garylim

filing of Affidavit of support

4 posts in this topic

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone, we need your help again. 

Does my wife, who is a us citizen and the petitioner have to file an affidavit of support for our i-130 application even though i am already here in the us? also i  have a small business back in the philippines. can i use that for our affidavit of support? 

Thank you in advance and Happy new year 

Edited by garylim

my understanding from asking similar questions myself is that any income outside of the USA that would not continue upon your return to the USA, counts as zero. For example, my husbands job here counts as zero on the affidavit of support as it won't exist when i'm in the USA on my green card.

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.