AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

TSC is dead this week & last week... last approval for Jan filer from VJ was on 06/27

its been 15 days

:whistle:

So maybe I didn't realize it would happen so quickly, but my DS-261 (choice of agent) was available today (case number received yesterday). I just logged into the Invoice Payment Center to check it out and the DS-261 was available to complete! I thought we had to wait for notification or for at least a week. 

So make sure you guys check once you receive your case number!

1 minute ago, AnIJrny said:

So maybe I didn't realize it would happen so quickly, but my DS-261 (choice of agent) was available today (case number received yesterday). I just logged into the Invoice Payment Center to check it out and the DS-261 was available to complete! I thought we had to wait for notification or for at least a week. 

Yes! Usually it's available after a few hours of receiving the case number and IIN :) now time to keep checking for when your affidavit of support becomes available to pay :D congrats and welcome to the ceac stage ! 

11 minutes ago, larnar1309 said:

Yes! Usually it's available after a few hours of receiving the case number and IIN :) now time to keep checking for when your affidavit of support becomes available to pay :D congrats and welcome to the ceac stage ! 

OK!! thanks!! Looks like i'll be checking very frequently!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Got a weird text/email update on Monday, stating that my name update was being processed. Google told me that that usually means an approval is on its way (or that, at the very least, a set of eyeballs is on your file.)

Welp, WE GOT OUR APPROVAL TODAY!!! So so so SOOOO happy! Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting. Xoxoxo

1 hour ago, TeamShagonna said:

Got a weird text/email update on Monday, stating that my name update was being processed. Google told me that that usually means an approval is on its way (or that, at the very least, a set of eyeballs is on your file.)

Welp, WE GOT OUR APPROVAL TODAY!!! So so so SOOOO happy! Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting. Xoxoxo

congrats 

4 hours ago, AnIJrny said:

And the saga continues! Nice 😊

5 hours ago, TeamShagonna said:

Congratulations!! 

Literally just off the phone to NVC - around this time is absolutely the perfect time to call them! I got straight through, not a single bar of the hold music was played! 

Anyway, case number and invoice number received and emails provided! Wooohoo! It took exactly two weeks from NVC recieving my stuff to assign me a number! 

P.s according to my case number it was actually generated yesterday. So it was one day shy of two weeks. 

Edited by LaurenAndBrent

7 minutes ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Literally just off the phone to NVC - around this time is absolutely the perfect time to call them! I got straight through, not a single bar of the hold music was played! 

Anyway, case number and invoice number received and emails provided! Wooohoo! It took exactly two weeks from NVC recieving my stuff to assign me a number! 

yaaaayy! 🤗🤗🤗

Congrats everyone :D 

this part of the process seems much more speedy. Always calls to make and things being approved and sent! 

Ive taken to reading the NVC wiki page and the how not to get a checklist page like it's my bible hahaha 

9 hours ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

P.s according to my case number it was actually generated yesterday. So it was one day shy of two weeks. 

Yayy!! congrats

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, AnIJrny said:

Yayy!! congrats

Hello my friends, I also received the case no. and invoice no. by calling the NVC tonight.

I tried to log in and fill up the DS-261 form which I received this message:

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error.

Any Idea what to do? Waiting time for the call was 35 mins :( Should I call again?

Called NVC today, and got my case number and invoice number. My case was sent to DOS on the 29th of June. Not sure when they received it. 

3 hours ago, MO&RA said:

Hello my friends, I also received the case no. and invoice no. by calling the NVC tonight.

I tried to log in and fill up the DS-261 form which I received this message:

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error.

Any Idea what to do? Waiting time for the call was 35 mins :( Should I call again?

just try it today, it'll be just fine. No worries at least you have both just means they have to activate for you to enter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.