Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, aggie86 said:

No, I've heard arguments both for and against but ultimately I'm not willing to risk the huge application fee and possibly lose it on a technicality. I'll wait until I get my GC back and file immediately after.

How can you lose it on a technicality? Lol

if citinship was the end goal, you just wasted months waiting. Especially that you’re in cali, you’re looking at a year wait. 

9 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

How can you lose it on a technicality? Lol

if citinship was the end goal, you just wasted months waiting. Especially that you’re in cali, you’re looking at a year wait. 

Actually staying with my husband is my end goal so no time wasted. 

How is being with a loved one not a suitable goal.  What you describe in citizenship is really more about convenience.  Everyone is on this journey for their own reasons...how is theirs any less “suitable”than yours?  Citizenship is much less important to me than being with my spouse.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Badgering is not permitted in the forums.  A post has been removed, along with two quoting or referring to it.  Remain positive or remain silent, please.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Do you guys remember a discussion in this thread on the increase in pending i751 applications where someone included a graph of how they have gone up over time?

I-751 Removal of Conditions

-01/15/18 Mailed I-751

-01/18/18 Arrived at California Service Center

-01/18/18 NOA 1 Date

-01/22/18 NOA Received

8 minutes ago, MadMax101 said:

Do you guys remember a discussion in this thread on the increase in pending i751 applications where someone included a graph of how they have gone up over time?

Unfortunately it's not the number of i751 applications that increased. For the last 3 years it seems like number is about the same on average. Little more or little less. What increased is the processing time. The reasons for that was DACA and refugy applications that skyrocketed and needed to be processed first ( you can check the number of their applications). Second, add USCIC mismanagement, outdated system, poor quality, lack of new hires. Which ended up in super long wait time for i751. 

751.PNG

And you can see that they are processing about 21000 applications per quarter in 2017.  It used to be 30k or even 40k before (in 2015 and 2016). They just slowed us down and either lost those resources or put them in use somewhere else

1 hour ago, pkie1985 said:

Unfortunately it's not the number of i751 applications that increased. For the last 3 years it seems like number is about the same on average. Little more or little less. What increased is the processing time. The reasons for that was DACA and refugy applications that skyrocketed and needed to be processed first ( you can check the number of their applications). Second, add USCIC mismanagement, outdated system, poor quality, lack of new hires. Which ended up in super long wait time for i751. 

751.PNG

Thank you for sharing that information!

Like @pkie1985 said, they used to process a lot more applications every quarter but it became worst on 2017... Do you think it's because on the recent immigration views from the current administration?...

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

19 hours ago, aggie86 said:

No, I've heard arguments both for and against but ultimately I'm not willing to risk the huge application fee and possibly lose it on a technicality. I'll wait until I get my GC back and file immediately after.

Aggie, when did you send off your application? I noticed you don't have your timeline filled out.

-K-1 Timeline-                                                                                         -ROC Timeline-
Visited girlfriend first time - 07/20/13                                                    Sent - 12/16/16
I-129f Filed - 08/04/13                                                                              NOA 1 - 12/19/16
NOA1 - 08/20/13                                                                                       Biometrics - 01/27/17
Visited girlfriend second time - 09/10/13 - 09/30/13                       Card Production - 6/14/18
RFE - 08/28/13 (parental consent from courthouse)                        Card in hand - 6/21/18
NOA2 - 11/05/13
Visited girlfriend third time - 11/14/13                                           -Citizenship filed Dec 13th 2018-
Case Shipped to NVC - 12/16/13                                                       Biometrics - Jan 3rd, 2018
NVC Case number - 12/26/13                                                            Interview - September 27th 2019 (Approved!)
Sent to London Embassy - 12/27/13                                                Oath - October 31st 2019 (Journey finally OVER!!)
DS - 160 Sent - 05/01/14
Readiness Form Sent - 06/01/14
Medical - 01/09/14
DS Forms & Medical Received By Embassy - 01/14/14
Interview - 02/13/14 APPROVED!!
CEAC Issued - 02/19/14
Visa in hand - 02/24/14
POE: Newark - 02/25/14
Married - 03/22-14

-AOS Timeline-
Filed - 04/16/14
NOA1 Email - 04/24/14

NOA1 Letters - 04/28/14

Biometrics Appointment - 05/19/14

RFE - 04/16/14

EAD Card Production - 07/03/14

EAD In Hand - 07/11/14

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 07/29/14

Approved! - 03/16/15 (Took Almost 11 months total)

20 hours ago, aggie86 said:

Totally agree. 

I was just thinking your transfer might have been connected to n 400 if you filed. I guess you'll just have to wait a notice or approval letter in mail, online updates are not realy reliable 

1 hour ago, YafaUSA said:

Thank you for sharing that information!

Like @pkie1985 said, they used to process a lot more applications every quarter but it became worst on 2017... Do you think it's because on the recent immigration views from the current administration?...

Overall, USCIS is processed slightly more in the 2017 fiscal than the 2016 fiscal (6.7 million vs 6.5 million), but clearly they have shifted focus to other types of applications (looks like employment and DACA - not unexpected given the deadline imposed last year).  From what I see on the statistics, it doesn't seem to be a distinct trend, but rather a response to the government orders.  (Just my opinion)

It's unfortunate for us, but at least we have status while we wait.  The applications being prioritized are for those who have none (whether you agree with it or not, isn't this the way priorities are usually set (high risk, initial status first?)  We aren't the only group down (humanitarian (i.e. refugee) claims are down as well).  I am not reading much more into it than that...the increase in DACA alone more than offsets the decrease in family-based application approvals (family based is down 180,000 from 2016, DACA is up 263,000).  DACA had a government deadline and sadly, family-based doesn't.  In addition, even with the increase in applications, they clearly don't have the resources to maintain the workload they had, let alone more.

What I don't understand is why there don't seem to be any government required standards in regards to processing times (of course that seems to be true for any government agency these days).If no one is held accountable for the slipping times, there is no incentive to improve.

The statistics are here (although first quarter 2018 seems to be late) https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-studies/immigration-forms-data/data-set-all-uscis-application-and-petition-form-types.  Use the cvs format and it will put it in an excel spreadsheet.  I've attached the comparison if you are interested

USCIS 2017 to 2016 comparative.doc

Thank you @dburnt for your reply and explanation!

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:24 AM, aggie86 said:

Hey all! I got a written notice in the mail today that a "preliminary review of my case is complete" and it's been transferred to the USCIS office that has jurisdiction over my case...which says Nebraska?!?! I'm in California so that seems pretty weird to me. Does anyone know if that's a mistake or are they sending overflowing cases to other states? I'm in San Diego, and I know that the backlog here is pretty significant...

Hi aggie86,

That's a good movement on your case. What is your NOA?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.