1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes case was complete as of December, they said that Montreal is backlogged and they are waiting for interview schedules and usually they come in twords the end of the month. So i am hoping to get some news this week or next because date has been current since May. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, tash1111 said:

just wondering if anyone got interviews. I am still waiting for mine PD May 19th 2016 Montreal, canada

1 minute ago, tash1111 said:

Yes case was complete as of December, they said that Montreal is backlogged and they are waiting for interview schedules and usually they come in twords the end of the month. So i am hoping to get some news this week or next because date has been current since May. 

I see, all the best and hope they schedule you soon

On 6/20/2018 at 2:20 PM, tash1111 said:

My PD is May 25th 2016, also waiting for interview to be scheduled in Montreal. Are you calling the NVC or the embassy in Mtl?

12 minutes ago, L&G3112 said:

My PD is May 25th 2016, also waiting for interview to be scheduled in Montreal. Are you calling the NVC or the embassy in Mtl?

My pd is May 24, 2016. Also waiting 😥

When I call NVC they keep saying that no spot is available at Montreal embassy for your interview.

Edited by ruban

Just now, ruban said:

My pd is May 24, 2016. Also waiting 😥

When I call NVC they keep saying that no spot is available at Montreal embassy for your interview.

We're in the same situation! We've contacted the NVC on May 16th and they told us that the processing was complete, but now we need to wait for an interview date to become available. And since then, no new updates. Hopefully we'll hear from them by the end of June.

For what I see, the US Consulate in Montreal is seriously backlogged. 

1 minute ago, tash1111 said:

I called yesterday they said to wait until the end of the month or first week of july thats when they should be sending out the next group of interviews. Lets all keep in touch! 

great! thanks for sharing :)

lets keep in touch for sure!

Filed: Timeline

Hi friends,

My PD April 04,2016

Interview date was April 17, 2018

Uzbekistan consulate did refuse to approve my son's Immigration visa

As a reason they said they do not believe to the join sponsor

I said fine, and submit another joint sponsor, after two weeks I have got this email below

"Thank you for your email. US Immigration law requires that the consular officer analyze the totality of the applicant’s circumstances, including, but not limited to: age; health; family status; education and skills; assets, resources and financial status; also, where appropriate, the affidavit of support. If, after conducting the interview and evaluating the totality of the applicant’s circumstances, including any applicable documentation, the consular officer is not convinced the applicant will not be a public charge in the United States, they are obligated to refuse the applicant under section INA 212(a)(4)(A). Our records indicate that Mr. ....... application is refused under INA 212(a)(4)(A) for public charge.

This refusal may possibly be overcome, if the applicants are able to provide sufficient evidence of their ability to be self-sufficient in the United States. Depending on circumstances, this evidence may include a job offer, proof of health insurance, an affidavit of support from a close relative, or other evidence as appropriate."

As you see they did not mention anything about my second joint sponsor, and asking me to submit totally different things as a job offer (my son is 17 and he is studies at school)

I presume the US Law did not denied having a joint sponsors in your case yet...

I said ok again, and provide them a job offer letter from a very prestige  Financial Company who agrees to provide to my son a medical benefits, payable sick days etc..

But again after two weeks consulate updated his case and again they put a status as REFUSED.

I am sure that Trumps policy about chain migration is the main reason of this refusal

What should I do, I am totally broken, I raised my son alone and he has nobody without me in this life, my 75 years old sick parents can not take care of him anymore

Please friends advise me, 

P.S. I had a lawyer and he could do anything 

4 minutes ago, Milly1980 said:

Hi friends,

My PD April 04,2016

Interview date was April 17, 2018

Uzbekistan consulate did refuse to approve my son's Immigration visa

As a reason they said they do not believe to the join sponsor

I said fine, and submit another joint sponsor, after two weeks I have got this email below

"Thank you for your email. US Immigration law requires that the consular officer analyze the totality of the applicant’s circumstances, including, but not limited to: age; health; family status; education and skills; assets, resources and financial status; also, where appropriate, the affidavit of support. If, after conducting the interview and evaluating the totality of the applicant’s circumstances, including any applicable documentation, the consular officer is not convinced the applicant will not be a public charge in the United States, they are obligated to refuse the applicant under section INA 212(a)(4)(A). Our records indicate that Mr. ....... application is refused under INA 212(a)(4)(A) for public charge.

This refusal may possibly be overcome, if the applicants are able to provide sufficient evidence of their ability to be self-sufficient in the United States. Depending on circumstances, this evidence may include a job offer, proof of health insurance, an affidavit of support from a close relative, or other evidence as appropriate."

As you see they did not mention anything about my second joint sponsor, and asking me to submit totally different things as a job offer (my son is 17 and he is studies at school)

I presume the US Law did not denied having a joint sponsors in your case yet...

I said ok again, and provide them a job offer letter from a very prestige  Financial Company who agrees to provide to my son a medical benefits, payable sick days etc..

But again after two weeks consulate updated his case and again they put a status as REFUSED.

I am sure that Trumps policy about chain migration is the main reason of this refusal

What should I do, I am totally broken, I raised my son alone and he has nobody without me in this life, my 75 years old sick parents can not take care of him anymore

Please friends advise me, 

P.S. I had a lawyer and he could do anything 

A job offer is not current income.  You can not use a job offer for the I-864.

Seems like you didn't have a qualified Joint Sponsor for your son's interview.  

You need to find a qualified Joint Sponsor, your job offer is not good enough.

1 minute ago, Jojo92122 said:

A job offer is not current income.  You can not use a job offer for the I-864.

Seems like you didn't have a qualified Joint Sponsor for your son's interview.  

You need to find a qualified Joint Sponsor, your job offer is not good enough.

I had a qualified joint sponsor, her income was very high, my lawyer would say me if it was not right joint sponsor

And second joint sponsor was with very good income

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Milly1980 said:

Is anybody here who did get a refusal for F2A?

In some cases your lawyer may be able to request an advisory opinion on the case from the State Department's Visa Office in Washington DC, and then use that to request that the consulate grant the immigrant visa after all.

In many other cases, however, the best bet course of action is to figure out what went wrong the first time and then reapply, making sure to correct the earlier problems.

On 2018-06-21 at 5:58 PM, L&G3112 said:

We're in the same situation! We've contacted the NVC on May 16th and they told us that the processing was complete, but now we need to wait for an interview date to become available. And since then, no new updates. Hopefully we'll hear from them by the end of June.

For what I see, the US Consulate in Montreal is seriously 

On 2018-06-21 at 6:26 PM, L&G3112 said:

great! thanks for sharing :)

lets keep in touch for sure!

Any updates ??

I have no updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.