5,920 posts in this topic

Ah all of these approvals are getting me so excited! I'm about a week behind all of them so i hope i hear something soon! It sounds sad but whats currently keeping my sanity in check is looking for furniture for our apartment (don't judge me :D) so I'm just going to continue with that and hopefully I don't pull my hair out with worrying! 

Congrats to everybody who has received their approvals! Keep us updated on your next steps! :)

Edited by Missabc

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

100 days tonight. Still waiting NOA2.

Feel bad but happy my boyfriend flew to meet me for the second time ;)

18 Feb- Sent from Thailand

21 Feb- Case was recieved

24 Feb- NOA1 by Email

03 Mar- NOA1 hard copy letter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone. We're Feb 10 rcv date and still waiting. I have many theories about USCIS processing procedures but I was just wondering if as part of the sorting procedure they batch people in country of origin? I'm part of a block of 15 numbers starting at 1790208867 which appears to have been untouched. Given that the checker is not being updated I was curious if any other UK beneficiaries are in this block and whether there had been any approvals? If I had hair Id be pulling it out at this point!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
7 hours ago, iamdegie said:

this is just horrible. do you think that maybe your profession (eg technology etc) could be adding an extra layer of checks that's why it is taking so long? or that maybe just being recently divorced? i dunno, just wondering why it's taking this long! i am starting to think that they do look at cases and maybe set aside the ones which need deeper analysis or further checks for "later". =(

I read in another forum that certain technological fields they look at closely such as robotics, chemists, engineers. My fiance is a chemist and our noa1 is feb 2.

7 hours ago, iamdegie said:

this is just horrible. do you think that maybe your profession (eg technology etc) could be adding an extra layer of checks that's why it is taking so long? or that maybe just being recently divorced? i dunno, just wondering why it's taking this long! i am starting to think that they do look at cases and maybe set aside the ones which need deeper analysis or further checks for "later". =(

I have considered that maybe there's something unusual about my case, however there really isn't anything I can think of other than a background check that's taking too long. I've had criminal background checks before and that's never been an issue. When I was working with the State of Florida a few years ago they even did a deep criminal background check because I had access to and would be analyzing Government data. It came back fine. The divorce should be fine as I scanned in the full decree that's signed by the judge and stamped as filed by the county clerk. Everything else about the case is vanilla. We have plenty of supporting evidence, etc.

I think they really do work out of order and it boils down to boxes and stacks on desks. I think I just ended up being the case in THAT box.

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

20 hours ago, SugarLai said:

hi,yes,we did. but after you submitted,it will tell you they will response by xxxx. it uses to be after the 2 weeks. We submitted on May 22,they responsed they will reply us by June 12. But I have a friend told me that was useless,but we just wanted to try everything we can.

can someone give some background on the expedite process please. did anyone here do it?

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Williamsnelson said:

can someone give some background on the expedite process please. did anyone here do it?

Hi. We have also requested to expedite the process as my fiancé works as US navy.. I don't have any idea if they've approved our request though..

Received date: Feb 17

Received NOA: March 1

Still patiently waiting for the NOA2.. 

47 minutes ago, BrianLondon said:

Hi everyone. We're Feb 10 rcv date and still waiting. I have many theories about USCIS processing procedures but I was just wondering if as part of the sorting procedure they batch people in country of origin? I'm part of a block of 15 numbers starting at 1790208867 which appears to have been untouched. Given that the checker is not being updated I was curious if any other UK beneficiaries are in this block and whether there had been any approvals? If I had hair Id be pulling it out at this point!

Hi there! We are Feb 10 received date as well. Our case # is around that group but we are Dominican Republic not U.K.  

02/08/17    I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX
02/10/17    i-129F Received Date

02/14/17    NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
02/15/17    NOA1 Text and E-mail. Case sent to CSC

02/15/17    Check deposited

02/22/17    NOA1 Hard Copy Received

36 minutes ago, twinee said:

I read in another forum that certain technological fields they look at closely such as robotics, chemists, engineers. My fiance is a chemist and our noa1 is feb 2.

The consistent patterns I have noticed are

1) They to seem to have us separated by month and day. The scans and VJ data support this because March is still waiting and we can see case touches moving from the start of the month to the end, roughly.

2) Periodically a group of people for one specific day gets stuck/untouched and seemingly skipped. NOA1 Feb 2nd seems to be one of those days.

Based on these two known patterns I think the most likely explanation is that whoever has the skipped day (at least a portion of the cases for this day) assigned to them is on vacation, slow, unorganized, etc. 

Feedback?

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, tevans2 said:

Hi there! We are Feb 10 received date as well. Our case # is around that group but we are Dominican Republic not U.K.  

Thanks. That rules out the guy dealing with the British cases being on vacation then. I half wish I'd made a deliberate obvious mistake on the filing to trigger an RFE at the first sift through. That way they would have dealt with it as soon as I'd responded and I'd have possibly had an approval now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, BrianLondon said:

Thanks. That rules out the guy dealing with the British cases being on vacation then. I half wish I'd made a deliberate obvious mistake on the filing to trigger an RFE at the first sift through. That way they would have dealt with it as soon as I'd responded and I'd have possibly had an approval now!

Do you think they're certain officers that deal with certain benificary countries? Like one group deals with UK ones, another with Germany, another with Poland, etc? Interesting.

6 minutes ago, BrianLondon said:

There's really no evidence to suggest there's a first sift through for RFEs. In fact, the data suggests that is not the case. What I have noticed is a first sift through for incorrect fees / forms and huge things like missing over half of the required documents. Other than that, RFEs and approvals process at the same speed, it seems. We still see December filers getting RFEs this month, for example.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Do you think they're certain officers that deal with certain benificary countries? Like one group deals with UK ones, another with Germany, another with Poland, etc? Interesting.

That was a theory I had but it's not supported by the Dominican filer in that group. I just thought it would make sense for someone who was familiar with a certain areas documentary formats and language to deal with all those cases. There will be a logical methodology in how they process the cases but because we can only our own piece of the puzzle then it's difficult to fathom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.