Ray&Ash

I-129F November 2016 Filers - Part 2

2,907 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Just have to wait until the physical notice comes in with the reason.

Yeah... I just worked on this petition harder than I did on all my university papers this year, I made sure it's impeccable... I'm just so sad.

Timeline

@MajaMukanowska can You say what kind of evidences did You attach to the petition?

K1 visa adventure 

02/01/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/13/2017- NoA1 hard copy (notice date 02/07, received date 02/03)

05/05/2017- NOA2 (hard copy received by mail 05/11, no e-notification)

05/25/2017- NVC number receiveD

06/19/2017- Embassy Interview: APPROVED!

06/26/2017- POE Boston

09/02/2017- we got married!

AOS adventure

02/20/2018- AOS send via USPS

02/23/2018- AOS received 

03/14/2018- text and email notifications

03/13/2018- NOA notice date (i-485, i-131)

04/04/2018- biometrics appointment (I-485)

04/18/2018- case ready for scheduling Interview 

05/24/2018- EAD approved (expedited on 05/04)

06/01/2018- EAD delivered to me

07/30/2018- AP approved

08/01/2018- AP approval notice received in the mail

01/10/2019-  Interview- approved on the spot

01/17/2019- Green Card received by mail

ROC adventure

10/16/2020- I-751 packet sent to Phoenix,AZ

10/19/2020- delivered to AZ lockbox by USPS

11/02/2020- Notice date

11/4/2020- check cashed and text- SRC

11/10/2020- received NOA extension letter for 18 months 

12/16/2020- Case transferred to NBC

02/10/2021- New Card is Being Produced

02/24/2021- GC received in the mailbox :)

Timeline
Just now, pattyandvern said:

@MajaMukanowska can You say what kind of evidences did You attach to the petition?

Well I included all the paperwork as seen in screenshot. Declaration of meeting was a few sentences addendum saying how we actually kept seeing in other in person at least once a week. Proof of meeting in person was number of screenshots from texts and FB chat when we were planning dates. For cinema dates I included all the matching ticket stubs I could find. I included all the pictures we have of us together (which is only a few... we just never thought we'd ever need them...).

For ongoing relationship I attached at least one screenshot of FB chat per week of dating, up until we sent the petition. I included all the video chat screenshots I had for after I'd already left the US. All the screenshots of when I talked about Doug on my FB wall. Screenshot of us video calling my mom. All the phone call logs (screenshots from my phone - can't get billing since those are iPhone FaceTime/calls).

Everything dated. Pictures and screenshots with descriptions and dates below printed off pdf files. I even included information like the operating system of the device I took the screenshot on "screenshot from Facebook chat, Google Chrome for OS X".

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 16.53.01.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, thatsmygsp said:

Wow. February 16th NOA2 date and NVC still hasnt received the application as of today, March 6.  I just called this morning.

That seems extremely slow. Anyone else have such a slow delivery time to NVC?

Thanks! 

Me the same! My noa2 í 16 feb, i used "ask NVC" and called them already but they told me that they haven't received it ong

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing great. Been visiting my fiance the past few days, so a bit busy to be on here. :-) 

Just called NVC, still haven't received. My NOA2 is 2/16 so just putting that out there to let others know where we're at.

Edited by Reboot1

18 minutes ago, MajaMukanowska said:

Well I included all the paperwork as seen in screenshot. Declaration of meeting was a few sentences addendum saying how we actually kept seeing in other in person at least once a week. Proof of meeting in person was number of screenshots from texts and FB chat when we were planning dates. For cinema dates I included all the matching ticket stubs I could find. I included all the pictures we have of us together (which is only a few... we just never thought we'd ever need them...).

For ongoing relationship I attached at least one screenshot of FB chat per week of dating, up until we sent the petition. I included all the video chat screenshots I had for after I'd already left the US. All the screenshots of when I talked about Doug on my FB wall. Screenshot of us video calling my mom. All the phone call logs (screenshots from my phone - can't get billing since those are iPhone FaceTime/calls).

Everything dated. Pictures and screenshots with descriptions and dates below printed off pdf files. I even included information like the operating system of the device I took the screenshot on "screenshot from Facebook chat, Google Chrome for OS X".

