Maddie and Sam

K1- Last status update 2 months ago

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My fiance (English) and I have been together for four years and engaged since this May during my latest visit to England. Naturally, I sent in a petition for a visa as soon as I was confident enough in my knowledge of the process.

Originally, I received updates from the USCIS on the status of our case every few weeks, but I haven't received any mail or notifications of any change of status since the 17th of October when they received the documentation required in a Request for Evidence. The only things I have been sent are the personal documents (passport, birth certificate, etc) I submitted originally and for the RFE. I understand that I can't do anything to speed up the process, but I wish I at least knew where our case is standing, and what I should be planning for the near (or distant) future.

I suppose my biggest questions are if anyone else has gone such long periods of time without any sort of word about their case. When you send a request for information, are they permitted to go into specifics about your case, or will it just be the same case statuses you can get from the online status checker they provide? Can I call and request information that way, or is it strictly via physical mail?

Any information or experiences you can share would be so helpful. Thank you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Maddie & Sam,

Mine is also a British case and just want to clarify that you have received you NOA1 and you are waiting to receive the letter that says the petition has been approved and sent to the Embassy in London, Is that correct?

The US seem fairly quick at processing the British cases but I would guess it all depends on time of year and your specific case.

We originally sent the I-129F in June, had no RFE and my Fiance soon received the NOA1 and what I believe was the NOA2 to say the petition had been approved and was being sent to the Embassy in London via DHL I believe.

At the end of August she had received the letter stating it would be sent to the Embassy and then in September while I was visiting her in the US, the letter from the Embassy to say they had received the petition in London had arrived back home. I made my Mum open it :)

I am not 100% sure when you sent it originally, but if you had an RFE and they received it on the 17th October then you will more than likely be updated via the letter some time after Christmas and the new year. If I am correct in the dates and what I believe you are saying then it has only been two months since they would have been able to come back to your case. I believe they advice it can take several months and you are at the point of the longest wait.

I know we only waited 3 months in total from point of sending it, to the point the Embassy in London had it in their hands.

Our case I think was pretty straight forward, no children, no previous marriages... You know just me and her I guess. We also didn't get the RFE so this possibly made our case very quick.

Don't panic too much as I would bet you will be updated not long after the new year starts so long as they now have everything they need :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.