AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Ahhhh! Lil update - I had a  VERY last minute tonsillectomy on Wednesday... that's kinda irrelevant but basically im now recovering at home and have been checking the ceac website a few times every day. My husband phoned NVC on Monday which was our 6 week since scan date and they said to check back within a week or two as it was in the review department... When I was in hospital I read a silly horoscope and it said "you will receive interesting news by letter or email on Friday"... Ok so usually im not a believer in all that stuff but it made me smile. Well, guess FRICKIN what! Case complete as of today! No official update yet but the case status has turned to "At NVC" and our AOS section has disappeared. Sooooo excited! Making the pain of recovery so much more bearable right now :D happy weekend everyone! 

whooohooooooo yaaayyyy! congratulations to you both! so happy for you💃💃💃💃💃. Well happy recovery as well.  I did read on one of the other treads that it takes six weeks now for review😊

Edited by Yeonin

3 minutes ago, Yeonin said:

whooohooooooo yaaayyyy! congratulations to you both! so happy for you💃💃💃💃💃. Well happy recovery as well.  I did read on one of the other treads that it takes six weeks now for review😊

Thank you! 

As far as I know they're still suggesting 11 weeks over the phone but I noticed from trends on here that it was more like 6-8 weeks currently so long as there were no problems. It flies by, you guys will be at that point in no time! 

50 minutes ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Ahhhh! Lil update - I had a  VERY last minute tonsillectomy on Wednesday... that's kinda irrelevant but basically im now recovering at home and have been checking the ceac website a few times every day. My husband phoned NVC on Monday which was our 6 week since scan date and they said to check back within a week or two as it was in the review department... When I was in hospital I read a silly horoscope and it said "you will receive interesting news by letter or email on Friday"... Ok so usually im not a believer in all that stuff but it made me smile. Well, guess FRICKIN what! Case complete as of today! No official update yet but the case status has turned to "At NVC" and our AOS section has disappeared. Sooooo excited! Making the pain of recovery so much more bearable right now :D happy weekend everyone! 

Ahhhh congrats!!! 😁😁😁😁 bet you are buzzing off the walls!! What a wonderful way to get over illness haha. Hope it's a fast path to interview for you now! 

1 hour ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

:jest::jest::jest:

4 hours ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Congrats :jest::jest: 

4 hours ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

OMG! My heart is so happy for you guys!! :energy:

An update, the 2 things wrong with my IV Package were:

1.I had a local Police Clearance and not the NBI Version.

My husband's National Police Clearance: which took 14 days to finish processing due to a "hit" on his name. They had to process it to make sure that other person with the record was not him. So he will travel to Manila on Sunday and hopefully pick it up on Monday. So I will finally have it to send into the NVC

2 My Affidavit of Support:

I have a joint sponsor

Capture.JPG.6f7faea6992194a20079f9956a938d1f.JPG

I didn't see that part about the sponsor and the joint sponsor must each complete the FORM! *Face Palm* So I have filled one out...but I didn't do my taxes yet for 2016 so that's another problem.

As far as my taxes go:

I didn't know about the NRA spouse + Filing Separately option. So, when I tried to file my taxes before the deadline in April, it wasn't accepted via E-file since my husband doesn't have an SSN. So I then ran into the problem that I had tried to file Married, filing jointly. I got frustrated and gave up. I didn't make much money last year at all due to training for a new job and then getting going in it as a Independent Contractor. So I made less than $5,000. Still, the person helping me try to file my taxes didn't realize the issue with my husband being abroad and not having an SSN yet. So now I have to try and figure out what to do since I didn't file an extension. (I got so frustrated!) Getting him an ITIN was out of the question, since I can't get a certified copy of his passport. 

Do I just file my taxes late and of course pay the penalties? (NRA spouse + Filing Separately)

I don't think I can just file my AOS without filing my taxes first. Even if I explain what the issue was....right?

Any advice is appreciated!

8 hours ago, K3lZ33 said:

An update, the 2 things wrong with my IV Package were:

1.I had a local Police Clearance and not the NBI Version.

My husband's National Police Clearance: which took 14 days to finish processing due to a "hit" on his name. They had to process it to make sure that other person with the record was not him. So he will travel to Manila on Sunday and hopefully pick it up on Monday. So I will finally have it to send into the NVC

2 My Affidavit of Support:

I have a joint sponsor

Capture.JPG.6f7faea6992194a20079f9956a938d1f.JPG

I didn't see that part about the sponsor and the joint sponsor must each complete the FORM! *Face Palm* So I have filled one out...but I didn't do my taxes yet for 2016 so that's another problem.