Thanks for the details! A few notes:

• How you met should be about how you first came into contact with your fiance (i.e. bumped into them at xyz, met via my friend Mr. Xyz, contacted online via dating website xyz and here's why it's not an IMB...).
  • Screenshots from texts and FB chats is not proof of meeting at least once in person. You have to look at it from the perspective of somebody who is trying to find fraud. What stops two people who have never actually met in person from sending chat messages?
  • The ticket stubs may or may not be useful. They can prove somebody was at Cinema XYZ on a specific date, but it doesn't really prove who was there. You/your fiance could have bought 2 tickets and just sent them via mail without ever actually meeting. However, if the stubs match other evidence, then it can help.
  • Photos are secondary evidence (proving a date/location is difficulty at best).
  • Ongoing relationship evidence is not necessary or reviewed for the I-129F. If you provided it for front-loading (which isn't needed for your embassy), it will be reviewed at the interview stage. For the I-129F, they won't look at it. They just need to know that you met in person at least once within the past 2 years, not that you have an ongoing relationship. The proof you provided here is fine, but I'm just saying it won't be considered at this stage.
Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
19 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Thanks for the details! A few notes:

• How you met should be about how you first came into contact with your fiance (i.e. bumped into them at xyz, met via my friend Mr. Xyz, contacted online via dating website xyz and here's why it's not an IMB...).
  • Screenshots from texts and FB chats is not proof of meeting at least once in person. You have to look at it from the perspective of somebody who is trying to find fraud. What stops two people who have never actually met in person from sending chat messages?
  • The ticket stubs may or may not be useful. They can prove somebody was at Cinema XYZ on a specific date, but it doesn't really prove who was there. You/your fiance could have bought 2 tickets and just sent them via mail without ever actually meeting. However, if the stubs match other evidence, then it can help.
  • Photos are secondary evidence (proving a date/location is difficulty at best).
  • Ongoing relationship evidence is not necessary or reviewed for the I-129F. If you provided it for front-loading (which isn't needed for your embassy), it will be reviewed at the interview stage. For the I-129F, they won't look at it. They just need to know that you met in person at least once within the past 2 years, not that you have an ongoing relationship. The proof you provided here is fine, but I'm just saying it won't be considered at this stage.

I wrote about Tinder, attached screenshots from the first messages. Then attached screenshots from after the first date. We didn't take any pictures together until way later (like who takes pictures with people they just started dating? creepy). I included all the photos we ever took... which is literally 6, I don't have any more. But one of them is in front of the White House, shouldn't that count as 100 now? :) I don't know what else to add. I literally lived at his place in the US for months, while still paying for mine. How can I prove it, other than FB chat, texts and calls?

I included details of my J1 visa proving I was there for quite a while, plane tickets...

Edited by MajaMukanowska

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, thatsmygsp said:

Hey, are you a Tar Heel?  I am :)

Most def!  Born and raised in Chapel Hill...and just moved back :D

Are you from here?

------------------------------

2016-11-02 Filed I-129F

2016-11-04 NOA1

2017-02-02 NOA2

2017-03-03 Rec'd by NVC

2017-03-06 Assigned NVC #

2017-03-07 Left NVC

2017-03-09 Rec'd by Consulate

2017-03-20 Medical

2017-04-20 Interview

2017-04-27 Visa issued

Timeline

2 minutes ago, MajaMukanowska said:

I wrote about Tinder, attached screenshots from the first messages. Then attached screenshots from after the first date. We didn't take any pictures together until way later (like who takes pictures with people they just started dating? creepy). I included all the photos we ever took... which is literally 6, I don't have any more. But one of them is in front of the White House, shouldn't that count as 100 now? :) I don't know what else to add. I literally lived at his place in the US for months, while still paying for mine. How can I prove it, other than FB chat, texts and calls?

That sounds fine for Tinder. Maybe they want a statement/TOS for it? This is just pure speculation until the RFE comes in. I took photos with my fiancee when we first started dating, but I take photos of a lot of stuff. haha Again, I don't think photos are the issue...they're secondary. The White House one should be fine to show you two together....just narrowing down the date might be an open question.

Maybe I missed some of the back story, sorry. You lived at his place? Are you the beneficiary or petitioner? If you're the beneficiary, then receipts from places nearby over the course of your stay + something proving his residence there at the time (i.e. lease/mail/etc.) would probably help.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline
9 minutes ago, geowrian said:

That sounds fine for Tinder. Maybe they want a statement/TOS for it? This is just pure speculation until the RFE comes in. I took photos with my fiancee when we first started dating, but I take photos of a lot of stuff. haha Again, I don't think photos are the issue...they're secondary. The White House one should be fine to show you two together....just narrowing down the date might be an open question.

Maybe I missed some of the back story, sorry. You lived at his place? Are you the beneficiary or petitioner? If you're the beneficiary, then receipts from places nearby over the course of your stay + something proving his residence there at the time (i.e. lease/mail/etc.) would probably help.

Beneficiary. I deal with all the paperwork.
I don't keep receipts, as I use debit card for everything. I closed my bank account a few days before leaving the US, so I don't think I can get purchase history off a closed account, especially since I would be trying to get it from abroad now... I'll look into it.
I did put the date next to the White House picture, if that's what you mean. I put dates everywhere. I did pay for utilities through Venmo to the house owners when I was chilling there basically 24/7 but he doesn't have a lease with them since they are his friends too (he does Venmo/checks as well). My mom when she was mailing me always put his parents address down but I didn't keep any of the envelopes because why would I? I didn't know I'd be going through all of this back then.

