DirtyHarry

I-751 NOA for wife but not step daughter

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello! I have been browsing the forums but have not found a concrete answer. I filed the I-751 for my wife and step daugther (aged 16) together. I paid the biometric fees for both. The NOA I received from the USCIS extending the green card by a year only has my wife's name on it. I plan to visit Canada next month and am concerned that my step daughter may have issues coming back in the country. Will the border agents be fine with the my wife's NOA and proof that my step daugther is a dependent?

Thanks,

Harry

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello! I have been browsing the forums but have not found a concrete answer. I filed the I-751 for my wife and step daugther (aged 16) together. I paid the biometric fees for both. The NOA I received from the USCIS extending the green card by a year only has my wife's name on it. I plan to visit Canada next month and am concerned that my step daughter may have issues coming back in the country. Will the border agents be fine with the my wife's NOA and proof that my step daugther is a dependent?

Thanks,

Harry

does the NOA letter show at least her Green card number? . you may want to contact USICS.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

USCIS sent another letter for my stepson (K2) when he and my wife (K1) filed their ROC. However, the stepson's letter was printed on a plain piece of paper, not letterhead, and looked cheap, titled, "Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in Filing of Form I-751." It had a stamped signature. It showed up shortly after my wife's official-looking I-797 Receipt Notice.

YMMV,

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

The unofficial looking letter is pretty much what dependent children receive.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks, friends. I received the NOA a week ago. I'll keep checking the mailbox for my step daughter's approval.

Please don't get confused. It is not an "approval" letter. It serves as a receipt for your sent petition and notice of one-year GC extension.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 10 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.