103 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Naji1789 said:

i doubt it does they receive mail and let it pile they say they start from mail first received 

When I would call, I would sometimes get that response.  Then I would see people getting case completes and interviews very quickly or sometimes slow. I would check their timelines and see that they had different visa types, certain countries (Canada really quick)and different service centers originally. I think there are a lot of variables.

I was told once by a NVC representative, when I requested a supervisor review, that they just put your name on a spreadsheet to show that it has been 6 weeks, then work down the spreadsheet.

Hi everyone. Scan date Dec/29. 

Called last night and was told my case was going to be sent to supervisor for 'supervisor review'.

I really do not believe country plays a large role on whether you get CC or not. Being in a country that has EP get CC faster, and yes usually Philippines do too. However, I did see a case from Dec who got approved within 5 weeks and he was from Pakistan. K1's also typically get approved much faster than CR-1/IR-1, but none of this is truly concrete. I've seen people from UK, Canada, and China, take long times to get approved, and I've also seen them get approved quickly; which is why I don't believe country always plays a role.

These days I do not see much of pattern on who gets CC and how fast, unlike 8 months ago.

I understand we all want to get back to our loved ones, let's stay positive, we're almost there. Hopefully we'll all get a CC soon.

Edited by Ahmed & Amy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Hi everyone. Scan date Dec/29. 

Called last night and was told my case was going to be sent to supervisor for 'supervisor review'.

I really do not believe country plays a large role on whether you get CC or not. Being in a country that has EP get CC faster, and yes usually Philippines do too. However, I did see a case from Dec who got approved within 5 weeks and he was from Pakistan. K1's also typically get approved much faster than CR-1/IR-1, but none of this is truly concrete. I've seen people from UK, Canada, and China, take long times to get approved, and I've also seen them get approved quickly; which is why I don't believe country always plays a role.

These days I do not see much of pattern on who gets CC and how fast, unlike 8 months ago.

I understand we all want to get back to our loved ones, let's stay positive, we're almost there. Hopefully we'll all get a CC soon.

thanks hopefully things start going smooth

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/02/12/snowy-storms-new-england-texas/97819702/

Just FYI, most likely NVC will be closed tomorrow due to another snow storm. Hoping that it doesn't extend to Tuesday. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/11/2017 at 1:24 AM, Naji1789 said:

so any news on your cousin because some people here are decmeber 13 and they got a CC please let share with ys so we know how they actually process these mails I'm on december 16 so a few days before you 

No not yet :( I saw that too but I think that person said they contacted their congressmen not sure if that made the difference. I think we are going to have a better idea this week. I know a couple with scan date December 5th that had a CC last week. I know they have started to work December cases. Stay strong !! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Zebracakex said:

No not yet :( I saw that too but I think that person said they contacted their congressmen not sure if that made the difference. I think we are going to have a better idea this week. I know a couple with scan date December 5th that had a CC last week. I know they have started to work December cases. Stay strong !! 

thanks hopefully you hear some good news this week 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

NVC documents official date : December 29th spoke to a rep two weeks ago she said 6 weeks is the deadline. No CC yet. 

Edited by mabeledith

Timeline
13 hours ago, mabeledith said:

NVC documents official date : December 29th spoke to a rep two weeks ago she said 6 weeks is the deadline. No CC yet. 

welcome to the club :)

13 hours ago, mabeledith said:

You and I have same scan date.

Spoke to NVC rep today to be sure that they put my case in 'supervisor review', as I had called last Friday, Feb-10, to check the status of my case; the rep then said - No CC and will request my case to be put on supervisor review, since it past 6 weeks. So today when I spoke to the rep, I wanted to confirm that this request was submitted. This rep told me yes, that he see's the request was made; but strange thing he said was that the request actually goes to the mail room and not a supervisor. He said that they check with the mail room 'to see where it's at and why it wasn't transferred to be reviewed'. The rep also mentioned that the long review times are due to them receiving so much mail at the end of the year. But that just makes me feel worse, thinking that our documents could still be in the mail room?!

I'm going to call tomorrow and just be sure what this rep I spoke to today was telling the truth or not.

But like you, no CC. Hopefully we'll all get CC soon. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

You and I have same scan date.