I'm thinking affidavits of us meeting from the couple owned the house (they even were there for our first date, lol), his parents who I've seen multiple times, his co-workers that knew me as his girlfriend for quite a while?

1 minute ago, MajaMukanowska said:

Beneficiary. I deal with all the paperwork.
I don't keep receipts, as I use debit card for everything. I closed my bank account a few days before leaving the US, so I don't think I can get purchase history off a closed account, especially since I would be trying to get it from abroad now... I'll look into it.
I did put the date next to the White House picture, if that's what you mean. I put dates everywhere. I did pay for utilities through Venmo to the house owners when I was chilling there basically 24/7 but he doesn't have a lease with them since they are his friends too (he does Venmo/checks as well). My mom when she was mailing me always put his parents address down but I didn't keep any of the envelopes because why would I? I didn't know I'd be going through all of this back then.

I'm thinking affidavits of us meeting from the couple owned the house (they even were there for our first date, lol), his parents who I've seen multiple times, his co-workers that knew me as his girlfriend for quite a while?

Thanks! That's fine...I just wanted to clarify.

I'm not sure about the closed account aspect, sorry. That might be bank-specific...?

I understand that the date of the photo was labeled, but a label isn't proof. It's just to help the CO make sense of all the data in front of him. That said, if you have proof of entering the US within 2 years prior to meeting your fiance and have a photo with him at the White House (please tell me the CO can recognize it!), then I can't think of a way to not have met the burden of proof (barring image manipulation, but that's a pretty far-fetched claim for a CO, IMHO).

I agree - affidavits would help assuming that is the cause of the RFE. It's possibly something else entirely (a missed checkbox/signature/anything).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Thanks! That's fine...I just wanted to clarify.

I'm not sure about the closed account aspect, sorry. That might be bank-specific...?

I understand that the date of the photo was labeled, but a label isn't proof. It's just to help the CO make sense of all the data in front of him. That said, if you have proof of entering the US within 2 years prior to meeting your fiance and have a photo with him at the White House (please tell me the CO can recognize it!), then I can't think of a way to not have met the burden of proof (barring image manipulation, but that's a pretty far-fetched claim for a CO, IMHO).

I agree - affidavits would help assuming that is the cause of the RFE. It's possibly something else entirely (a missed checkbox/signature/anything).

One more question? Do I need a refreshed Letter of Intent? The one we sent is obviously dated Oct 31, and it's March now.

1 minute ago, MajaMukanowska said:

One more question? Do I need a refreshed Letter of Intent? The one we sent is obviously dated Oct 31, and it's March now.

If it's not in the RFE, then I don't think so. When you get to the interview stage, having proof of an ongoing relationship will be needed anyway. It wouldn't hurt to have a new one...but it's not necessary.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
2 hours ago, MajaMukanowska said:

Maybe they need your boarding pass copy or visa stamps? Maybe somebody with noa2 will say what kind of evidence of meeting in person they attached? We attached couple pictures, original of my boarding pass that I used to come to USA and copies of all my visas and stamps from my passport when I was crossing border from 2years. But we are still waiting on noa2 so I don't know if it is right.

Edited by pattyandvern

K1 visa adventure 

02/01/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/13/2017- NoA1 hard copy (notice date 02/07, received date 02/03)

05/05/2017- NOA2 (hard copy received by mail 05/11, no e-notification)

05/25/2017- NVC number receiveD

06/19/2017- Embassy Interview: APPROVED!

06/26/2017- POE Boston

09/02/2017- we got married!

AOS adventure

02/20/2018- AOS send via USPS

02/23/2018- AOS received 

03/14/2018- text and email notifications

03/13/2018- NOA notice date (i-485, i-131)

04/04/2018- biometrics appointment (I-485)

04/18/2018- case ready for scheduling Interview 

05/24/2018- EAD approved (expedited on 05/04)

06/01/2018- EAD delivered to me

07/30/2018- AP approved

08/01/2018- AP approval notice received in the mail

01/10/2019-  Interview- approved on the spot

01/17/2019- Green Card received by mail

ROC adventure

10/16/2020- I-751 packet sent to Phoenix,AZ

10/19/2020- delivered to AZ lockbox by USPS

11/02/2020- Notice date

11/4/2020- check cashed and text- SRC

11/10/2020- received NOA extension letter for 18 months 

12/16/2020- Case transferred to NBC

02/10/2021- New Card is Being Produced

02/24/2021- GC received in the mailbox :)

2 hours ago, S & D said:

Most def!  Born and raised in Chapel Hill...and just moved back :D

Are you from here?

I am from New Bern, but moved to Chapel Hill when I was 18 to go to UNC undergrad and grad school - and stayed in Chapel Hill my years off too and every summer. Its defintely my second home. Good luck on this visa!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.