dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2017

773 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So I called the NVC just to make sure about the AOS. They told me that it is not required, but it is recommended that you have an updated copy of the AOS, in case the embassy asks for it. To my understanding, it means that I can fill out a new one and send it over to my husband. I am understanding it correctly? 

54 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

I read your review - congratulations!!!

The interview letter (P4) typically takes 1-3 business days.

Thanks!  That helps a lot.

Original Scan Date: Oct 3, 2016

Checklist: Nov 25, 2016

2nd Scan date: Dec 19, 2016

Supervisor Review : Jan 24, 2017

CC (phone call): Jan 27, 2017

CC e-mail : Feb 3, 2017

Interview: March 13, 2017 @ 10:30 AM

Interview E-mail: February 6, 2017

Visa Packet Received: March 17, 2017

Entry to US: March 21, 2017

5 minutes ago, fatima_g said:

How long did it take for you to get your passport back after the interview?

Hey Fatima,

Did you register your appointment already?  My husband just made his medical appointment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, fatima_g said:

How long did it take for you to get your passport back after the interview?

You must to  bring to the interview all documents as possible you can because the consular officer can ask you for any document.  As you did not make a copy of your AOS then bring a new one to the interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jeniafrench said:

Just got my interview date: March 14 :)

How soon will i get the email? And how soon do they usually physically send the documents to Singapore?

Thanks!

Congrats!!!  Email probably 1-3 days.  Not sure about when they physically send documents, but the status on NVC website should say "In Transit"

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Timeline
1 minute ago, FranLei said:

You must to  bring to the interview all documents as possible you can because the consular officer can ask you for any document.  As you did not make a copy of your AOS then bring a new one to the interview

Agree....this can include copy of the I-864 or a similar AOS form, most recent W2s, recent payslips, updated employee verification letter etc

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, carlamariec said:

Mine is on march 2. :) goodluck! When are you planning to have your medical? I'll be doing it this Feb13-14. 

Still waiting for the P4 letter from NVC. I only have the email letter not the actual letter. After I receive it, then I can go anytime. I have pre-registered online. You should too at St. Lukes website to save time filling up the information at the facility. You will get pre-registration confimation by email within 24 hours after registration. print two copies of the confirmation and also bring original & a copy of the NVC interview letter.

Goodluck to us!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Agnes-IR5 said:

Still waiting for the P4 letter from NVC. I only have the email letter not the actual letter. After I receive it, then I can go anytime. I have pre-registered online. You should too at St. Lukes website to save time filling up the information at the facility. You will get pre-registration confimation by email within 24 hours after registration. print two copies of the confirmation and also bring original & a copy of the NVC interview letter.

Goodluck to us!

I am not sure they will send you a physical letter in the mail.  I think you have to print out the PDF in the email and take that. 

Edited by Duncan21

44 minutes ago, faviles said:

Hey Fatima,

Did you register your appointment already?  My husband just made his medical appointment.

Hi, I actually just got off the phone with the embassy. The NVC website instructs you to go to their cgi to schedule the appointment there but the customer service rep told me that we are not required to register. I haven't received the confirmation email from the nvc about the appointment so I was waiting for that, in case the medical appointment required me to give some sort of number or info that was only on that confirmation email. Did you ask any questions?

6 minutes ago, fatima_g said:

Hi, I actually just got off the phone with the embassy. The NVC website instructs you to go to their cgi to schedule the appointment there but the customer service rep told me that we are not required to register. I haven't received the confirmation email from the nvc about the appointment so I was waiting for that, in case the medical appointment required me to give some sort of number or info that was only on that confirmation email. Did you ask any questions?

So When I called the NVC they just gave me my appointment date but when I downloaded the pre-interview checklist it said we had to register with the VIC (Visa Information Center). I started to do that but I decided to wait until I get the interview letter since I have not gotten it either.  I have not called the embassy yet as I was just trying to figure out this whole medical appointment thing.  I want to travel with my husband since his in the states but I had to figure out the timing before I can get a clearance from my job.  Since his is a one way ticket to El Salvador we have to time it out so we  get everything he needs.  I will keep you posted once I get my interview letter. -_-

40 minutes ago, faviles said:

So When I called the NVC they just gave me my appointment date but when I downloaded the pre-interview checklist it said we had to register with the VIC (Visa Information Center). I started to do that but I decided to wait until I get the interview letter since I have not gotten it either.  I have not called the embassy yet as I was just trying to figure out this whole medical appointment thing.  I want to travel with my husband since his in the states but I had to figure out the timing before I can get a clearance from my job.  Since his is a one way ticket to El Salvador we have to time it out so we  get everything he needs.  I will keep you posted once I get my interview letter. -_-

I went to that website but our country wasn't even on the list so I didn't do anything with that, I call the embassy and that's what I was told. I'll let you know if I find out about anything else

Hey everyone ✌️

hope all is doing great!! I am so happy my hubby interview date is finally here for Abu Dhabi ??. Had issue with NVC but all got solved!! THANK YOU ALLAH (god). 

Edited by Haleemahisham

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Mattian said:

CC 27 Jan 17. Just called NVC but no interview date - according to them, they are waiting for Singapore embassy. Hmmm for a small country, they sure take their own time. I am beyond anxious for this to be over with ?.  Hoping for good news soon!

You would probably get your date soon so happen your were CC on CNY so I would assume that was the cause of delay. I got CC Oct. 17 but received date for interview after 2 weeks. Normal timeline is 30-60 days from CC for the interview date, so I got Dec 27. They only do Tue and Wed Interview so I believe that's why the interval is 2 months. Hope you get your schedule soon.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.