Lovrghana

interview postponed (split topic)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I believe it's out with the old and in with the new, consulars stay at an embassy from 6 months to 2 years, it may have to do with this, so let us that are going through this embassy pray the people coming in are kind! ??

That will be a blessing if the corrupt individuals will be weeded out of the embassies cause what many are doing is morally wrong.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oh I didn't take it a something cruel I understood all you said our process has been going on since last year. And every time we get to the next step we are excited. It's just real depressing when you have already waited beyond a year just to hear when you finally get to go to an interview that you waited so long for in the beginning is postponed for no reason. Everything is in place as it should like many others people petitions. Just for the life of myself I don't understand why some people bad mistakes or dishonesty should be labeled on all real relationships and marriages.I wish everyone on here blessings from God. Because dealing with the people at the embassies are unbelievable. We are humans yet many life are put on hold or destroyed all because of anothers decisions on their own personal beliefs. We are not all bad just like all embassies employee arr not bad. But I did understand your comment and didn't take it negatively.

I understand you perfectly. It's just unfair how we are treated just to be with our partners. The sleepless nights, the depression and the frustration. I get you. It's like they tell you" put your life on hold and wait until we tell you when you can have marital happiness and be together with your spouse." It's sad we have to pass through this horrible process. Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have just checked my calendar, the 28 fell on a Wednesday, recently, since October the consular section is not having interviews on Wednesday and is only accepting US citizens to access for DHS interviews or processes. Them also need previous confirmation and a consular to meet them at the gate to enter.

This makes no sense to me because why would the consulate schedule it in the first place? I wonder if it is CR1's that would have Wednesday reschedules or if it would be K1 as well

K-1 Visa Journey: :wub:

05/24/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

05/27/2016 -- I-129F delivered to Lewisville, TX

06/01/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to USCIS California Service Center

06/02/2016 -- Check Cleared

06/06/2016 -- Form I-797C/NOA1 received in the mail

08/08/2016 -- Petition Approved (68 Days)

08/13/2016 -- Form I-797/NOA 2 received in the mail

08/19/2016 -- NVC case received and Case ID assigned

09/01/2016 -- Consulate received

10/19/2016 -- Packet 3 & 4 received

01/04/2017  -- Interview--> Approval!! :dancing:

02/21/2017  -- POE :clock:

Filed: V-2 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Today my husband had his interview. And to both of our surprise the staff from the embassy said his interview was postponed cause of the lack of consulate available. We have waited so long for this day to come to only get pushed back or delayed another 2months.He has all the required and requesting documents to complete his interview. Why are embassy postponing visa interviews?Any and all experience and comments are welcomed. Thanks in advance. This is a vey SAD day for us

Sorry to hear what you've been subjected to. Please if I may ask, does this under capacity of consulate officers to conduct interviews means that no interview is being currently conducted at the Accra embassy? I have interview scheduled for next week and I will like to know whether your experience is limited to your case type or all other types of interviews.

Edited by Ryan H

Timeline

Sorry to hear what you've been subjected to. Please if I may ask, does this under capacity of consulate officers to conduct interviews means that no interview is being currently conducted at the Accra embassy? I have interview scheduled for next week and I will like to know whether your experience is limited to your case type or all other types of interviews.

I really don't know but many people were not seen on that day. My husband and I both wonder if it has something to do with this fake embassy that has been from what the authority said have been operating for the last 10 years. Who's to know all we know is that we waited 2 months to go to the interview just for them to tell us on the day of that its postponed. Our petition is not a complicated one.

Timeline

I really don't know but many people were not seen on that day. My husband and I both wonder if it has something to do with this fake embassy that has been from what the authority said have been operating for the last 10 years. Who's to know all we know is that we waited 2 months to go to the interview just for them to tell us on the day of that its postponed. Our petition is not a complicated one.

I'm wondering the same thing! This is crazy a fake embassy for 10 years and nobody knew ?, come on nobody's that dumb!!

Timeline

Thank you very much for your response. I got to know that a couple had a successful DV lottery interview last Monday that's 01-12-2016. Hence, the reason behind that decision to postpone your interview could be subtle. Unpleasant that decision might be, trust GOD that it's certainly going to work to your advantage.

Edited by Ryan H

Timeline

I'm wondering the same thing! This is crazy a fake embassy for 10 years and nobody knew ?, come on nobody's that dumb!!

I know right. From what I have been reading the individuals that's involved are Ghanaians and Turkish. But nevertheless I really don't see how that could have happened for that many years. The worst part about it is if you Google it and see the building you will be blown away with wonder. Thinking how could someone think this could have been a government building

Timeline

Thank you very much for your response. I got to know that a couple had a successful DV lottery interview last Monday that's 01-12-2016. Hence, the reason behind that decision to postpone your interview could be subtle. Unpleasant that decision might be, trust GOD that it's certainly going to work to your advantage.

Thank you very much. Since you have a upcoming interview in Ghana if you dont mind can you keep me posted on your outcome. Praying for the best for you and your family.

Timeline

That wouldn't be a problem for me. I'll certainly keep you posted. Thanks.

Thank you very much. Since you have a upcoming interview in Ghana if you dont mind can you keep me posted on your outcome. Praying for the best for you and your family.

Thanks for your prayers. I'll surely get you informed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.