nachnam

No Notice Date or Received Date on NOA1 for AOS, EMPLOYMENT AUTH and ADVANCE PAROLE

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
51 minutes ago, kat&eddie said:

Gotcha :)

from the look of it they do in Austin but they're booked out :( im going to try to check again tomorrow 

thank you for your help 

Please let me know if you have any luck with Austin. My husband needs an appointment too (same issue, no dates) and it always says no appointments available.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Someone said they only open up appointments for 14 days forward, so you have the best chance of getting one just after midnight when new appointments open up. I have no idea if this is true or not, but might be worth a try.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Scandi said:

Someone said they only open up appointments for 14 days forward, so you have the best chance of getting one just after midnight when new appointments open up. I have no idea if this is true or not, but might be worth a try.

Yes that's true it even says so on the website :(

Timeline
7 hours ago, Scandi said:

Still nothing in Austin but there was one in San Antonio now, maybe if you hurry you can schedule one there too 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi kat&eddie

My nearest office is Dallas. I live in Dallas. I am lucky because the office is 20 min away from me. i would advise to check between 4pm and 6pm as I was able to schedule an appointment on wednesday around 4.15pm for the next day however needed to cancel as it did not suit my husbands schedule. I then checked back around an hour later and was able to get an appointment for 2 days later. I did research on another website as to what times appointments open up and it was between 4pm-6pm texas time. 

I am still not able to review my case online but the lady at the office told me the case status was down. i think this is an overall problem February filers are having. It has been mentioned in the AOS February 2017 filers forum. It is annoying but atleast we are all in the same situation. 

Hope this helps! :) 

K1 Journey

11/05/2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville Lockbox via FedEx

12/05/2016 - I-129F received at Lewisville Lockbox

17/05/2016 - Received NOA1 Text/Email Notification - Routed to California Service Center 

25/05/2016 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy - notice date of 16/05/2016

09/06/2016 - Up to date with vaccinations

29/07/2016 - Received NOA2 text/email notification! (74 days) 

05/08/2016 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

09/08/2016 - Sent ACRO Police Certificate Application

11/08/2016- NVC Received packet!

11/08/2016 - NVC Case number assigned on the same day as NVC received! yayyy 

AOS Journey
04/12/2016 - POE Dallas
05/12/2016-  Marriage
08/02/2017-  sent AOS packet to Chicago via FedEx
20/02/2017-  Received NOA1 Hardcopies for AOS/AP/EAD - notice dates of 13/02/2017
25/04/2017EAD case status changed to " Card being produced"
27/04/2017 - AP and EAD case status changed to "Case Approved"
28/04/2017 - EAD case status changed to " Card was mailed to me"
28/04/2017 -Received NOA2 Hardcopy for EAD/AP

Timeline
21 minutes ago, nachnam said:

Hi kat&eddie

My nearest office is Dallas. I live in Dallas. I am lucky because the office is 20 min away from me. i would advise to check between 4pm and 6pm as I was able to schedule an appointment on wednesday around 4.15pm for the next day however needed to cancel as it did not suit my husbands schedule. I then checked back around an hour later and was able to get an appointment for 2 days later. I did research on another website as to what times appointments open up and it was between 4pm-6pm texas time. 

I am still not able to review my case online but the lady at the office told me the case status was down. i think this is an overall problem February filers are having. It has been mentioned in the AOS February 2017 filers forum. It is annoying but atleast we are all in the same situation. 

Hope this helps! :) 

Thank you :) 

Its beyond annoying and the problem is the closest office here is 2,5 hour drive for me, without traffic... so I am really debating rather take the drive or wait until I get my biometric appt and mention it there and hope they will give me new NOA's then..

I was also reading that military dont' need to schedule an appointment, that they are seen on a walk in basis, but I'm not sure if that would be the case with this matter or just biometrics. I think I will just wait and see when I will have biometrics and hope to fix everything then because I am really not feeling like driving 5 hours +

I hope everything goes smooth for all filers 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
5 minutes ago, kat&eddie said:

Thank you :) 

Its beyond annoying and the problem is the closest office here is 2,5 hour drive for me, without traffic... so I am really debating rather take the drive or wait until I get my biometric appt and mention it there and hope they will give me new NOA's then..

I was also reading that military dont' need to schedule an appointment, that they are seen on a walk in basis, but I'm not sure if that would be the case with this matter or just biometrics. I think I will just wait and see when I will have biometrics and hope to fix everything then because I am really not feeling like driving 5 hours +

I hope everything goes smooth for all filers 

I know that The infopass appointment center and biometrics appointments are done in separate buildings.

