NYCGUY226

October 2016 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

76 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2017 at 7:57 PM, j-zealous said:

Hello Journeyers I'm happy to tell you that my mother's case was complete at the NVC on the 5/31 and today I got the interview email for July 24

Priority date: 04 October 2016

Approval: February 24, 2017

You are very lucky... I am still waiting after 189 days 

On 4/26/2017 at 2:56 PM, NYCGUY226 said:

FINALLY!!!!!!  MY PARENTS PETITIONS HAVE BEEN APPROVED!!!! :):):)  Wow it took 6 months and 2 weeks but they FINALLY approved them.  They approved them this Monday April 24th.  our priority date was Oct 13, 2016.  Now the NVC wait begins for us but finally I'm seeing progress. 

RRR2016 you should be getting the same good news really soon if you haven't already! I wish everyone in this board the fast approvals so you can all have your family members close to you here.

Congrats .. i am still waiting. It's 6 months and 9 days today. Hopefully the waiting will come to an end soon..

• 2 weeks later...

RFE for W-2's last night, called NVC and was told to bring it to interview. Still waiting for appointment.

85X1m8.png
USCIS (78 Days)
11/06/2012- Filed I-130 through Congressman
11/08/2012- USCIS Received date/ Priority date
11/14/2012- NOA1 Hardcopy sent
01/25/2013- NOA 2: APPROVED Letter sent(on-line verified)

02/01/2013- Hard copy NOA2 received@1406 hrs

NVC (30 Days)
02/04/2013- NVC Received
02/21/2013- NVC Case Number (MNL2013-xx-xxxx)
02/21/2013- Sent DS-3032 emailed
02/25/2013- Received/Paid I-864 Bill
02/26/2013- I-864 Showing
PAID
02/28/2013-Return Completed I-864 and DS-230
03/01/2013- Confirmation of Completed DS-3032
03/01/2013-Received IV Bill

03/06/2013-IV BILL Paid correctly
03/06/2013-CASE COMPLETED AT NVC
03/07/2013-IV BILL SHOWING PAID!
03/12/2013 Completed case sent to US Embassy Manila

Embassy (28 Days)

03/14/2013-Embassy Received
03/19/2013-Medical Completed
04/03/2013-Interview & Result, PASSED!
04/04/2012-CFO
04/10/2013-Visa Issued
04/11/2013-VIsa/Passport picked up@MOA/CFO Sticker/Flight
04/11/2013-POE-Hawaii and HOME!

04/30/2013- Green Card arrived

05/05/2013-State ID issued

4/18/2016 N-400 mailed

Filed: IR-5 Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 6/6/2017 at 0:53 PM, RRR2016 said:

Hi NYCGUY,

Have you been able to move forward with your case?

We were able to pay the fees (AOS and IV Fee) on June 2nd and it still shows up as IN PROCESS.

Hi RRR2016,

Yes I have paid the AOS fee and have been emailing the NVC constantly pleading with them because of our family situation and I think god blessed us because they sent me an email notice two weeks ago that my parents' interview is set for July 6th.  I can't believe it...i'm so happy.  I still can't pay the IV fee but nor did I send in my AOS package because they instructed me to have my parents pay the IV fee in person at the consulate and also to bring in the AOS package with them to the interview.  Also, they already went to have their medical exams done...super expensive $600 a piece.

How is your case moving along?  Since you already paid all of the fees you must have already sent in the AOS and IV packages correct?  This means you are really close to getting an interview notice from NVC really soon.   This has been such a long process.  We are now anxious for the interview 

Timeline
On 6/8/2017 at 10:22 AM, Dassie said:

Congrats .. i am still waiting. It's 6 months and 9 days today. Hopefully the waiting will come to an end soon..

Hi Dassie,

I know exactly how you feel but you will get the NOA in the next few days even though it feels like an eternity but it will come very soon.  Hang in there

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, NYCGUY226 said:

Hi RRR2016,

Yes I have paid the AOS fee and have been emailing the NVC constantly pleading with them because of our family situation and I think god blessed us because they sent me an email notice two weeks ago that my parents' interview is set for July 6th.  I can't believe it...i'm so happy.  I still can't pay the IV fee but nor did I send in my AOS package because they instructed me to have my parents pay the IV fee in person at the consulate and also to bring in the AOS package with them to the interview.  Also, they already went to have their medical exams done...super expensive $600 a piece.

How is your case moving along?  Since you already paid all of the fees you must have already sent in the AOS and IV packages correct?  This means you are really close to getting an interview notice from NVC really soon.   This has been such a long process.  We are now anxious for the interview 

Hi NYCGUY,

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. Your parents will be with you very soon!!.

