Ephesus

For I-129F birth certificate

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Nowhere in the instructions does it state you need the beneficiaries birth certificate, but I read some posts on here that makes it unclear. Do you need it for filing of the I-129F? I thought you only need it at the embassy visa interview?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Yes I was wondering the same things too...

But we didn't wanna wait for the certificate being translated n certified so we filed without it...

Some people have been given RFEs for the certificate soma haven't. I think it just depends whether your name hits a match in the database or sth...Who knows?I just hope everything is ok with our petition.

But if you have the certificate and it is translated just send it - it won't hurt.

And good luck :)

2007-03-26 I 129F Package sent

2007-03-29 NOA1 issued

2007-04-03 "touched"

2007-04-07 "touched" (Saturday)

2007-04-10 NOA!!!!!!!!Yoo-hooo

2007-04-11 "touched"

2007-04-19 consulate received

2007-04-24 Package 3 received

2007-05-21 Interview - Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2007-05-23 Visa received

2007-08-28 JFK entry

2007-09-08 Married:)

2007-09-12 Sent AOS application

2007-09-14 AOS Received in Chicago

2007-09-24 NOA1 for GC, EAD, AP

2007-11-09 Biometrics app.

2007-11-XX EAD and AP received

2007-12-20 Transfered to CSC

2008-01-06 "touched"

2008-01-07 "touched"

2008-01-08 "touched"

2008-02-08 'touched"

2008-02-10 "touched"

2008-02-14 Card pruduction ordered :)

2008-02-15 "touched"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you happen to have a translated copy, send it. Better to play it safe than have your case delayed SHOULD you be sent an RFE.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Because it is not a absolute requirement. But, as others have mentioned in other posts concerning this issue, sometimes an RFE is sent asking for the beneficiary's BC. Remember , you are dealing with USCIS, and they call the shots whether or not it's in their ' book of rules' or not.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I was wondering something...

Did those who got an RFE for the beneficiary's BC originally sent a copy of the beneficiary passeport?

I'm kind of thinking that for the I-129-F maybe they just want to have a proof of the nationality or identity of the beneficiary, so if they have a passeport copy they might consider it enough. For those who didn't have the beneficiary visiting in the US and don't add a passeport entry as proof of meeting... then maybe they lack the extra identification.

It's just a theory.

Of course it would be easier if the USCIS would make it clear on why and if they need the beneficiary's BC...

I guess every case is unique...

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you don't have a BC you could send the beneficiary's passport.

We sent both.

I know that nowhere does it say in the directions we needed to send the BC. However, I wanted to show who he was. Also, I wrote that his father was unknown - so I thought it better to send a copy of the translated BC as consistency because his BC only has his mother's name.

I agree that it makes no sense that USCIS does NOT ask for the BC - yet there have been people who have received RFEs for NOT including it. Where is the consistency?

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

We sent in both the beneficiary's BC and passport copy.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
I was wondering something...

Did those who got an RFE for the beneficiary's BC originally sent a copy of the beneficiary passeport?

I'm kind of thinking that for the I-129-F maybe they just want to have a proof of the nationality or identity of the beneficiary, so if they have a passeport copy they might consider it enough. For those who didn't have the beneficiary visiting in the US and don't add a passeport entry as proof of meeting... then maybe they lack the extra identification.

It's just a theory.

Of course it would be easier if the USCIS would make it clear on why and if they need the beneficiary's BC...

I guess every case is unique...

Yes we did. We sent a copy of my passport as proof of meeting. But we got a RFE asking for my birthcertificate.

So the theory is wrong.

I hoped so too, before we got the RFE though!

Diana

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

John & Diana,

Congrats on the NOA2.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

:ot:

John and Diana,

I see the fog has lifted for you two.....Congratulations and pass " the torch ", eh?? (F)

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I'm getting so much touch lately! I'm hoping it'll get approved soon and no RFE. I incorrectly put down the wrong the birthday for my parents. However, everything is correct. I hope they wouldn't give an RFE on that.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.