emga

ALL F3 PART 2..

1,807 posts in this topic

Hi All,
My family and I had a F31 visa interview on 12th Dec 2018 and on 17th Dec Islamabad embassy emailed me asking me to fill up an additional questionnaire (also called DS 5535).Since then, there has been some updates  but still specifically my id says administrative processing while everyone else's says ready.My mom is the primary applicant. Additionnally, I have a valid F2 visa as I go to college in USA and my semester has already started.Do you think its wise to email embassy and get my passport back so I can travel while the administrative processing takes place or should I wait till the F31 approval? Would it hurt my F31 case?Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I would like to inform you that my nephew and his family ( including his daughter who was on CSPA) with PD 30 June 2006 , F3 Category from Guyana has arrived in the US safely, everything went very smoothly. They are waiting for Social Security Card.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 1/26/2019 at 1:44 AM, addi2007 said:

good day I   receive welcome letter   category f3

hello addi2007, I saw your earlier post where you mentioned your priority date March 2007 for F3 category. Did you receive welcome letter by email? Our priority is 2nd week of February 2007 for F3 category and still waiting for the letter.

Category F3

PD 12 Feb 2007

All Chargeability Areas

Current F3 priority date is 2.5 years before yours, but it gets longer every year because of the increased number of applicants vs fixed number of visas that can be issued annually

i was originally priority date Dec 2008 for F3, when we got approved it looked like it would be a 10 year wait at that point (in other words at that stage people were being issued F3 from 10 years’ prior PDs.)  so my calc is it takes roughly a year and a third for every “year” in PDs, if you see what I mean

But it’s all just an educated guess of course

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
13 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Current F3 priority date is 2.5 years before yours, but it gets longer every year because of the increased number of applicants vs fixed number of visas that can be issued annually

i was originally priority date Dec 2008 for F3, when we got approved it looked like it would be a 10 year wait at that point (in other words at that stage people were being issued F3 from 10 years’ prior PDs.)  so my calc is it takes roughly a year and a third for every “year” in PDs, if you see what I mean

It takes roughly 12 years and 6 months from your Priority Date to Interview Date.

1 hour ago, gowrie77 said:

It takes roughly 12 years and 6 months from your Priority Date to Interview Date.

It’s not constant over time, that’s my point. 

Maybe you’ll understand better with actual examples. look: here’s the visa bulletin for Dec 2008. The “current” priority date for F3 at that stage was July 2000.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2009/visa-bulletin-for-december-2008.html

At that stage you would no doubt have said “It takes roughly 8 years and 6 months from your Priority Date to Interview Date”, but that would only have been true for people already about to interview at that stage. It would not have had predictive power looking ahead, obviously it would have been way too optimistic. 

The reason is gets longer over time is because the number of people petitioned for grows every year, but there is a fixed annual number of visas issued. So more people end up in the waiting line every year too.

Edited by SusieQQQ

From a previous post 

there are 690k people in the queue for F3 visas. They issue 23.4k a year.

(at the end of FY2009, the year of LeanneT’s PD,  there were 553k people in the queue for F3.)

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/694181-waiting-lists-for-immigrant-visas/

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/28/2019 at 9:54 PM, SusieQQQ said:

That would be based on the first chart..final action date..so on the second chart when do you think they would be working on ours?? 

Leanne 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.