Regarding the medical exam, unfortunately yes, it is expensive and also depends on the amount of vaccines the clinic Doctor considers necessary. I must have paid $325 USD for mine last year.

Indeed, we send our AOS and IV packages on June 16. The lawyer kept asking for more and more documents. Finally on the 16th he asked for my W-2's, because I only sent my husband's (the petitioner). He said because I also declared income in our 2014 and 2016 taxes we also had to send my W-2's. And from there he said everything was complete. So now we are waiting to hear back from NVC and hopefully they'll send our case to the Embassy in the near future.

Unfortunately our Embassy always has a very heavy work load and the wait times are lengthy. At the Embassy in Cd. Juarez they process thousands of visas per day and have been told it is the largest in the world. Our lawyer gave us an estimate of 2-4 months. So we are thinking some where between September and November. But we are very happy the process is moving along.

Good luck to your parents at the interview. Make sure they bring along all their documents and answer all the questions the officer asks them, without being nervous. They will be just fine and have their visas very soon.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My Mom's IR5 visa interview will be on the 24th of next month, July. NVC received my financial documents on March 20, and case completed on May 31. On June 2 I received the interview date via my email. I am wishing you all the very best! Hold on your waiting will come to an end

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 minutes ago, j-zealous said:

My Mom's IR5 visa interview will be on the 24th of next month, July. NVC received my financial documents on March 20, and case completed on May 31. On June 2 I received the interview date via my email. I am wishing you all the very best! Hold on your waiting will come to an end

Congratulations!!!! Best of luck during the rest of the process!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/23/2017 at 8:50 AM, RRR2016 said:

Hi NYCGUY,

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. Your parents will be with you very soon!!.

Regarding the medical exam, unfortunately yes, it is expensive and also depends on the amount of vaccines the clinic Doctor considers necessary. I must have paid $325 USD for mine last year.

Indeed, we send our AOS and IV packages on June 16. The lawyer kept asking for more and more documents. Finally on the 16th he asked for my W-2's, because I only sent my husband's (the petitioner). He said because I also declared income in our 2014 and 2016 taxes we also had to send my W-2's. And from there he said everything was complete. So now we are waiting to hear back from NVC and hopefully they'll send our case to the Embassy in the near future.

Unfortunately our Embassy always has a very heavy work load and the wait times are lengthy. At the Embassy in Cd. Juarez they process thousands of visas per day and have been told it is the largest in the world. Our lawyer gave us an estimate of 2-4 months. So we are thinking some where between September and November. But we are very happy the process is moving along.

Good luck to your parents at the interview. Make sure they bring along all their documents and answer all the questions the officer asks them, without being nervous. They will be just fine and have their visas very soon.

Keep us posted on your progress!

HURRRAAAYYY!!!! My parents got their Visas approved yesterday at their interview.... :):):) !!!!  Finally they will be here living with me within a couple of weeks.  I'm sooooo happy.  I can't believe everything went so quickly NVC and the consulate... it made up for the over 7 months of waiting at USCIS while everyone else' were getting their NOAs so quickly.  I thought I had the worse luck but then things turned out good.  RRR2016 everything will turn out good for your relatives as well just be patient and keep calling them to push your case along...definitely do not rely on your attorney for that.  

Timeline
On 7/7/2017 at 4:04 PM, terrificlady said:

Congratulations! NYCGUY226 on you parents getting their visas.  What questions were they asked at the Consulate?

Hi there,

To be honest I didn't even asked them because I was so excited.  There are not really any questions when it comes to parents unless something weird showed up in their background check.  They just reviewed the documents, asked them if they brought their passports and told them what window to go pay the visa fees and then said their visas were approved and handed them the white paper saying that they were approved.

Timeline

My Parents received their Visas today!!!! we have them in hand and just purchased their flight tickets!!!!!! wow I can't believe this process is complete!!! it only took 10 months exactly (I filed their petitions on October 13, and they got their visas today July 13th) but it felt like such a long time!! 

I wanted to share good news with all of you and wish every single one of you a quick visa approval for your loved ones.  May god bless you all.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 7/13/2017 at 7:30 PM, NYCGUY226 said:

My Parents received their Visas today!!!! we have them in hand and just purchased their flight tickets!!!!!! wow I can't believe this process is complete!!! it only took 10 months exactly (I filed their petitions on October 13, and they got their visas today July 13th) but it felt like such a long time!! 

I wanted to share good news with all of you and wish every single one of you a quick visa approval for your loved ones.  May god bless you all.

Congrats to your parents. I wish the all the very best in their next evolution. Do you mind sharing some of them of the questions from the interview?

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, just wanna let you know that my parents case are finally completed after all those horrible months of waiting due to checklists.  Now waiting for an email/mail to schedule for an interview.  My Parents priority date: 09/16/16 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.