dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview February 2017

270 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Li&Kyle said:

She definitely says, "scars of the shots on my arms" :huh:. That really is a very bizarre ask, and not at all a credible method of gauging whether someone as had a particular injection, or injections. Also, from my own experience, I didn't have to prove I'd had chickenpox. Anyway, more importantly, if you are unsure of your immunisation history you should definitely get a blood test.

Also, there's no need to worry about the clinic being unhelpful. They have nothing to do with the NVC and should answer any questions you have if you call them. FYI, I got the extra vaccinations I needed AFTER my medical examination. The clinic provided me with a letter to give to my own doctor explaining the situation and what vaccinations I needed. 

Actually my sister has this scar and it is supposed to be from a vaccine. I asked my mom why I don't have it and she said I got a different kind of vaccine that doesn't leave a scar behind but that she did give me the vaccine. We are in a country considered to be 3rd world, probably over there you guys had this kind of vaccine that doesn't leave scars behind. Anyways that's good news cause the prices the embassy puts on the website for their designated physicians is like $200 just for a hepatitis A or B shot! I'm sure it is way cheaper at another dr that is not the embassy's physician.

EB47B33C-145E-409C-B5CC-888279605D00-11561-000013857A53384A_tmp.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Li&Kyle said:

She definitely says, "scars of the shots on my arms" :huh:. That really is a very bizarre ask, and not at all a credible method of gauging whether someone as had a particular injection, or injections. Also, from my own experience, I didn't have to prove I'd had chickenpox. Anyway, more importantly, if you are unsure of your immunisation history you should definitely get a blood test.

Also, there's no need to worry about the clinic being unhelpful. They have nothing to do with the NVC and should answer any questions you have if you call them. FYI, I got the extra vaccinations I needed AFTER my medical examination. The clinic provided me with a letter to give to my own doctor explaining the situation and what vaccinations I needed. 

I'm having my medical exam February 20 I called  the clinic and asked if they accept vaccines from different doctors and they said yes it only needs to have all the info from the doctor that is providing the vaccines for me is better if I have my vaccines here in the US because my country is to corrupte and they Overcharge sad but that's how it is  I am from Honduras by the way....

1 minute ago, TsLifetime said:

I'm having my medical exam February 20 I called  the clinic and asked if they accept vaccines from different doctors and they said yes it only needs to have all the info from the doctor that is providing the vaccines for me is better if I have my vaccines here in the US because my country is to corrupte and they Overcharge sad but that's how it is  I am from Honduras by the way....

Yeah I saw your flag! You're the closest I've been to someone from my country. I am still in ES tho, do you think they would allow me to leave without those vaccines and get the shots over there?

26 minutes ago, fatima_g said:

Actually my sister has this scar and it is supposed to be from a vaccine. I asked my mom why I don't have it and she said I got a different kind of vaccine that doesn't leave a scar behind but that she did give me the vaccine. We are in a country considered to be 3rd world, probably over there you guys had this kind of vaccine that doesn't leave scars behind. Anyways that's good news cause the prices the embassy puts on the website for their designated physicians is like $200 just for a hepatitis A or B shot! I'm sure it is way cheaper at another dr that is not the embassy's physician.

EB47B33C-145E-409C-B5CC-888279605D00-11561-000013857A53384A_tmp.png

This looks like a BCG scar. I have a similar one. The BCG jab is the only injection, I'm aware of, that leaves a scar because it's a big needle and it swells up for a week or so after it's administered, sometimes it can blister and burst. Some people get lucky and won't get any scarring. I remember when I was about 14, everyone at school being terrified we had to have it. I'm glad you have somewhere you can get your vaccinations done without incurring the clinics horrendous fees. As I say, if you get a blood test you might be able to avoid getting a whole bunch of injections, only the ones you actually need. If you can prove immunity you won't need a vaccination. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

I have a scar like this from a BCG vaccine shot.  Agree with @Li&Kyle to get some blood work done - also, even if you received a vaccine many years ago, the titer may now be low and you may need the vaccine again.  

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Thanks @Li&Kyle @Duncan21. I didn't know there was a test that could prove which vaccines I have already received. I know I have all the vaccines required but my pediatrician died almost 6 years ago. He had all my vaccination records and we searched everywhere for him or his family with no luck. I'll have to call a private clinic that does blood work since the government doesn't really do this kind of tests. Thank you for the suggestions ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
2 hours ago, fatima_g said:

Yeah I saw your flag! You're the closest I've been to someone from my country. I am still in ES tho, do you think they would allow me to leave without those vaccines and get the shots over there?

