Derwood

I-751 February 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,898 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dourdodo said:

My lawyer recieved an interview notice yesterday, i asked him about the reason why based on his experience,( and hes a good lawyer). Today he emailed me back saying that he just had a chat with an immigration officer today, i guess at an interview or something, and was told that its a new requirements for all applicants or at least most who file any type of case concerning green cards will have to be interviwed. I guess thats why i recieved my interview notice yesterday, and thats why i and so many others when we check our case status on the other website it does mention that if you dont recieve the notice within a month contact us, that might confirm that lots of interview notices are in the mail. Am csc november fiker

A good lawyer must be used to to hear total bs and take it with a grain of salt. 

I heard kind of same thing when i went to get my stamp that all 751 are interviewed. I was like reaally? (thinking to myself how i see cases approved left and right on VJ. that was a few months ago.) 

I dont belive they have a capacity to interview all cases, unless proceeding time changes to 5 years. 

Meanwhile at December 2016 thread was a member who just like you recived a notice for interview super early down the road, it seemed like a random selection.  Its way before that all madness with statuses has started. They got approved. 

So i woudnt be quick to relate case status thing to your interview notice, so far its totally looks like a mass glitch. Good luck! 

Ok folks, the Immigration professor has a crazy theory, would it be that they are clearing up newer cases so that the local field offices can adjudicate the N400 and I 175 together? Therefore the earlier cases are made to wait further so that they could potentially interview them for N400& I 175  simultaneously? 

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

53 minutes ago, sind27 said:

HEY GUYS, GREEN CARD IN HAND...EXPIRES 2028!!!

Congrats!!! Hope you are going to celebrate big time!

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

2 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Ok folks, the Immigration professor has a crazy theory, would it be that they are clearing up newer cases so that the local field offices can adjudicate the N400 and I 175 together? Therefore the earlier cases are made to wait further so that they could potentially interview them for N400& I 175  simultaneously? 

And what would happen if they failed the citizenship test would they still get their 10 year card,?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

4 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

And what would happen if they failed the citizenship test would they still get their 10 year card,?

Professor resigns.:blink:.I have wondered the same. Sorry guys, just thinking out loud to try making sense of all this. Afterall its the waiting part of the unknown that gets us in the vortex.

Edited by CoffeeVegan

Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Two different benefit applications. The N400 does not impact the i-751 however you cannot pass N-400 without getting through the i-751.

1 minute ago, Haji delco said:

Two different benefit applications. The N400 does not impact the i-751 however you cannot pass N-400 without getting through the i-751.

Right. But I've heard of them being adjudicated together. That's what I've heard on VJ anyway.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

6 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Right. But I've heard of them being adjudicated together. That's what I've heard on VJ anyway.

Yepp, therefore makes it a faster processing on the USCIS side while simultaneously satisfying the interview as many applicants for ROC as possible. And now that they are both adjudicated in the local office, it must make their job easier correct? I have heard on here, applicants who had ROC not processed and the IO at N400 interview approve both on  the spot.

Edited by CoffeeVegan

Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Yes they are adjudicated together but you cannot get N400 without first a successful i751. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
17 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

I believe you have to be approved for the 10 year green card before the N-400 can be adjudicated.  So, you can fail the test and still get the green card.

AOS from F1

11/13/2014: Concurrent filing of forms I-130, I-485, and I-765 at Chicago Lockbox

11/18/2014: NOA 1

12/11/2014: Biometric Appointment

01/16/2015: NOA 2

02/27/2015: Employment Authorization Card Received

02/27/2015: Interview

03/09/2015: Green Card Received

So I have quick question:

Is it actually ok to submit N-400 with ROC pending? Lady that helps me to fill out forms (she is a notary) said that it’s a waste of money and I should wait for 10 year green card and only after I receive it submit N-400. But I see a lot of people are actually doing it here... will that cause any problems? And another thing. My extension and first GC expires in April. Can I apply now Since I’m Feb 2017 filer? Or wait till April?

thanks for replies guys 

27 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Professor resigns.:blink:.I have wondered the same. Sorry guys, just thinking out loud to try making sense of all this. Afterall its the waiting part of the unknown that gets us in the vortex.

You get a second attempt then they deny but you can file again straight away.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

31 minutes ago, Haji delco said:

Woooooooooop congratulations!!! 

Thank you so much!!!

27 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Congrats!!! Hope you are going to celebrate big time!

Thank you, yes we are going to a concert this saturday... 

6 minutes ago, Scazy said:

Hi! Thats awesome congrats!!!!! 

Can you please share whats your status say at case trackers if you usuing BOTH numbers? Just to shread a light to those whos waiting and now dealing withy all these status updates 

Extension letter # at first said case was transferred to local office on 2/26 and cri89 was still the same ..so on 2/28  case updated to appeal dismissed <extension letter #> and at same time cri89 was updated to card being produced. March 2 received another text saying card was mailed and same day I received the approval letter..

I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox: 09/03/2013

USPS Delivery Confirmation:09/05/2013

NOA1 hardcopy: 09/14/2013

Alien Registration Number: 09/24/2013

NOA2 email: 11/12/2013

NOA2 hardcopy: 04/14/14 ( I received it after 5 months, because i went to my congress and they get it for me)

TSC ships to NVC: 12/13/2013

NVC rec'd: 12/23/2013

NVC left: 12/30/2013

Consulate Received: 01/3/2014

Packet 4 Received: 03/24/2014 (E-mail)

Interview DATE: 04/23/2014

Interview Result: APPROVED :dancing: :rofl:

Visa in Hand: 05/02/2014

POE: JFK 05/02/2014

Wedding: 05/30/2014

Sent AOS (I485, I765, I131) : 07/19/2014

Received Text and Email with Case number: 07/25/2014

NOA I485, I765, I131 Hardcopy: 7/28/2014

Biometric R'cvd: 8/06/2014

Biometric Appt.: 8/19/2014

Interview Waiver letter R'cvd: 1/03/2015

WELCOME LETTER R'cvd: 06/09/2015

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 06/15/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.