apalachidoremi

honeymoon spots in north africa

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Guys!

Me and my wife are planning a "late" honeymoon later this year- we're hoping you could help us out with places from the north African region.. we both love the food, and the scenery..

also, is it possible to go through each country by land, or is the security at the border tight? She's a USC & I'm not.. planning on going to atleast 3 countries lol..

Thanks !

There are many beautiful & cheap places to go in Egypt. Sharm El-Sheikh (Stella Di Mare Hotel), Hurghada, Marsa Alam, Al Gouna,  Siwa Oasis, River Nile cruises from Cairo to Aswan. You can find many, many places to go in Egypt that are fun and romantic, plus it's extremely cheap. (L)

Also Egypt has great food as well.

Another beautiful, romantic, and enjoyable country to go to would be Morocco. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ensure whatever country/countries you plan on going to, if a GC holder only, you yourself still need to have appropriate visas in your Philippines passport to go to those countries if they require you to have one.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
37 minutes ago, apalachidoremi said:

Hello Guys!

Me and my wife are planning a "late" honeymoon later this year- we're hoping you could help us out with places from the north African region.. we both love the food, and the scenery..

also, is it possible to go through each country by land, or is the security at the border tight? She's a USC & I'm not.. planning on going to atleast 3 countries lol..

Thanks !

Hello !!

i suggest you to visit Morocco , there is a beautiful cities to visit and delicious food to taste and for sure trying for the first time the special mint tea ,  you guys will love it

here is some cities that you can google : the blue perl chefchaouen , Tangier , Essaouira , Marrakech , Aagadir .....

If u have any questions i would like to answer all of them

enjoy your time ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Agree....Morocco. Very friendly colorful country. Has Mountains with snow, deserts and Alot of beautiful Coastline!!! The Train system is good and can take you through many of the cities that are a must see.

Casablanca, Marrakesh, Rabat ...

Twenty something minute Ferry to Spain from the North of Maroc.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Ahmed & Amy , thanks for the suggestions- we are familiar with the Stella Di Mare Hotel as my relatives stayed there when they visited a few years ago. the whole country spells h-I-s-t-o-r-I-c.

@Mehdi-T, awesome ideas!! We have seen Tangier and Marrakech in a travel documentary before and want to try cooking in tajine :) both lovers of tea and coffee too!

@Inluv, the train system sounds promising, at least we would not have to worry much about getting around I guess..

are the locals able to speak in English? I know Morocco is a francophone country, is Egypt one too?

Ben&Zian, thanks for reminding me-have to check on that too beforehand..

They speak English in Egypt. Many locals and majority of people who work in the these cities I've mentioned, have people speaking English. Wish you a happy honeymoon <3 

I second Egypt. The value of the Egyptian pound (EGP/LE) to the dollar makes tourism a great - not good, GREAT - deal financially. A lovely hotel room can be had for $25 (USD) per night. Transportation is reasonable; the train from Alexandria to Cairo, first class, is around $2.50, one way, per person. And I agree, Egyptian food is really, really good. As for English speakers, English is Egypt's second language and most people know some. In the tourist areas, English is a must.

So come and visit!

(Did I mention we have Uber, too?)

Timeline

Too simple , I will give you a plan and think about it. I did it with my wife which is American and we loved it, Morocco ??❤️, city's ??? Chefchaoun, tanger, marrakesh, we organized it a while before. booked the places where we were going to stay using airbnb and it was a lot cheaper, 2 days in tanger, 3 days in marrakesh, 2 days in chefchaoun, you will want to stay a week in each city ... happy honey moon from us.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I may be biased ;), but I would also recommend Morocco. I cannot speak to the land border situation, but I did take the ferry from Spain to Tangier. The ferry ride - not so good on the day we traveled - Tangier, beautiful. Once he is able to travel, my fiance and I are planning a Spain-Morocco trip. So many places that we would love to visit - Marrakech, Fes, Tangier, Chefchaouen.

Egypt is also high on my list. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these options.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.