Jadon_Germany

N-400 January 2017 Filers

2,122 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2017 at 4:04 PM, jkstark said:

Well - now the online system is stating that they have an interview scheduled...

Hello Kris, have not hear from you for a while?

How is it going? Any updates? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Deribas_Alma-Ata said:

Hello Kris, have not hear from you for a while?

How is it going? Any updates? 

Congrats on your scheduled interview!  I would guess that you'll see yours inside of 30 days or so.

I'm headed up to Buffalo this afternoon for an interview tomorrow afternoon...  So - we shall see what they have to say.  :)

Kris

2 minutes ago, jkstark said:

Congrats on your scheduled interview!  I would guess that you'll see yours inside of 30 days or so.

I'm headed up to Buffalo this afternoon for an interview tomorrow afternoon...  So - we shall see what they have to say.  :)

Kris

Thank you Kris! Yeah, 30-40 more days are nothing comparing to 10 month waiting in info vacuum... So, I'll take it... 😊

Wish you good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted!

Crossing fingers for you! All be nice and smooth! 😉

On 12/22/2017 at 7:49 AM, Deribas_Alma-Ata said:

Finally... Seems I am one step closer now.. 😊

20171222_073338.png

Congrats !! We got almost same date..

Dec. 21, my status online changed to "Interview Scheduled". Received a text message as well at 3:00 PM sharp on same date.

Finally, I received my interview letter today Dec. 26, scheduled for next month/year January 26  Cleveland, OH

We're almost done my friend...Heeehaaaaa.... What a great Christmas gift we have..

4 hours ago, jkstark said:

Kris

Good luck to you for tommorrow !!!

Finally, I got my interview letter today scheduled next month/year Jan. 26.

Timeline

Interview done in all of 15 minutes...  Did notice that my file was approximately 1-1.5 inches thick.

Recommended for approval with an oath set for Jan 11 in Rochester - just shy of a full year.

Almost done...

Good luck to those who are still here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, jkstark said:

Interview done in all of 15 minutes...  Did notice that my file was approximately 1-1.5 inches thick.

Recommended for approval with an oath set for Jan 11 in Rochester - just shy of a full year.

Almost done...

Congrats @jkstark! What question did you have as test, share please:)

On 12/26/2017 at 2:19 PM, ruby_7 said:

Congrats !! We got almost same date..

Dec. 21, my status online changed to "Interview Scheduled". Received a text message as well at 3:00 PM sharp on same date.

Finally, I received my interview letter today Dec. 26, scheduled for next month/year January 26  Cleveland, OH

We're almost done my friend...Heeehaaaaa.... What a great Christmas gift we have..

Thank you Ruby_7, my congrats to you as well buddy!!!

It was a long wait for at least 3 of us... and to be honest with you I did not expect to get any updates from USCIS this year... I was like, nah... these guys will not surprise me and sure they did... :)

I don't know my Interview date yet, but based on the pace I may assume it should be right after yours. What a relief huh? 😁

Happy New Year to All! 

Edited by Deribas_Alma-Ata

15 hours ago, jkstark said:

Almost done...

So glad for you Kris! You made it, Congratulations! 👍

Just in 2 weeks you'll be the Proud American Sitizen! 😊

And yeah, as Ruby_7 mentioned get us some details and don't forget a cherry on top... 😁   

Timeline
4 hours ago, Deribas_Alma-Ata said:

So glad for you Kris! You made it, Congratulations! 👍

Just in 2 weeks you'll be the Proud American Sitizen! 😊

And yeah, as Ruby_7 mentioned get us some details and don't forget a cherry on top... 😁   

Sure thing - just didn't have a computer handy yesterday...

Questions - as many of them as I can remember...  What does the cabinet do, How many years do we elect Senators for, How many supreme court justices, Who becomes president if netierh president or vice-president can serve.  I can't recall what the last two were, but I did notice that all of them were pre-selected and printed out.  I did have to read 'What month do we celebrate Columbus day' and write 'We celebrate Columbus day in October'. 

Beyond that, it was a simple matter of going through the questions on the application, and she wanted to see my passports - I had one expired one and the current one with me, but since most of my trips were to europe, as an EU citizen, I don't get stamps there, so they are pretty much empty other than US entry stamps.

I was asked about trips out of the country, where all I could state directly was that I had attached a full listing, and beyond that I could only state that I had gone to Europe roughly once a year except for 2016, where I did three trips out there - all to visit my mother who lived in France.

For the entire experience, I had a 2:45 appointment, and got to the office at about 2:15.  Took few minutes to go through security (winter in Buffalo - coats, scarves etc), then they had a hard time scanning a fingerprint at the reception desk.  Got called up about 30 seconds of having sat down at right around 2:25, with the IO stating that she had a no-show so she was well ahead of schedule.  We were out of the office with everything taken care of by 2:45-2:50, with an Oath notice in hand...

There was only a slight bit of back and forth questioning when asked about military/militia service - I have served in the Finnish Army as standard conscription, so going through those questions was nothing more than stating that yes, I have served and I have had military weapons training.  The question was about a militia, which was specifically relating to a non-national army militia, so the correct answer there was no.

I was also asked about tickets and the like, and she simply asked what the traffic ticket fines were, and since they were under $500, she didn't care.

Quick, easy, done.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
2 hours ago, jkstark said:

Questions - as many of them as I can remember...  What does the cabinet do, How many years do we elect Senators for, How many supreme court justices, Who becomes president if netierh president or vice-president can serve.  I can't recall what the last two were, but I did notice that all of them were pre-selected and printed out.  I did have to read 'What month do we celebrate Columbus day' and write 'We celebrate Columbus day in October'. 

Beyond that, it was a simple matter of going through the questions on the application, and she wanted to see my passports - I had one expired one and the current one with me, but since most of my trips were to europe, as an EU citizen, I don't get stamps there, so they are pretty much empty other than US entry stamps.

I was asked about trips out of the country, where all I could state directly was that I had attached a full listing, and beyond that I could only state that I had gone to Europe roughly once a year except for 2016, where I did three trips out there - all to visit my mother who lived in France.

For the entire experience, I had a 2:45 appointment, and got to the office at about 2:15.  Took few minutes to go through security (winter in Buffalo - coats, scarves etc), then they had a hard time scanning a fingerprint at the reception desk.  Got called up about 30 seconds of having sat down at right around 2:25, with the IO stating that she had a no-show so she was well ahead of schedule.  We were out of the office with everything taken care of by 2:45-2:50, with an Oath notice in hand...

There was only a slight bit of back and forth questioning when asked about military/militia service - I have served in the Finnish Army as standard conscription, so going through those questions was nothing more than stating that yes, I have served and I have had military weapons training.  The question was about a militia, which was specifically relating to a non-national army militia, so the correct answer there was no.

I was also asked about tickets and the like, and she simply asked what the traffic ticket fines were, and since they were under $500, she didn't care.

Quick, easy, done.

congrats man... you are almost done...:jest:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, jkstark said:

Quick, easy, done.

Thank you very much @jkstark! Happy New 2018 Year!

On 12/28/2017 at 11:41 AM, jkstark said:

Quick, easy, done.

Thank you Kris for the comprehensive response! Sorry, could not respond earlier due to traveling. Seems all went smooth for you, thats great! Congrats again! On January 11th USA gets another Proud American! :)

Happy New Year! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.