Lovrghana

interview postponed (split topic)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Today my husband had his interview. And to both of our surprise the staff from the embassy said his interview was postponed cause of the lack of consulate available. We have waited so long for this day to come to only get pushed back or delayed another 2months.He has all the required and requesting documents to complete his interview. Why are embassy postponing visa interviews?Any and all experience and comments are welcomed. Thanks in advance. This is a vey SAD day for us

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Post split from unrelated pinned topic.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Timeline

No idea but with all the things that have been said about the Ghana Embassy recently it's possible the staff is under review or required to take additional training before they will accept new interviews. It's only a wild guess though so please don't take my statement as the truth.

Today my husband had his interview. And to both of our surprise the staff from the embassy said his interview was postponed cause of the lack of consulate available. We have waited so long for this day to come to only get pushed back or delayed another 2months.He has all the required and requesting documents to complete his interview. Why are embassy postponing visa interviews?Any and all experience and comments are welcomed. Thanks in advance. This is a vey SAD day for us

They clearly said postponed to lack of consular available so having all the right documents blah blah blah won't change anything it's seems like they are under staffed and you must wait 2 more months nothing more you can do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I believe most immigrant visa number has been met and CO cant issue anymore visa until next year. Every country has a specific number of visa they can issue in a fiscal year. This is my guess tho

I believe most immigrant visa number has been met and CO cant issue anymore visa until next year. Every country has a specific number of visa they can issue in a fiscal year. This is my guess tho

That only matters for lpr or work visa. USC filing the petition there is no limit to the number of visas issued

Timeline

I believe it's out with the old and in with the new, consulars stay at an embassy from 6 months to 2 years, it may have to do with this, so let us that are going through this embassy pray the people coming in are kind! ??

Timeline

I believe it's out with the old and in with the new, consulars stay at an embassy from 6 months to 2 years, it may have to do with this, so let us that are going through this embassy pray the people coming in are kind! ??

That will be good news!!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This is really exciting to hear. Sounds like a clean slate from all the awful people I've read about in the past.

K-1 Visa Journey: :wub:

05/24/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

05/27/2016 -- I-129F delivered to Lewisville, TX

06/01/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to USCIS California Service Center

06/02/2016 -- Check Cleared

06/06/2016 -- Form I-797C/NOA1 received in the mail

08/08/2016 -- Petition Approved (68 Days)

08/13/2016 -- Form I-797/NOA 2 received in the mail

08/19/2016 -- NVC case received and Case ID assigned

09/01/2016 -- Consulate received

10/19/2016 -- Packet 3 & 4 received

01/04/2017  -- Interview--> Approval!! :dancing:

02/21/2017  -- POE :clock:

Timeline

It's better than denial .

Yes it's better then a denial but it feels like one. From getting CC in September to waiting 2 months for a interview to just have them say postponed for. The next two months into February 2017.Everyone was not treated the same. Some got to be seen while others were not.This treatment of humans are not fair.

I have just checked my calendar, the 28 fell on a Wednesday, recently, since October the consular section is not having interviews on Wednesday and is only accepting US citizens to access for DHS interviews or processes. Them also need previous confirmation and a consular to meet them at the gate to enter.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes it's better then a denial but it feels like one. From getting CC in September to waiting 2 months for a interview to just have them say postponed for. The next two months into February 2017.Everyone was not treated the same. Some got to be seen while others were not.This treatment of humans are not fair.

my dear I didn't mean my reply in any bad way. Look earlier To mid this year, it was taking 4-5 months to get interview date after case complete. Things began to change around July-August. Each waiting period in this process is awful. But having a chance to go back to the embassy is nothing compared to being denied. You have a chance to prove yourself to them. Others went and was plain and flat out denied and have to wait a year or more to be with their partners. What I said in my other reply was just to encourage you and nothing else. Good luck.

Timeline

my dear I didn't mean my reply in any bad way. Look earlier To mid this year, it was taking 4-5 months to get interview date after case complete. Things began to change around July-August. Each waiting period in this process is awful. But having a chance to go back to the embassy is nothing compared to being denied. You have a chance to prove yourself to them. Others went and was plain and flat out denied and have to wait a year or more to be with their partners. What I said in my other reply was just to encourage you and nothing else. Good luck.

Oh I didn't take it a something cruel I understood all you said our process has been going on since last year. And every time we get to the next step we are excited. It's just real depressing when you have already waited beyond a year just to hear when you finally get to go to an interview that you waited so long for in the beginning is postponed for no reason. Everything is in place as it should like many others people petitions. Just for the life of myself I don't understand why some people bad mistakes or dishonesty should be labeled on all real relationships and marriages.I wish everyone on here blessings from God. Because dealing with the people at the embassies are unbelievable. We are humans yet many life are put on hold or destroyed all because of anothers decisions on their own personal beliefs. We are not all bad just like all embassies employee arr not bad. But I did understand your comment and didn't take it negatively.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.