Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

Hi guys!!! I am a late December 2016 Vermont filer and I've been a silent reader on this forum for quite some time..we finally got our approval letter in the mail today! Yay!:D Now on to the N400!

NOA date: December 30, 2016

Biometrics date: February 2, 2017

Approval date: December 19, 2017

Hope everyone still waiting will hear the good news soon!

Filed: Timeline
On 24/12/2017 at 6:49 PM, shell20 said:

Well i did not file at CSC but i did read a post on VJ a couple of days ago.  Someone enquired/service request about how long they are taking to adjudicate ROC, the reply was they acknowledged they were behind at CSC but plan to try and catch up or something, which is excellent news. i am guessing they are caught up with DACA which seems to be looking at the statistics why they actually fell behind.

So much for Trump's promises to end DACA, deport illegals and put the emphasis on people who do things properly. It makes sense that the CSC would be the most backlogged, since the Southwest seems to be where the larger proportion of said illegals reside, based on the data and my anecdotal experience. But it is also a little surprising that the Vermont center actually seems to have sped up over the same timeframe, considering how many there are in places like NYC, DC and parts of the south (I understand that Texas would fall under CSC).

Edited by Jameson78

45 minutes ago, Jameson78 said:

So much for Trump's promises to end DACA, deport illegals and put the emphasis on people who do things properly. It makes sense that the CSC would be the most backlogged, since the Southwest seems to be where the larger proportion of said illegals reside, based on the data and my anecdotal experience. But it is also a little surprising that the Vermont center actually seems to have sped up over the same timeframe, considering how many there are in places like NYC, DC and parts of the south (I understand that Texas would fall under CSC).

Only people I hate more than those who vote against immigration are immigrants like you who just because they had an opening and a chance to be here they think they are better than "illegals". First of all, illegals dont have any options to legalize if they crossed the border illegally, and second of all DACA kids have more of a right to be here since they came as kids compare to your clown ### here for "love". Why dont you go live with ur spouse in your home country and stop acting like you're owed  chit out here since you feel the I751 is such an inconvenience for your dumbass.  

Edited by ApplyingforN400

On 12/20/2017 at 12:27 PM, Scazy said:

I was struggling to find it as well, and then read here advice to check it right after midnight on a weekday. It worked! 

They gave me I 551 stamp on I 94 form and I've been told to come for another one when this expiring as I filed at CSC :/ 

This worked.  Midnight Christmas morning was able to book for Jan 8.

Hoping that in addition to the I551 stamp they can confirm the name DHS has for me so I know what to use on my N400.  I'll be a month or two later in applying but rather have that straightened out (I can't legally change my name with SSN until DHS updates based on what is on my I751)

1 hour ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

Only people I hate more than those who vote against immigration are immigrants like you who just because they had an opening and a chance to be here they think they are better than "illegals". First of all, illegals dont have any options to legalize if they crossed the border illegally, and second of all DACA kids have more of a right to be here since they came as kids compare to your clown ### here for "love". Why dont you go live with ur spouse in your home country and stop acting like you're owed  chit out here since you feel the I751 is such an inconvenience for your dumbass.  

This is quite uncalled for.  The only people with a right to be here are those born here...for the rest of us, it is a privilege, and that's why there are processes.  Considering the season, you might want to relax a little ;-)

31 minutes ago, dburnt said:

This is quite uncalled for.  The only people with a right to be here are those born here...for the rest of us, it is a privilege, and that's why there are processes.  Considering the season, you might want to relax a little ;-)

i totally agree,  everyone is entitled to a point of view,/opinion....  freedom of speech and such. However, the delivery of this post in reply to the other post was nasty and totally uncalled for. It always makes me cringe when i see these type of posts on VJ.  :(

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

3 hours ago, Jameson78 said:

im not sure Vermont sped up, they just look faster as CSC is so backlogged.  12 months for Vermont on average, not sure about the statistics say 2 years ago, but i bet my bottom dollar it was faster than a year.  (oops i don't have a dollar, in England right now, i bet my bottom pound.  :)

20 hours ago, mauihunter said:

Great news guys!

Just got an email notification saying:

"New Card Is Being Produced

On December 26, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number ---------"

Good luck to everyone still waiting. See you on the N400 threads!

*If someone can update the list with the approvals.*

Thanks!

Congratulations!!  What a great Christmas/Holiday surprise.

3 hours ago, shell20 said:

i totally agree,  everyone is entitled to a point of view,/opinion....  freedom of speech and such. However, the delivery of this post in reply to the other post was nasty and totally uncalled for. It always makes me cringe when i see these type of posts on VJ.  :(

Cringe all you want. I will stand up to the haters. I will say it again, I hate these people with passion, that pretend to be civilized and nice while attacking a group. 

Only natives have a right to be here if you want to get into it. 

And for a kid who was brought here young, who doesnt even

know the language of the country he came from, it is not a privilege to be here, thats why the compassionate president took it upon himself to protect them.  

4 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

Cringe all you want. I will stand up to the haters. I will say it again, I hate these people with passion, that pretend to be civilized and nice while attacking a group. 

Only natives have a right to be here if you want to get into it. 

And for a kid who was brought here young, who doesnt even

know the language of the country he came from, it is not a privilege to be here, thats why the compassionate president took it upon himself to protect them.  

You are such a HATER! Everyone has a privilage to be here. This is a country of FREEDOM!!! Let me ask you this, why yourself is having a ROC? So, does only mean that you also came from foriegn country and got married to a Citizen here in United States? Why hate? Everyone wants to have a better life. 😡😡😡

12 minutes ago, Family👨👩👧👦 said:

You are such a HATER! Everyone has a privilage to be here. This is a country of FREEDOM!!! Let me ask you this, why yourself is having a ROC? So, does only mean that you also came from foriegn country and got married to a Citizen here in United States? Why hate? Everyone wants to have a better life. 😡😡😡

Many of you fail at basic english, if you read all the comments you'd see Im defending people's right to fight for their chance to be here, but some idiot wants to deport all DACA kids so he doesnt have to wait few months to RC. 

Edited by ApplyingforN400

12 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

Many of you fail at basic english, if you read all the comments you'd see Im defending people's right to fight for their chance to be here, but some idiot wants to deport all DACA kids so he doesnt have to wait few months to RC. 

Hmm, you seem to be carrying on with your insults again. Fail at basic English, many people who post here, speak several languages. 

Any way, i am not going to get in with it, as you stated. i have far more important things to do, like spend time with my family at Christmas!

If you have a gripe about the immigration system, then I suggest you contact your senator or write to the President, instead of sniping at everyone on VJ.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline

Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion but there is a Law that exists in this country. In all honesty, if anyone believes that immigration is a right, not a privilege then they should have never filed for ROC and stayed in the country illegally. 

1 hour ago, Name O Boy said:

Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion but there is a Law that exists in this country. In all honesty, if anyone believes that immigration is a right, not a privilege then they should have never filed for ROC and stayed in the country illegally. 

I agree, everyone has the right to their opinion.

However, i don't agree with naming or shaming or swearing or such.  If you have a valid point then there are ways to broach the subject, rather than calling people clowns or inferring about ones' English. (At this point,  one could become  a tad pedantic when challenging the poster). 

To be honest, I can see why the poster was upset, however i can see the other side of the coin. too  At the end of the day, no-one has a God given right to anything.  it's not our country, our land it all belongs to God.

Edited by shell20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.