lmladreno

police certificate of China (merged)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I applied for CR1 visa in New Delhi. After my interview, I received 221g mentioning that I am ineligible to receive visa as my China Police Certificate is not correct. Any one has copy of their china police certificate that they submitted?

Vinay

Filed: Timeline

That's strange. How did you get your CC at NVC with that Police Certificate?

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Timeline

Hi,

I received 221G after CR1 visa interview in New Delhi. They said chinese police certificate is incorrect but they are not telling what is the exact reason. Is there anyone from India who submitted China Police Certificate to US Embassy/Consulate/NVC? I just want to see how the certificate looks like so I can find the mistake in my certificate.

Vinay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** two threads on the same issue merged and a third post on a 6 year old thread by another member removed. Please only post once on a question/ issue, and in your own thread *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Hi,

Just for your information, please have a look at my china police certificate. It was accepted by NVC but not accepted by Indian consulate. Please let me know if there is anything wrong with it. I have only 5 page white notebook. Do I need something else as well?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s904.photobucket.com/user/vinay8687/embed/slideshow/police%20certificate"></iframe>

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

This IS the correct certificate. It was issued more than six months ago, but should be fine as long as stopped living in China more than six months prior to your interview. You can get a police certificate too early, but once you don't live in the country anymore, it isn't too early to obtain it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Dear Pushbrk,

Thanks for your reply. My PPC was issued on 15 March 2016. I went to China on 20 May 2016 and returned back to India on 07 June 2016. Till now, I have been living only in India and never went to China. So I guess my PCC should be still valid. Please let me know your thoughts. Below is info from department of state website:

"Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate"

Timeline

You lived in China prior to obtaining the certificate, then visited for a short time after??? If that is correct, then you should not need a new one. This is exactly the certificate you should have. What you are showing as the last page is actually the cover sheet.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Hi Pushbrk,

Yes, I lived in China from January 2011 to January 2016. I can not understand why they gave me 221g. They just said to continue my case I need to submit China Police Certificate. I was wondering whether there is any report to be submitted to US Consulate from Local Police Station of China along with PCC or not?

Timeline

No, there is not, but it's likely you'll need to submit a new on to satisfy them, even if they are, in my opinion, wrong.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Hi,

I gave my CR1 visa interview at US consulate in Delhi on 02 Dec. After interview they gave me confirmation letter that my visa has been approved and i can collect passport after 3-4 working days. I went to collect passport on 07 Dec and I received 221g letter and passport from them mentioning that I need to submit PCC of China and passport again. I already submitted PCC during my interview- both original and copy.

Anyway, I did not submit PCC again because I do not know what is wrong with the PCC I submitted during interview. I sent them email on 07 Dec to know the reason but till now they have not replied.

Now, today, on ceav.gov, its says our case is in administrative processing and below text:

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment.

Anyone faced similar situation? I haven't received any email regarding interview. I don't understand if I need to do something to schedule the interview or they will give me appointment letter.

Edited by lmladreno

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.