As far as my taxes go:

I didn't know about the NRA spouse + Filing Separately option. So, when I tried to file my taxes before the deadline in April, it wasn't accepted via E-file since my husband doesn't have an SSN. So I then ran into the problem that I had tried to file Married, filing jointly. I got frustrated and gave up. I didn't make much money last year at all due to training for a new job and then getting going in it as a Independent Contractor. So I made less than $5,000. Still, the person helping me try to file my taxes didn't realize the issue with my husband being abroad and not having an SSN yet. So now I have to try and figure out what to do since I didn't file an extension. (I got so frustrated!) Getting him an ITIN was out of the question, since I can't get a certified copy of his passport. 

Do I just file my taxes late and of course pay the penalties? (NRA spouse + Filing Separately)

I don't think I can just file my AOS without filing my taxes first. Even if I explain what the issue was....right?

Any advice is appreciated!

You would want to file your taxes, just to comply with the requirements of filing your AOS. The thing is you only explain when your legally  exempt from filing taxes, even then you'll have to proof you were, this is what I've come to learn from our tax lawyer. use this link to determine if you have to file https://www.irs.gov/help/ita/do-i-need-to-file-a-tax-return . 

On 9/15/2017 at 1:56 PM, LaurenAndBrent said:

Omg!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 9/15/2017 at 6:56 PM, LaurenAndBrent said:

Big congrats!! :) Gives us all a wee bit of hope.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just needing to vent. Waiting since January 23rd at Nebraska service centre...it is taking forever. I'm really trying to stay positive and patient but it's difficult. Anybody else at Nebraska? Should I inquire as to why it's taking longer or there is no point?

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jessie Adam said:

Just needing to vent. Waiting since January 23rd at Nebraska service centre...it is taking forever. I'm really trying to stay positive and patient but it's difficult. Anybody else at Nebraska? Should I inquire as to why it's taking longer or there is no point?

Everyone who is still waiting are from nebraska centre. Other centre already on march or july already..only thing i see on the uscis app someone got approved on december 17..so im guessing they are moving to january 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hey guys, 

Quick question for those at the NVC stage, with your IV and AOS packages sent:

Once you have a scan date, does it show on your ceac.state.gov?

Our package(s) was/were sent about 10 days ago and we almost immediately (this past Tuesday) received an email stating that the AOS documents were missing... After doing some research on this forum, I realized that it wasn't uncommon, even though the said documents had been shipped. 

Our lawyers... *sigh*...  keep giving us very generic responses and it's driving me a bit nuts. I try not to be whining and complaining but the lack of a straight, forward answer is getting incredibly frustrating.

They said that they have (re)submitted the documents electronically. Alright, but if the original ones were missing, isn't this going to be a problem since NVC needs originals with actual signatures on them? I fear a checklist coming in several weeks (I'm probably overthinking the whole thing) that would/will make crazy angry if it ever happens.

Just checked ceac.state.gov and it says we must submit documents. I do not know if we have a scan date and i'm torn at the idea of by-passing the lawyers and calling NVC.

Asking for a friend...

3 hours ago, Pat&Vince said:

Hey guys, 

Quick question for those at the NVC stage, with your IV and AOS packages sent:

Once you have a scan date, does it show on your ceac.state.gov?

Our package(s) was/were sent about 10 days ago and we almost immediately (this past Tuesday) received an email stating that the AOS documents were missing... After doing some research on this forum, I realized that it wasn't uncommon, even though the said documents had been shipped. 

Our lawyers... *sigh*...  keep giving us very generic responses and it's driving me a bit nuts. I try not to be whining and complaining but the lack of a straight, forward answer is getting incredibly frustrating.

They said that they have (re)submitted the documents electronically. Alright, but if the original ones were missing, isn't this going to be a problem since NVC needs originals with actual signatures on them? I fear a checklist coming in several weeks (I'm probably overthinking the whole thing) that would/will make crazy angry if it ever happens.

Just checked ceac.state.gov and it says we must submit documents. I do not know if we have a scan date and i'm torn at the idea of by-passing the lawyers and calling NVC.

Asking for a friend...

I think the status changes once your case is picked up for review, but I could be wrong. You can call for the scandate. we submitted the 5th, delivered the 7th and on that next Monday we called and were given the 11th as scandate ( we called in the evening)

or your lawyer should call...and know to call...my lord why don't they just do what they're paid for....

Edited by Yeonin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.