forena99

2017 Post NOA2 for Cuba K1 - getting ready for interview

415 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
10 hours ago, Dayr123 said:

hi any news ??

Not really -- nothing that I know of. Although today my fiancé emailed me and said that he saw on the news in Cuba that he would need to get a visa for Colombia and then go to the interview, then go back to Cuba and wait for "the results". Anyone else confirm this? I mean obviously if it goes into AP he may have to do that, although I don't know how it would work as generally in AP they keep your passport right? Well maybe he just misunderstood the news and they said "possibly" you might need to go to Colombia and then go back to Cuba? Surely they wouldn't be so insane to make everyone make 2 trips to Colombia, one for the interview and one to pick up the passport, right???

Also, check the last post here (kind of what we already knew, but confirmation):

Timeline
6 hours ago, pukka said:

Not really -- nothing that I know of. Although today my fiancé emailed me and said that he saw on the news in Cuba that he would need to get a visa for Colombia and then go to the interview, then go back to Cuba and wait for "the results". Anyone else confirm this? I mean obviously if it goes into AP he may have to do that, although I don't know how it would work as generally in AP they keep your passport right? Well maybe he just misunderstood the news and they said "possibly" you might need to go to Colombia and then go back to Cuba? Surely they wouldn't be so insane to make everyone make 2 trips to Colombia, one for the interview and one to pick up the passport, right???

Also, check the last post here (kind of what we already knew, but confirmation):

ok I found this yestoday , is for making appointments in Colombia Embassy but i dont think we can use it , plus it give you the list for the medical Exam and A checlist for interview ,

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/BGT -Bogota.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Any news? I have not received anything. In the CEAC case status checker, my case says "ready" as it has since August, but I see it's updated October 26. Wonder what this means? I thought perhaps this meant ready in Bogota, so I called the Bogota embassy this morning, but they don't give info on the phone.

Timeline
1 hour ago, pukka said:

Any news? I have not received anything. In the CEAC case status checker, my case says "ready" as it has since August, but I see it's updated October 26. Wonder what this means? I thought perhaps this meant ready in Bogota, so I called the Bogota embassy this morning, but they don't give info on the phone.

I received an email yesterday morning from NVC stating what we already know. Basically that everything is being sent to Bogota and if we had an interview date that NVC would send me something with a new date on it, and if we didn't have an interview date yet then NVC would send me notification of next steps. It's just all up in the air right now and I don't believe they have anything set out as to how they'll process the visas.

The update in your case may just mean that they are starting to send it to Bogota, but you'll know for sure once it's there because it'll put BGT after your HAV#.. For example we were able to send our petition to Argentina since that's where my fiance is right now and when the case was updated it added BNS to the end of our HAV case number. Then they sent us the packet 3 in an email stating the transfer was successful and next steps to get the interview date.

So keep an eye out for your email. I doubt that anyone will get any information for an interview or next steps until Dec or after the first of the year. Things are so insane right now with the US and Cuba.

K-1 Visa

03/20/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/21/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

03/24/17 - Check cashed
03/27/17 - NOA1 Text and Email. (Notice Date)
03/31/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
07/13/17- NOA2 Notice Date
07/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 

07/28/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
08/04/17 - Case Number Received by NVC Letter (Hard Copy)

09/29/17 - US Embassy in Havana no longer processing visa's

11/07/2017 - Transferred Case to Buenos Aires, Argentina

11/07/2017 - Received Packet 3 from BNS

12/04/17 - Medical

12/20/17 - Sent Packet 3 Docs back to Embassy

01/10/18 - Received Interview Date Email
01/22/17 - Interview

01/22/17 - Put into AP
xx/xx/17 - Visa Issued
xx/xx/17 - Visa in Hand =)
xx/xx/17 - Houston Bound

Timeline
On 11/14/2017 at 8:56 AM, CubaAndChill said:

I received an email yesterday morning from NVC stating what we already know. Basically that everything is being sent to Bogota and if we had an interview date that NVC would send me something with a new date on it, and if we didn't have an interview date yet then NVC would send me notification of next steps. It's just all up in the air right now and I don't believe they have anything set out as to how they'll process the visas.

The update in your case may just mean that they are starting to send it to Bogota, but you'll know for sure once it's there because it'll put BGT after your HAV#.. For example we were able to send our petition to Argentina since that's where my fiance is right now and when the case was updated it added BNS to the end of our HAV case number. Then they sent us the packet 3 in an email stating the transfer was successful and next steps to get the interview date.