I just looked into it on USCIS website, it says  you can walk in are for biometric  for military however nothing about walking for info pass. 

why don't you make a info pass appointment  and then  on the same day do your biometrics walk in appointment :) so you do not have to go twice. just remember to take your military id/dep id with you and mention the walk in biometrics appointment to the officer you see at infopass appointment.

The infopass appointment times open between 4pm-6pm our texas time everyday

keep us updated!! :jest:

K1 Journey

11/05/2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville Lockbox via FedEx

12/05/2016 - I-129F received at Lewisville Lockbox

17/05/2016 - Received NOA1 Text/Email Notification - Routed to California Service Center 

25/05/2016 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy - notice date of 16/05/2016

09/06/2016 - Up to date with vaccinations

29/07/2016 - Received NOA2 text/email notification! (74 days) 

05/08/2016 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

09/08/2016 - Sent ACRO Police Certificate Application

11/08/2016- NVC Received packet!

11/08/2016 - NVC Case number assigned on the same day as NVC received! yayyy 

AOS Journey
04/12/2016 - POE Dallas
05/12/2016-  Marriage
08/02/2017-  sent AOS packet to Chicago via FedEx
20/02/2017-  Received NOA1 Hardcopies for AOS/AP/EAD - notice dates of 13/02/2017
25/04/2017EAD case status changed to " Card being produced"
27/04/2017 - AP and EAD case status changed to "Case Approved"
28/04/2017 - EAD case status changed to " Card was mailed to me"
28/04/2017 -Received NOA2 Hardcopy for EAD/AP

Timeline
46 minutes ago, nachnam said:

I know that The infopass appointment center and biometrics appointments are done in separate buildings.

I just looked into it on USCIS website, it says  you can walk in are for biometric  for military however nothing about walking for info pass. 

why don't you make a info pass appointment  and then  on the same day do your biometrics walk in appointment :) so you do not have to go twice. just remember to take your military id/dep id with you and mention the walk in biometrics appointment to the officer you see at infopass appointment.

The infopass appointment times open between 4pm-6pm our texas time everyday

keep us updated!! :jest:

I already went ahead and scheduled that infopass appointment for the 14th of march, it was the earliest possible day

If I havent received a letter by then for biometrics I will do or at least try to do all on that day :) thank you for your help, I will post when I hear something new

Please let me know when or if you're able to track your case online ^_^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks all for the shared info, very useful and I managed to get myself an Infopass appointment 14 days away in NYC by booking just after midnight.

I will unfortunately soon be finding out if there's an issue with the missing dates on my AOS NOAs as I've got two internal flights before my infopass appointment, by which time I will be out of status (however have the NOAs to show I filed for AOS). I'll be bringing my passport, marriage certificate & NOAs, so fingers crossed that the lack of date isn't an issue during these travels. If there's anything else I should carry for this trip that I've missed please do let me know (especially anything that would verify when I filed for AOS), I'd rather be safe than sorry and have taken great care to abide by the rules. Logically, I think it should be ok as (a) it's still proof of my filing for the AOS and (b) the NOA is in my new married name. But who knows!

I went to my infopass appointment today.

After explaining the problem (none of my NOA1s have notice dates on them), the women searched my case online and told me the received dates for each form - which I already knew from checking my status online.

Me: "But I'm concerned that if I travel out of state [I live in Chicago, a sanctuary city], and I'm asked for my documentation, there'll be an issue because these letters don't have dates on them, so there's no proof that I filed for AOS on time."

Her: "Hmm, ok." 

She then went to ask someone in the back whether the lack of notice dates was a problem. She was gone a long time.

Her: "So the missing notice dates are our mistake - that's a USCIS mistake. What I suggest you do is request to expedite your combo card [EAD and AP], because that will have a date on it. Don't travel without the AP."

She then gave me an email address at the Texas Service Center, which she said I should email to request an expedite.

So...  :huh:  I don't really know what to think! I did ask her if I could get copies of my NOA1s with dates on, but she kind of ignored that. Do you think she was confused, and thought that I meant to travel outside of the US?? I was just asking about domestic travel, as I know that people have been asked for their immigration paperwork on domestic flights recently.

Should I try to expedite my EAD/AP, as she suggested?? I've never heard of an expedite being granted for this reason. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.