1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@ruban

@L&G3112

Good morning, I spoke to someone yesterday that already did their interview in MTL for F2A category. Looking at their info looks like the backlog started once May visa bulletin came out because they got theirs in proper time. Hopefully this means that once it clears up we will get ours since we should be next in line 

here is their timeline...

they received  interview letter March 19, 2018. Interview date was April 24.  Priority date was March 31, 2016. 

6 minutes ago, tash1111 said:

@ruban

@L&G3112

Good morning, I spoke to someone yesterday that already did their interview in MTL for F2A category. Looking at their info looks like the backlog started once May visa bulletin came out because they got theirs in proper time. Hopefully this means that once it clears up we will get ours since we should be next in line 

here is their timeline...

they received  interview letter March 19, 2018. Interview date was April 24.  Priority date was March 31, 2016. 

Thank you for your info.

Hope we all will get IL soon.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 7/30/2018 at 5:57 PM, ormont said:

Hi Michael,  Any prediction for September VB?

Till now there was no movement at all. We are on the end of the fiscal year and I don`t expect a big movement.

Worst case scenario would be that we dont move at all. We will know more in the next 2-3 days.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

Till now there was no movement at all. We are on the end of the fiscal year and I don`t expect a big movement.

Worst case scenario would be that we dont move at all. We will know more in the next 2-3 days.

Wow thanks  tho for the info

11 hours ago, Wynona said:

Hello!

Anyone here just recently uploaded or currently submitting civil documents through CEAC? 

You can ask in NVC topic here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/83-national-visa-center-dept-of-state/

NVC is beginning to expand the ability to submit documents for some countries via their website, so only limited people can do that.

Hello guys! I wanted to share with you that I already completed my process and my visa has been approved. I'm beyond excited and want to thank you all for all the support through all this time.

I'll leave the info below:

Pd: 20/07/2016

I received the IL: 28/06/2018

Medical exams: 20/072018

Interview: 01/08/2018

Docs I brought to the interview:

* OG birth certificate 

*OG marriage certificate 

*OG Police clearance certificate 

*printed IL 

*2 photographs

*Taxes from 2015 to 2017 

*signed copy of the I-864ez form

*copy of my husband residency and a few bills with his address as prove of legal status and domicile.

*vaccinations documentation worksheet plus receipts (OG and copy)

*printed DS260 confirmation email.

*Letter from his work. 

As proof of relationship :

*Printed screenshots of platforms of communication: (Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, Instagram. Call records and messages).

*Letter and cards he gave me from the beginning of our relation upto now. 

*emails with our joint information from Amazon etc.

*electronic receipts from gifts we send to each other. 

*Money transfers receipts 

*bording pass from our vacations and hotel receipts.

*receipts from our wedding day.

*pictures of us from the beginning of our relation (2012) 

Docs they requested:

*OG birth certificate 

*OG Marriage Certificate 

*OG police clearance certificate 

*2017 taxes

*passport 

I brought all this information organized in a portfolio with tags to set apart Civil Documentation from economic support documents and proof of relationship.

The process was pretty quick my appointment was at 7:30am and I was out by 9 o'clock.

I hope all of this serves you to have a better idea about documentation and organization I know how stressful it can be I will suggest you to recollect all your docs a week prior to the interview so you have time to double check everything and dont be overwhelmed by all of it, that's what I did and it helped me a lot as far a mental peace haha. 

So once again thank you so much for all your support and good vibes. It is a very rough way the one we walk being away from our loved ones for so long. But together we can get trough it. Good look to you'll from the bottom of my heart. God Bless you 💝

35 minutes ago, Ivy25 said:

Hello guys! I wanted to share with you that I already completed my process and my visa has been approved. I'm beyond excited and want to thank you all for all the support through all this time.

* OG birth certificate 

*OG marriage certificate 

*printed IL 

*2 photographs

*Taxes from 2015 to 2017 

*copy of my husband residency and a few bills with his address as prove of legal status and domicile.

*Letter from his work. 

*Printed screenshots of platforms of communication: (Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, Instagram. Call records and messages).

Docs they requested:

*OG birth certificate 

*OG Marriage Certificate 

*2017 taxes

*passport 

I brought all this information organized in a portfolio with tags to set apart Civil Documentation from economic support documents and proof of relationship.

The process was pretty quick my appointment was at 7:30am and I was out by 9 o'clock.

I hope all of this serves you to have a better idea about documentation and organization I know how stressful it can be I will suggest you to recollect all your docs a week prior to the interview so you have time to double check everything and dont be overwhelmed by all of it, that's what I did and it helped me a lot as far a mental peace haha. 

So once again thank you so much for all your support and good vibes. It is a very rough way the one we walk being away from our loved ones for so long. But together we can get trough it. Good look to you'll from the bottom of my heart. God Bless you 💝

Thank you! this is so helpful and just in time, I was just about to send some documents to my husband, I think I'll add more to be sure! 

For the taxes, did they ask for income tax return or just the transcript?

1 hour ago, Wynona said:

Thank you! this is so helpful and just in time, I was just about to send some documents to my husband, I think I'll add more to be sure! 

For the taxes, did they ask for income tax return or just the transcript?

I'm glad it help you ❤. Well I gave them the income taxes just to be sure. Also he scanned and sent it to me through email to save a little.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ivy25 said:

* OG birth certificate 

*OG marriage certificate 

*printed IL 

*2 photographs

*Taxes from 2015 to 2017 

*Letter from his work. 

Docs they requested:

*OG birth certificate 

*OG Marriage Certificate 

*2017 taxes

*passport 

Thanks. Can you please also share your interview questions?

6 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

Thanks. Can you please also share your interview questions?

Sure. I think that may not be the same fot all but just as reference, they asked me about how and when we met, how long we have been married and what does he does for living, she also ask me to see a few pictures and that was it. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ivy25 said:

Congratulations! 

My PD is a few days earlier than you, but we haven't received IL. You got your IL in June, that is great. Can you share what is your country? I assume you went to the embassy?

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, f2a_ca said:

Congratulations! 

My PD is a few days earlier than you, but we haven't received IL. You got your IL in June, that is great. Can you share what is your country? I assume you went to the embassy?

Thanks.

Thank you! Sure my country is El Salvador and yes I went to the Embassy. Im sorry, have you call them? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.