emga

ALL F3 PART 2..

1,807 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, gowrie2006 said:

Hi Hasania,

Any update on your case?

Yes I have update. The WL was received about a week now.  I have processed the payment and now working on DS260 and supporting Docs. The case is stated as online.  Not sure what difference that makes,  other than the ability to upload the docs. 

19 minutes ago, Hasania said:

Yes I have update. The WL was received about a week now.  I have processed the payment and now working on DS260 and supporting Docs. The case is stated as online.  Not sure what difference that makes,  other than the ability to upload the docs. 

Wow, that's great news. I am so happy for you. I heard that now all docs have to be uploaded online.

Thank you for letting us know.

Confused about CSPA>..

Hello

l am really confused about Child Protection Act.. I know about if you are above 21 you ll not be eligible...But there is info about it on Immeditate relative and my case is i am grand child and my grandfather who is us citizen has petitioned a file for my mom and family (that is me and mom and dad).

my grandfather (us citizen) filed petition for his daughter(my mom (dad and me)) on April 1996  and we got approval notice on October 2018

my date of birth is 2 January 1991 . Right now i am 27. But if i calculate my age i will be around 22 i guess. ls CSPA applies only on first preference that is son of petitioner only , or it applies on 2nd pref (grand son) also..

My uncle called me uscis...they said l wont be included as i m 28 right now ...but acc to age calculation if i calculate...i will be on 22 as my petitioned date was April 1996 and we got approval notice on October 2018....they say the CSPA law is for son of petitioner and i am grandson so that doesnt apply on me...

Petitioner: GrandFather, USC in US. filed for my mom and family (which includes my dad, mom and me)

Preference Category: F3

Priority Date(Petition Filled): 29 April 2018

Petition Approved: 23 October 2018

My Date of Birth: 2 January 1991 (As At Now- 27 years )

Pls help me out...let me know if i will be able to go with my parents or not...my grandfather petitioned a file for his son (my mom and family)

we got approval notice that its been approved and now it will go to NVC...

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

THanks and any input will be greatly appreciated.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Dlorah27 said:

Confused about CSPA>..

Hello

l am really confused about Child Protection Act.. I know about if you are above 21 you ll not be eligible...But there is info about it on Immeditate relative and my case is i am grand child and my grandfather who is us citizen has petitioned a file for my mom and family (that is me and mom and dad).

my grandfather (us citizen) filed petition for his daughter(my mom (dad and me)) on April 1996  and we got approval notice on October 2018

my date of birth is 2 January 1991 . Right now i am 27. But if i calculate my age i will be around 22 i guess. ls CSPA applies only on first preference that is son of petitioner only , or it applies on 2nd pref (grand son) also..

My uncle called me uscis...they said l wont be included as i m 28 right now ...but acc to age calculation if i calculate...i will be on 22 as my petitioned date was April 1996 and we got approval notice on October 2018....they say the CSPA law is for son of petitioner and i am grandson so that doesnt apply on me...

Petitioner: GrandFather, USC in US. filed for my mom and family (which includes my dad, mom and me)

Priority Date(Petition Filled): 29 April 2018

My Date of Birth: 2 January 1991 (As At Now- 27 years )

Pls help me out...let me know if i will be able to go with my parents or not...my grandfather petitioned a file for his son (my mom and family)

we got approval notice that its been approved and now it will go to NVC...

Approval date -priority date = answer in years 

When interview date come, deduct the answer in year from your age, 

If it is below 21 u get visa, if above 21 u won't get visa, 

Currently if 10 days past 21 yrs visa dinied in many cases..... 

Hope this helps you 

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dlorah27 said:

Date approval=2018

Priority date =1996

my age=27

2018 - 1996 = 22 years

22-27=6 

so what’s next?

Check your priority date and approval date again,  can not be 22 yrs difference.... There is something wrong 

3 hours ago, Sam2018 said:

Hi Gowrie 2006. I have paid all the fees. Submitted DS260. Now I am in the process of obtaining police clearance and submit all other supporting documents. No problems so far. My daughter's name was added too. Just the final step to go.

Thank you, Sam2018.

Great, glad to hear everything is going good so far and your daughter's name has been added. You are getting closer, After you submit all documents and the NVC review and send you Case Complete letter you will just have to wait for your PD to become current on the VB.

Hi 

Had interview in Islamabad on 18 oct. They handed out form 221g with no requirement. Kept my whole family in AP for 1 day. Next day I checked my status, it said "READY". The status changed to Administrative Processing again on 15 Nov. Can some one shed some light?

Thanks

On 11/14/2018 at 4:08 AM, gowrie2006 said:

Hi June2006,

Did you have your interview already? how did it go?

Done with the interview on 1st November. Asked about the relation with petitioner, when they went to the US, when was the last time you met, how often do you communicate, what are they doing in the US, what is the phone number. 

Just these common questions were asked and at the end the consular said that the case is in AP for a day and two. 

I have been checking my status and it still shows Administrative Processing. AP can take maximum up to 60 days, so we are just waiting for the AP to be completed.

Confused about CSPA>..

Hello

l am really confused about Child Protection Act.. I know about if you are above 21 you ll not be eligible...But there is info about it on Immeditate relative and my case is i am grand child and my grandfather who is us citizen has petitioned a file for my mom and family (that is me and mom and dad).

My uncle called me uscis...they said l wont be included as i m 27 right now ...but acc to age calculation if i calculate...i will be on 22 as my petitioned date was April 1996 and we got approval notice on October 2018....they say the CSPA law is for son of petitioner and i am grandson so that doesnt apply on me...

Priority Date(Petition Filled): 29 April 1996

My Date of Birth: 2 January 1991 (As At Now- 27 years )

Pls help me out...let me know if i will be able to go with my parents or not...my grandfather petitioned a file for his son (my mom and family)

we got approval notice that its been approved and now it will go to NVC...

A5A01DC2-52E0-4391-984C-44E535CE85FF.jpeg

23 hours ago, june2006 said:

Done with the interview on 1st November. Asked about the relation with petitioner, when they went to the US, when was the last time you met, how often do you communicate, what are they doing in the US, what is the phone number. 

Just these common questions were asked and at the end the consular said that the case is in AP for a day and two. 

I have been checking my status and it still shows Administrative Processing. AP can take maximum up to 60 days, so we are just waiting for the AP to be completed.

3 minutes ago, Dlorah27 said:

Confused about CSPA>..

Hello

l am really confused about Child Protection Act.. I know about if you are above 21 you ll not be eligible...But there is info about it on Immeditate relative and my case is i am grand child and my grandfather who is us citizen has petitioned a file for my mom and family (that is me and mom and dad).

My uncle called me uscis...they said l wont be included as i m 27 right now ...but acc to age calculation if i calculate...i will be on 22 as my petitioned date was April 1996 and we got approval notice on October 2018....they say the CSPA law is for son of petitioner and i am grandson so that doesnt apply on me...

Priority Date(Petition Filled): 29 April 1996

My Date of Birth: 2 January 1991 (As At Now- 27 years )

Pls help me out...let me know if i will be able to go with my parents or not...my grandfather petitioned a file for his son (my mom and family)

we got approval notice that its been approved and now it will go to NVC...

A5A01DC2-52E0-4391-984C-44E535CE85FF.jpeg

Hi, The approval date can't be  in 2018 if your PD is 1996, You may want to call the NVC to get your approval date. They don't take 22 years to approve a case mostly 4 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.