So keep an eye out for your email. I doubt that anyone will get any information for an interview or next steps until Dec or after the first of the year. Things are so insane right now with the US and Cuba.

Thanks for this. Do you think it will be easier/faster to transfer to another country? I called Bogota and they don't have our application, NVC has no info for me at all, and there's not BGT after the HAV number (thanks for this tip). My fiancé did his medical mid-September and so mid-March is our deadline to not lose that $400...plus I have financial, professional, and all sorts of worries all hinging on this!
BTW all, Embassy of Havana updated its FAQ today on the immigrant visa cases, mostly what we know already, but still helpful if you are hungry for info. Looks like the NVC sends us a letter with the new appointment info.
Just our of curiosity, what was your next steps before the interview in Argentina? Was there anything new, or anything you had to do over? Congrats on the transfer, that's a relief I am sure.

the problem with transferring it to another country is cuban's need visas to go almost everywhere. theres a few countries that they don't but those arent logistically or affordably easy to get to, including barbados. its a 33hr flight from havana because they dont have any direct flights! i think we just need to wait until they announce the transfer to bogota because then at least it will be easier for cubans to get visas to go there, because it will be understood many cubans will be going. but perhaps you could transfer it to bahamas or jamaica, i just dont think it will be easy. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/16/2017 at 11:02 PM, pukka said:

Thanks for this. Do you think it will be easier/faster to transfer to another country? I called Bogota and they don't have our application, NVC has no info for me at all, and there's not BGT after the HAV number (thanks for this tip). My fiancé did his medical mid-September and so mid-March is our deadline to not lose that $400...plus I have financial, professional, and all sorts of worries all hinging on this!
BTW all, Embassy of Havana updated its FAQ today on the immigrant visa cases, mostly what we know already, but still helpful if you are hungry for info. Looks like the NVC sends us a letter with the new appointment info.
Just our of curiosity, what was your next steps before the interview in Argentina? Was there anything new, or anything you had to do over? Congrats on the transfer, that's a relief I am sure.

Hmm.. I'm not sure if it'll be faster/easier to transfer to another country since Cubans will still need a visa to travel. Maybe to another country that they don't need a visa. When transferring it to Argentina it took about a week, maybe less, to get a response back that it was accepted and transferred to Buenos Aires. I did see another poster on the forum that has a fiance in Cuba which just got her updated letter stating Bogota received their petition, so it should be really soon that the rest get transferred too.

My next steps is basically getting all the paperwork together, Copy of the confirmation from the DS 160, his police records from Cuba & Argentina, his birth and single status certificate, his baja from the military service he did, the I-134 and all of my tax docs and then him getting his medical done. We have to send a copy of everything to the Embassy in Buenos Aires and then they'll send us an email with the interview date. Once he has his interview he'll have to take all the originals.

Nothing new and nothing we had to do over as he went to Argentina for work right after we filed. The plan was always for him to go back to Cuba to finish it but then everything happened and we decided it was best for him to stay in Argentina and finish it there.

K-1 Visa

03/20/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/21/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

03/24/17 - Check cashed
03/27/17 - NOA1 Text and Email. (Notice Date)
03/31/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
07/13/17- NOA2 Notice Date
07/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 

07/28/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
08/04/17 - Case Number Received by NVC Letter (Hard Copy)

09/29/17 - US Embassy in Havana no longer processing visa's

11/07/2017 - Transferred Case to Buenos Aires, Argentina

11/07/2017 - Received Packet 3 from BNS

12/04/17 - Medical

12/20/17 - Sent Packet 3 Docs back to Embassy

01/10/18 - Received Interview Date Email
01/22/17 - Interview

01/22/17 - Put into AP
xx/xx/17 - Visa Issued
xx/xx/17 - Visa in Hand =)
xx/xx/17 - Houston Bound

On 11/14/2017 at 12:56 PM, CubaAndChill said:

Hi,

how long did it take from the time it said that your case was being transferred to another embassy to the time you received a notice?

Edited by hernandez21

Timeline

"Bgt" was assigned to my case today in ceac and it says "ready"! Does anyone else have this? How long in between this update and the time we receive the instructions email? I called the colombia visa scheduling service today and they said I need to wait for the instruction email first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.