Spoke to NVC rep today to be sure that they put my case in 'supervisor review', as I had called last Friday, Feb-10, to check the status of my case; the rep then said - No CC and will request my case to be put on supervisor review, since it past 6 weeks. So today when I spoke to the rep, I wanted to confirm that this request was submitted. This rep told me yes, that he see's the request was made; but strange thing he said was that the request actually goes to the mail room and not a supervisor. He said that they check with the mail room 'to see where it's at and why it wasn't transferred to be reviewed'. The rep also mentioned that the long review times are due to them receiving so much mail at the end of the year. But that just makes me feel worse, thinking that our documents could still be in the mail room?!

I'm going to call tomorrow and just be sure what this rep I spoke to today was telling the truth or not.

But like you, no CC. Hopefully we'll all get CC soon. 

i was actually told the same that my mail for some reason still at mail room and not review department but they requested a supervisor review on the 27th of January. i called today and told them about my situation in malaysia and they told me to request and expedite.....

2 minutes ago, Naji1789 said:

i was actually told the same that my mail for some reason still at mail room and not review department but they requested a supervisor review on the 27th of January. i called today and told them about my situation in malaysia and they told me to request and expedite.....

Oh WOW!!!! 

Looks like I will most likely end up involving my senator, again. I had to involve him during the USCIS stage and if I reach 8 weeks on Feb 23rd, and no CC, than for me I have no choice but to send in a privacy release form to my senator. This is utter BS, I don't like getting negative, but I honestly don't understand how they got this far behind?! I was understanding because of the Christmas and New Year Holidays, I understand when bad weather happens... but there are too many days in between that is of no excuse not to get cases done and complete. I mean even if they received tons of mail, I get that too, but we've hit February, so we really should begin seeing cases move along by now. :huh:

Ya Rabb! I hope we don't end up getting check listed in the long run and have to wait some more. God Willing, all will fall into place and we'll get cc soon. I gotta keep giving myself a pep talk, otherwise I think I'll go crazy. :bonk:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Oh WOW!!!! 

Looks like I will most likely end up involving my senator, again. I had to involve him during the USCIS stage and if I reach 8 weeks on Feb 23rd, and no CC, than for me I have no choice but to send in a privacy release form to my senator. This is utter BS, I don't like getting negative, but I honestly don't understand how they got this far behind?! I was understanding because of the Christmas and New Year Holidays, I understand when bad weather happens... but there are too many days in between that is of no excuse not to get cases done and complete. I mean even if they received tons of mail, I get that too, but we've hit February, so we really should begin seeing cases move along by now. :huh:

Ya Rabb! I hope we don't end up getting check listed in the long run and have to wait some more. God Willing, all will fall into place and we'll get cc soon. I gotta keep giving myself a pep talk, otherwise I think I'll go crazy. :bonk:

:( check listed.... i don't even want to think about that... that would be super bad for me :( inshallah they hurry with the complete case ....this the worse wait after i thought long waits  was only USCIS stage

10 minutes ago, Naji1789 said:

:( check listed.... i don't even want to think about that... that would be super bad for me :( inshallah they hurry with the complete case ....this the worse wait after i thought long waits  was only USCIS stage

Yeah understand you akhi. We keep our head up, and keep making duaa. Insha'Allah khair. :) 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Cuba
Timeline

I also called NVC today. I thought my scan date was December 30th since that is the day they confirmed that received my AOS and IV packets but they told me that I submitted my DS-260 on January 4th (that is when the system allowed me to fill it out), and that they only review the petition once all required documents have been received. They said the 6 weeks count is starting on January 4th, just that this Friday it will make the 6 weeks. She said my case is not in review yet and that they are still within processing time. So, any ideas? I see you all have the same issue, waiting passed the 6 weeks. 

1 hour ago, liset said:

I also called NVC today. I thought my scan date was December 30th since that is the day they confirmed that received my AOS and IV packets but they told me that I submitted my DS-260 on January 4th (that is when the system allowed me to fill it out), and that they only review the petition once all required documents have been received. They said the 6 weeks count is starting on January 4th, just that this Friday it will make the 6 weeks. She said my case is not in review yet and that they are still within processing time. So, any ideas? I see you all have the same issue, waiting passed the 6 weeks. 

Yeah not much we can do at this point except wait and keep calling them often. On the NVC website they changed the review time to 8 weeks instead of 6 weeks. For myself, I'm going to give them until my 8 weeks is up, if no cc, I'm involving my state senator.  I'm just hitting 7 weeks, so we'll see.

Keep calling them and checking, make sure that you call and ask them to put your case on supervisor review now that today you hit 6 weeks. At least it's better than nothing at this point. Good luck and hopefully you'll get some good news soon. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.