Jump to content

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello!  My fiancé and I sent our K1 Visa application on 10/31/2016. We received our NOA1 on November 3, 2016. On January 23, 2017, we received an RFE.  We will mail out that information on Monday.  My question is, once we receive our NOA2, will we hear anything else via USPS or on the USCIS site regarding what comes next, or do we simply have to wait until the package is received at the Swiss Embassy before we know anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

Hello!  My fiancé and I sent our K1 Visa application on 10/31/2016. We received our NOA1 on November 3, 2016. On January 23, 2017, we received an RFE.  We will mail out that information on Monday.  My question is, once we receive our NOA2, will we hear anything else via USPS or on the USCIS site regarding what comes next, or do we simply have to wait until the package is received at the Swiss Embassy before we know anything?

Next it will be sent to the NVC and then on to the embassy. You can call the NVC and ask them in a week or two, if they have gotten your case yet to get your case number. In many places, not all, you might need the case number for booking of medical etc. The case number will also allow you to track your case at the ceac case tracker site from then until the visa is issued at the embassy. You can also go a ahead and fill out the DS-160 on the traveldocs site if you have not yet done so. :)  The beneficiary and in some cases also the petitioner will receive a "packet 3"  (most often this is an email, depends on embassy though) from the embassy with further information on what you need to do to book interview and what documents you need to gather for that interview. Some embassies have this information on their websites. From the NVC on things will be embassy specific, so I can't really help anymore than that, but good luck you!


K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the quick response.  How do I find the NVC's number?  You have been helpful. We question everything and stress about what and how to respond to our RFE. It's hard being apart and trying to figure all of this out together.  We have an attorney.  He has been of no help and we feel like we no longer need his help. We have done all the legwork and the RFE we received was something he should have noticed before submitting our I-129 application.  Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

Thank you for the quick response.  How do I find the NVC's number?  You have been helpful. We question everything and stress about what and how to respond to our RFE. It's hard being apart and trying to figure all of this out together.  We have an attorney.  He has been of no help and we feel like we no longer need his help. We have done all the legwork and the RFE we received was something he should have noticed before submitting our I-129 application.  Thanks again!

 (603) 334-0700 for immigrant inquiries or (603) 334-0888 for non-immigrant inquiries.... 

If I remember correctly I called the first one... but sometimes it might be busy and I know ppl have then also called the 2nd one...

 

Yea, imo I see many get ripped off by lawyers.. not getting their money's worth and many times even making silly mistakes....like you mentioned.. You should not receive an RFE if you have a lawyer unless it's smth out of the ordinary..


K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Suss&Camm said:

Next it will be sent to the NVC and then on to the embassy. You can call the NVC and ask them in a week or two, if they have gotten your case yet to get your case number. In many places, not all, you might need the case number for booking of medical etc. The case number will also allow you to track your case at the ceac case tracker site from then until the visa is issued at the embassy. You can also go a ahead and fill out the DS-160 on the traveldocs site if you have not yet done so. :)  The beneficiary and in some cases also the petitioner will receive a "packet 3"  (most often this is an email, depends on embassy though) from the embassy with further information on what you need to do to book interview and what documents you need to gather for that interview. Some embassies have this information on their websites. From the NVC on things will be embassy specific, so I can't really help anymore than that, but good luck you!

Thanks for clearing this up, especially the NVC phase. I see many people referring to calling the NVC as if it's a necessary step. I wasn't sure if it is, or just something people do because they'd like to know their case isn't in a black hole!


2017

25 Jan: I-129F Sent from Berlin | 27 Jan: NOA-1 | 01 May: RFE19 May: NOA-2

03 Jun: NVC Received | 20 Jun: NVC Issued Case Number | 23 Jun: Case Ready 

29 Jun: Medical | 03 Jul: Packet 3 received & sent | 13 Jul: Interview | 20 Jul: Visa In Hand

07 Aug: POE | 06 Sep: AOS Sent | 15 Sep: NOA-1 | 15 Oct: RFE | 29 Nov: EAD/AP/AOS NOA-2 | 06 Dec: EAD/AP In Hand

2018

02 Jan: AOS Interview | 08 Jan: GC Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×