Kosi Wahala

I-130 December 2016 Filers

1,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, robinanis said:

Received an email today from USCIS it was a service request for an i-129f which I had already filed my i-130 I wish to God I never would have filed that I 129f my email stated wait 60 days it is being reviewed by an officer, do you think this is why my case is moving so slow in Nebraska I really think it's everybody but I wished I'd never filed that

Yep! I did my research and found out that those who are skipped filled both i129f and i130. So yeah its true

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, robinanis said:

Received an email today from USCIS it was a service request for an i-129f which I had already filed my i-130 I wish to God I never would have filed that I 129f my email stated wait 60 days it is being reviewed by an officer, do you think this is why my case is moving so slow in Nebraska I really think it's everybody but I wished I'd never filed that

I believe it’s that Nebraska is back logged. Don’t beat your head against the wall abt filing the 1-129f as a lot of us did it last year not knowing not to do it. My lawyer filed it so that goes to show that he didn’t know what he was doing. If your case is being reviewed that’s what they told me abt mine to.. Wishing good luck to us and God will see us through..

Hold on ours is coming 

Hi All, 

I applied for I-130 last Dec. 05, 2016 for my husband. I already got a USCIS Acceptance Information with a priority date included Dec. 05, 2016, but after that, we called USCIS last March 2017 and August 2017 and said that they were still looking at August 2016 filers. Anyone here has the same situation as ours? Somewhat curious why we did not get any notice after getting the receipt. 

Thanks for any help and information!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

II applied dec 6,  2016. Ive called plenty of times and made service request , iI was never told any dates that they are working on  just Our case is on ofFicer desk now 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Wynona said:

What should I expect after getting the receipt and how long was the wait for you before it got on officer desk?

Wyona, 

Some of us filed last year in Nov and still waiting for approval so it’s hard to say how much longer. We all are anxious but I see patience is what we have to learn as nothing is fast abt this process.

Hang in there

On 11/17/2017 at 5:00 AM, robinanis said:

Hi. We were advised by our lawyer to file the same way as you. Filed the i-130 on 12/6, and the i-129f on 12/21. I recieved notification last Friday that our i-129f was closed because “benefit received through other means”. What did your service request state?

Hang in there.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, robinanis said:

II applied dec 6,  2016. Ive called plenty of times and made service request , iI was never told any dates that they are working on  just Our case is on ofFicer desk now 

My husband filled for me and we received NOA1 12/15/2016 with calls to USCIS nothing was done, we contacted OMbudsman same nothing. Fast forward to 9/25/2017 we received RFE for Bonafide Intents of marriage. We responded which they received on the 10/24/2017 and the case was updated 25th and on the 26th with it changed to Names was updated, 27th again it went back to response received. Been checking my app for update yet nothing changed. My husband and I are hanging believing for a better tomorrow. So my question is this has anyone gotten RFE for bonafide intent and how long did it take to get approval. Before I forget my service center is  TSC

Timeline
6 hours ago, Kit Huber said:

Hi. We were advised by our lawyer to file the same way as you. Filed the i-130 on 12/6, and the i-129f on 12/21. I recieved notification last Friday that our i-129f was closed because “benefit received through other means”. What did your service request state?

Hang in there.

Ours are the exact dates if yours, my last email on the i129f said its on an officers desk and I should wait 30 days

Timeline
6 hours ago, Kit Huber said:

Hang in there.

Capture+_2017-11-20-06-57-01.png

60days not 30

53 minutes ago, robinanis said:

Capture+_2017-11-20-06-57-01.png

60days not 30

Wow that’s different wording compared to what we got. I hope others can give more insight.

428B87BC-66CC-4A4F-9B3F-1C419DE6221A.jpeg

Timeline

Yes your i130 most likely approved, you should be receiving approval notice soon, mine still sitting there with no decision yet, praying it's soon, congrats to you!!!! https://media.giphy.com/media/FNZxv7YMkAPeM/giphy.gif

20 hours ago, Sundee said:

Wyona, 

Some of us filed last year in Nov and still waiting for approval so it’s hard to say how much longer. We all are anxious but I see patience is what we have to learn as nothing is fast abt this process.

Hang in there

Okay, thanks. We've been patiently waiting and just noticed that some with the same priority date as ours has already responses from USCIS. Just wanted to know what should we expect after getting a receipt. I also checked priority date on Visa bulletin and it is now Nov 2016. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.