2,895 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Tortmaster said:

Then you apply under a different category and they wont decide on your EAD until after they decide on your vawa.

thanks for clarifying things for me

Good morning everyone can anyone please tell me where i can do a background check on my husband to find his criminal records ? I need it to submit with my vawa cause if I get any rfe 

My AOS date is September....am so nervous will be going with my lawyer ..

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Good morning everyone can anyone please tell me where i can do a background check on my husband to find his criminal records ? I need it to submit with my vawa cause if I get any rfe 

My AOS date is September....am so nervous will be going with my lawyer ..

I know in some states you can search for a person's criminal records through the county website where he has lived.

6 minutes ago, Godblessme said:

I know in some states you can search for a person's criminal records through the county website where he has lived.

Thank you I will try and see.... since the husband kicked me out n i have no copies of the original documents I submitted will that be an issue when I go to the interview without them ? 

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
6 hours ago, sandranj said:

She is derivative of your l360 but  once approved your  VAWA she has to file for AOS

Thx Sandra mean if my Vawa approves no matter this year or next year in any case my daughter has to file AOS at VSC . Also if you can tell for my vawa should i wait till October as 1 year is completing or make an infopass... In May  i changed my address with ur help Of ii360 and since then my case status says uscis is reviewing the correspondence you sent so what this mean as if they have touched my file how long does it take to make a decision.

Sorry Sandra for asking so many questions..

thx once again.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, rayofhope said:

Thx Sandra mean if my Vawa approves no matter this year or next year in any case my daughter has to file AOS at VSC . Also if you can tell for my vawa should i wait till October as 1 year is completing or make an infopass... In May  i changed my address with ur help Of ii360 and since then my case status says uscis is reviewing the correspondence you sent so what this mean as if they have touched my file how long does it take to make a decision. They don't touch a case besides issuing a work pernit, issuing RFE and giving a decision.

Sorry Sandra for asking so many questions..

thx once again.

Once they approve your VAWA your daughter has to file AOS, no matter her age.You got  married  was before she turned 18 then she is fine.

Set up appointment with infopass and  check the status of your VAWA. Confirm with infopass if they updated your address. I saw hundreds of cases that they didn't update the address despite the person updated with them.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone! I had my AOS interview today. The IO didn't even asked me the questions on form i485.  She only review my medical form and the transcript of a misdemeanor I had in 2011.  And at the she gave a letter of reason for continuance: your case is being held for review. At this time , USCIS  does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required , you will receive a notice in the mail. We may also schedule you for another interview, you will receive a notice by mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be made once your case is complete.

Anyone have a similar experience?  Or is it bad sign?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 26 de agosto de 2017 at 7:44 PM, sandranj said:

If you will file for I-130/I-485 then you should withdraw the VAWA petition. I hope you had a long Courtship because USCIS when adjudicating a new AOS based on a new marriage they have higher standards when adjudicating the AOS,after the alien filed VAWA.

Ok. Thank  you, Sandra!

7 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Thank you I will try and see.... since the husband kicked me out n i have no copies of the original documents I submitted will that be an issue when I go to the interview without them ? 

They should have everything on file but it still helps to go with your own copies 

2 hours ago, Polilla said:

Hello everyone! I had my AOS interview today. The IO didn't even asked me the questions on form i485.  She only review my medical form and the transcript of a misdemeanor I had in 2011.  And at the she gave a letter of reason for continuance: your case is being held for review. At this time , USCIS  does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required , you will receive a notice in the mail. We may also schedule you for another interview, you will receive a notice by mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be made once your case is complete.

Anyone have a similar experience?  Or is it bad sign?

Not a bad sign. In many cases, they don't approve AOS on the spot. Keep checking your online status for updates ... once it says card in production, then it means you were approved 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hopeful diva said:

Not a bad sign. In many cases, they don't approve AOS on the spot. Keep checking your online status for updates ... once it says card in production, then it means you were approved 

Thanks hopefully diva.:)

2 hours ago, Hopeful diva said:

They should have everything on file but it still helps to go with your own copies 

@Hopeful diva I have nothing all was left at his house 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

@Hopeful diva I have nothing all was left at his house 

How long have you separated from your husband? If it is not too long, call the police office and they probably will accompany you to enter your husband's place and get your documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.