Jadon_Germany

N-400 January 2017 Filers

2,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

I think the bulk "average" January cases (with no complications due to unusual factors) are going to have interviews in June/July.

Will be looking at nov-December fillers to see the trend now on, but i am not sure if most of them even visit this site anymore.... you know what i am not looking  anyone actually atleast for 3 weeks... I think have milk and sleep like pig works for me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Why is an interview even required? I mean we filled a 21 page application, for what? They have can pull up our work/criminal/travel history whenever they want. As far as the English and civic test go, we should be able to go to a local school/college and take it there. I don't see why interview is required.

4 hours ago, weakheart said:

This is good to hear that trend gets better in comming months...

before I applied, a friend of mine told me that his wife got it done in 3 months, so 3 months process in total was in my head...Had i not seen this forum and last month fillers, I would have gone crazy given my case is inline for long enough and interview not getting scheduled. Well, it isn't happening very quick and i have delayed my plans already and i havnt not gone crazy yet thanks to VJ's....i think it will be the end of this month when we all will start receiving the letters for our appointments.

.... fingers crossed ... we know we will get there, nothing will solve by panicking... so i have decided to have milk and sleep like a 🐷 

Usually the ones who applied for N400 based on marriage AND met the 3-yr residency IMMEDIATELY (after their greencard) are the ones who get the citizenship approval in less than 3-4 months after filing the N400. I just noticed it in here in VJ data based in one of the local offices.  

Edited by ruby_7

Timeline
2 hours ago, ruby_7 said:

Usually the ones who applied for N400 based on marriage AND met the 3-yr residency IMMEDIATELY (after their greencard) are the ones who get the citizenship approval in less than 3-4 months after filing the N400. I just noticed it in here in VJ data based in one of the local offices.  

Hmm that could be the trick as mine is not marriage based, now don't know about others..if it is the way it could be for marraige and immigiate relatives based on 3 year residency ... as my friends wife applied through her father 

Edited by weakheart

Timeline
3 hours ago, feroze895 said:

Why is an interview even required? I mean we filled a 21 page application, for what? They have can pull up our work/criminal/travel history whenever they want. As far as the English and civic test go, we should be able to go to a local school/college and take it there. I don't see why interview is required.

They want you to have the closet experience of ❤️ attack before you become the usc i guess, so that u can fulfill the responsibilities of being a us citizen without any difficulty lol...the only thing relieving is that i am not alone, there are many with me waiting on this 🚣 ,stranded in middle of  🌊 with hope that help is on its way, when it will arrive no one knows...

marraige, doing buisness, my every shitty thing is waiting for me to be citizen, and citizenship is waiting inline for interview lol... everytime I told myself to not think about it for some weeks, I think about it more often grrrrr

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
7 hours ago, weakheart said:

Hmm that could be the trick as mine is not marriage based, now don't know about others..if it is the way it could be for marraige and immigiate relatives based on 3 year residency ... as my friends wife applied through her father 

mine is under 3 y, but i'm sure i'm not going to have an interview 3- 4 months after filling, because if this is the case i should have my interview letter now,

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
6 hours ago, elisar said:

mine is under 3 y, but i'm sure i'm not going to have an interview 3- 4 months after filling, because if this is the case i should have my interview letter now,

That is because they love our cases, they want to hold on to them, hug them, keep them close to their hearts as long as they can before they will have to file them away after citizenship are granted. :D

Edited by MyJourney

Relax, this is not a race.

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

Check out the November filers thread, the number of posts about interviews scheduled have increased significantly in the last couple of weeks and the momentum seems to continue.
As I said, we are roughly 2 months away for "normal" cases to begin moving.

Relax, this is not a race.

Thought I'd chime in that if any of you wanted to travel outside of the US whilst your case is pending, we just got back from 3 weeks in England, coming back through customs was a breeze, no issues whatsoever ;)
Back to poking the case status to update... wishful thinking

Gemma and Paul - Our Timeline

05/17/2007 - K1 Visa app sent in

05/30/2008 - K1 Visa Interview, approved but suspended pending on new police report, sent new report in 2 days later along with my passport to the embassy

06/10/2008 - Passport delivered to the house with nice visa page stuck inside yipeee!

06/20/2008 - arrived in US

08/02/2008 - tied the knot

08/11/2008 - applied for AOS and EAD

09/11/2008 - NOA arrived for both

09/30/2008 - Biometrics

12/20/2008 - Interview Letter arrived

12/23/2008 - EAD approved!

12/29/2008 - EAD card ordered

02/11/2009 - Interview APPROVED!

02/25/2009 - Green Card in hand!

11/15/2010 - ROC I-751 filed

11/17/2010 - Delivery confirmation for I-751

11/27/2010 - NOA1 (dated 11/17/2010)

12/28/2010 - Biometrics

02/16/2011 - Approval/card production email

02/23/2011 - Ohh ahh.. 10yr card arrived

2011-2017 - vacations, baby boy born in 2014, more vacations, finally remember I could file for Citizenship 5 yrs ago!

01/20/2017 - N400 filed

01/30/2017 - N400 returned with amendments needed

01/31/2017 - N400 resubmitted

02/14/2017 - NOA (dated 02/09/2017)

03/03/2017 - Biometrics 

03/07/2017 - In line for interview
08/21/2017 - Interview letter received 
09/22/2017 - Interview date - Approved

10/17/2017 - Oath Ceremony 

Timeline
7 hours ago, MyJourney said:

OK, another week breezed by.....I am not going to wait for the big news on a Friday late-afternoon. Hopefully next week. :D

Lol... check ur status one more time, maybe they changed it at 4:55 pm😂😂

Edited by weakheart

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.