Jerbie

Co sponsor and my fiance lose there job

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello

I am in US now and my fiance and his father who is his co sponsor lose there job.. But his father will get his retirement.. Are they going to deport me because of this?

Of course not. You will not be deported. However, your fiance will need to have a sufficient cosponsor for AOS after you marry.

Good luck

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from K1 to AOS from Family Visa as OP is already in the USA *****

No, you won;t be deported on that alone, but if AOS has not yet been approved, you need your fiance to find another job, unless the dad has great pension benefits that cover you.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You will not be deported.

You will need to marry, file for AOS, and get a green card to remain legally in the US.

If your future father-in-law has enough retirement income, he can still be your Joint Sponsor. If not, then you can have anyone who is over 18 years old and living in the US who is either a US citizen or green card holder who has the required income be your Joint Sponsor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Your adjustment of status will not be approved without a sponsor that meets the income requirements. They won't hunt you down to deport you but you will not have valid status until you get your AOS approved.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.