today. Just the other day "Murphy's law" reared its ugly guy! We were told our mail privileges were being revoked starting March 1st (I am a US contractor for the DoS in Pakistan). I have no idea how I will receive my I-797 or other documents sent to me here because I spend all my vacation time with my fiancee in Manila. Are these documents necessary? I was under the impression the K1 package would be sent to the US Embassy in Manila when completely approved from USCIS. I'm not really sure what I can do to rectify this situation, only thing I can think of try to change my address and have it sent it to my Mothers and have her send it to a colleagues who goes back to the states for vacation.

I thinkyou do need your noa2 when you go for ajustment of states, not 100% shure on that though. But yo umost defenetly need it when its an FRE your recieving, so you need a adress to recieve mail for shure.

Thanks!  These things aren't friendly to military folks! I've been dealing with this since I joined the Marines in 2004! I'll change my address on their website just to make sure my mom can receive the correspondence and at the very least email me a copy! Best of luck to you, God bless.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, rhealy6322 said:

Thanks!  These things aren't friendly to military folks! I've been dealing with this since I joined the Marines in 2004! I'll change my address on their website just to make sure my mom can receive the correspondence and at the very least email me a copy! Best of luck to you, God bless.

Thank you, you to :-D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

@David&Femke we are in the same situation! we received the email saying that our case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center on Mon, Feb 6th. The check has been cashed but we havent received the hard copy in the mail... if by the 3rd we havent received de letter we will have to call... but i'm scared we might have this problem with more "important" things :( 

Timeline
1 minute ago, anajabonero said:

@David&Femke we are in the same situation! we received the email saying that our case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center on Mon, Feb 6th. The check has been cashed but we havent received the hard copy in the mail... if by the 3rd we havent received de letter we will have to call... but i'm scared we might have this problem with more "important" things :( 

i am sorry to hear that. ours also got routed to california. meybe it just takes that long sometimes. We will post it as soon as we get it in this treath so you have some reference. Goodluck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, rhealy6322 said:

Ladies and Gents,

There is no clear answer to this. For my case, we didn't need any of it. BUT I've had friends who did need it. The consulate is explicit about needing copies of everything, even if they dont ask. However, there are ways around things. Contact the appropriate people (I dont know what stage you are at), and explain. Email and explain. If you had it on record that there are these issues, you wont have the problem to deal with later.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, anajabonero said:

Sometimes, the mailing system just sucks! I would keep monitoring things online. I would know things long before my fiance would ever get mailed the documents. Did you sign up for electronic notification?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.