11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

We have received an email from the embassy to schedule for an interview. We are also required to bring relevant documents. One of it is the court decree to show that I am the sole custody of my daughter.

We have the court decree indicates that I am the custodian of my daughter and my ex husband is given the right to visit without overnight.

Question is, would that be suffice enough for the embassy to accept?

Thanks in advance. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do you have permission from the Father?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/90-asia-east-and-pacific/

I would ask the question in your regional forum above for better response.

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

You may need consent from the father. And this something you should find out asap. Not only that but if the father is willing. We have seen cases here on VJ where the other parent did not give permission and the child either had to be left behind or the beneficiary had to postpone/cancel their immigration.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

Hi all,

Thanks for advise. But unfortunately the father is nowhere to be found. He never attended the court case until the court decided to give such order. 

I will double check on this again. 

Thanks a lot guys.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I had my interview in frankfurt Germany. I was asked of proof of custody . I gave them the court decision that grants me full custody of my child.  And the consular officer said '' PERFECT ". My question is why would you need permission from your kids father when you have full custody? Except you have joint custody. ??. And also my kids father was no way to be found, he was never in court when the decision was mad. So don't worry . It's all about you.

Edited by Blondie26

Timeline

Hi blondie,

The court decree that i obtained only stated that i am the custodian for my daughter. There is no specific "sole custodian" mentioned in there.

That kinda make me a lil worried. :)

However, it also didnt mentioned that my ex get the joint custody. Only visitation right. He in fact never attended any trial.

Anyway, have seek clarification from other legal person and the sentence is define as i have full custody of my daughter. Yes. Now i feel relief.

:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
40 minutes ago, mo2u1975 said:

Hi blondie,

The court decree that i obtained only stated that i am the custodian for my daughter. There is no specific "sole custodian" mentioned in there.

That kinda make me a lil worried. :)

However, it also didnt mentioned that my ex get the joint custody. Only visitation right. He in fact never attended any trial.

Anyway, have seek clarification from other legal person and the sentence is define as i have full custody of my daughter. Yes. Now i feel relief.

:)

Yasss. Go girl. You will be fine.  I was mentally tormented when I feel like I take care of my child alone,no father figure or any support and yet he has to be a part of the decision. But I went to a lawyer and the rest was history. A piece of cake. He didn't even show up. Lollll????? best feeling ever. Good luck dear. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.