Lo que quise decir es que puedes ponerte las vacuans en donde fuera que estuvieras ahorita y cuando vallas ha tu cita con el docto que te va hacer tu medical exam les das la prueva de vacunas y haci te ahorras pagar ha ellos por ellas porque suele ser mas Caro mas si te toca en el salvador...cuando no hay ninguna prueva de vacuncion te las ponen de acuerdo ha tu esdad yo estoy en comunicasion con halguien que lla paso por este proseso en honduras igual que mi y me dijo que solo le toco ponese cuatro tiene 28 años igual que yo porque no tenia ninguna prueva de vacunacion y que se ahorro y se las puso en un Centro de salud publico porque los dontores que travaja para la embajada americana quieren demasiado dinero.... Yo en particular llame a la clinica que me va hacer mi medical exam en honduras y les pregunte si podia ponermelas en el extranjero y me dijeron que si haci que planeo  ir ha una de las clinicas de haqui en estados unidos y ponermelas antes de ir ha mi cita en honduras  puesto que estoy en USA ahorita ....cualquier otra pregunta mandame un mensaje privado  y yo te puedo contestar cualquier cosa que yo sepa.... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Do you guys think now with Trumps strict rules of visa on foreign countries once approved CR1's some people will be denied entry into the US? My sister said a man was denied entry in the US after having his CR1 visa at port entry. 

2 minutes ago, aditi2016 said:

Do you guys think now with Trumps strict rules of visa on foreign countries once approved CR1's some people will be denied entry into the US? My sister said a man was denied entry in the US after having his CR1 visa at port entry. 

I hope not. I think the ban only applies to people from 7 nations.

However, the process will be slower in the future for all immigrants.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Freedom4evr said:

I hope not. I think the ban only applies to people from 7 nations.

However, the process will be slower in the future for all immigrants.

Isn't it slow already How slower can they get :(

17 minutes ago, parthptl said:

Isn't it slow already How slower can they get :(

Federal employees hiring freeze should slow down the USCIS process and time to get embassy interview. NVC process will probably stay the same since they are not federal employees. 

23 hours ago, TsLifetime said:

Lo que quise decir es que puedes ponerte las vacuans en donde fuera que estuvieras ahorita y cuando vallas ha tu cita con el docto que te va hacer tu medical exam les das la prueva de vacunas y haci te ahorras pagar ha ellos por ellas porque suele ser mas Caro mas si te toca en el salvador...cuando no hay ninguna prueva de vacuncion te las ponen de acuerdo ha tu esdad yo estoy en comunicasion con halguien que lla paso por este proseso en honduras igual que mi y me dijo que solo le toco ponese cuatro tiene 28 años igual que yo porque no tenia ninguna prueva de vacunacion y que se ahorro y se las puso en un Centro de salud publico porque los dontores que travaja para la embajada americana quieren demasiado dinero.... Yo en particular llame a la clinica que me va hacer mi medical exam en honduras y les pregunte si podia ponermelas en el extranjero y me dijeron que si haci que planeo  ir ha una de las clinicas de haqui en estados unidos y ponermelas antes de ir ha mi cita en honduras  puesto que estoy en USA ahorita ....cualquier otra pregunta mandame un mensaje privado  y yo te puedo contestar cualquier cosa que yo sepa.... 

Muchas gracias por la info, buscaré una unidad de salud para ponerme las vacunas ?

Timeline
On 1/28/2017 at 11:14 AM, fatima_g said:

Thanks Susie, I know! So far I have only seen 1 active Salvadoran besides me on a forum. That's why I chose to ask in general. I know prices will definitely vary but at the end of the day we're all going to the same country and will have to cover the same requirements to enter.

I read a blog of someone who immigrated a while back (from the Philippines) and since she didn't have record for her vaccinations (which is my case) she was asked to show marks on her body that proves she got the vaccines or scars she had left behind from when she got chicken pox. Since she didn't have any marks or scars the dr decided she needed to get the shot. Experiences like this would be very helpful, just to have an idea of what kind of shots I might be forced to get.

The page for the us embassy in my country says in average how much you could spend on the medical but they also put the prices of the vaccinations and if I add all the ones that the CDC list says are required for immigrants I get a very big number! Bigger than the one the us embassy website suggests. That's why I wanted to hear other people's experiences. If you guys don't mind sharing some details like these ones I would be forever grateful. I know price will definitely vary

Here in my wife experience with medical facility in India, 

She spoke with one of the nurse at the hospital because we didn't have her medical records either. According to the nurse, embassy site will list all vaccines a person should receive, but once you turn 21 than you are only require to get 4 or 5 vaccines (to keep you updated with USA vaccine requirement). I am not sure the names of these vaccines but according to my wife and my brother in law who both went with the same process got 4 vaccine shots. Hope this will help. At least in India, the price was reasonable. You can always call Medical facility in your country and ask them how much money to carry just in case.  

Timeline
On 1/28/2017 at 11:31 PM, aditi2016 said:

Even I have heard that some people were denied entry at IAD with CR1 visa. However, their case was very complex and somethings changed after their interview and before their entry to USA. If you have a straight forward case don't worry about it. Just relax when entry USA and talk to EO as calmly as you can. Good luck on your interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.