1,501 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, caiobastos said:

I see, so I'm a U.S Citizen, and probably one of the few cases that remained at CSC, my PD is Jan. 2017, I was trying to find out if anyone else is on the same boat, to maybe get an idea of how much longer I have.

Hi! Pd Dec 19, 2016 here, LPR.

Are you sure you filed correctly for the spouse of a US Citizen (USC), or you acquired citizenship after filing?

Because your profile says you filed for F2A, and that CSC have told you about keeping current with the Visa Bulletin, which is not necessary for spouses of USC.

If you naturalized after filing I-130, you must ask USCIS to upgrade your case to the required category. If that's not the case, you should contact your congressman and ask for a quick resolve, since you are way out of your processing time.

Edited by Tenreyro

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tenreyro said:

Hi! Pd Dec 19, 2016 here, LPR.

Are you sure you filed correctly for the spouse of a US Citizen (USC), or you acquired citizenship after filing?

Because your profile says you filed for F2A, and that CSC have told you about keeping current with the Visa Bulletin, which is not necessary for spouses of USC.

If you naturalized after filing I-130, you must ask USCIS to upgrade your case to the required category. If that's not the case, you should contact your congressman and ask for a quick resolve, since you are way out of your processing time.

So after many attempts to communicate with the CSC about my processing time, I realized they had me as LPR, by mistake, since I filed as US Citizen and provided copies of my U.S passport. After notifying them submitting an inquiry, they responded me informing that it had been corrected and that my case would be processed. However, on the USCIS web page it shows that my inquiry has not yet been assigned to an officer, so my guess is that they forgot to update that page for me? It has been almost a month since the email from an officer at the CSC informing me it was being processed. Should I allow more time before trying to contact them again? 

1 hour ago, caiobastos said:

So after many attempts to communicate with the CSC about my processing time, I realized they had me as LPR, by mistake, since I filed as US Citizen and provided copies of my U.S passport. After notifying them submitting an inquiry, they responded me informing that it had been corrected and that my case would be processed. However, on the USCIS web page it shows that my inquiry has not yet been assigned to an officer, so my guess is that they forgot to update that page for me? It has been almost a month since the email from an officer at the CSC informing me it was being processed. Should I allow more time before trying to contact them again? 

Phew! Thanks god you kept asking and pushing! Imagine the people that never ask questions or fight for their rights.

I don't think you should keep waiting, I bet your case was processed as "upgraded" from F2A, which still would take some time. Right now you are able to ask now for an expedite case processing, based on USCIS's policy manual that states that one of the instances where you can ask for an expedite processing is if USCIS made an error with your case, source here:

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter12.html

You don't have to contact USCIS for the expedite, you can do it via your congressman's office, which could help you get a response faster and better than what USCIS normally does.

Edited by Tenreyro

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Tenreyro said:

Phew! Thanks god you kept asking and pushing! Imagine the people that never ask questions or fight for their rights.

I don't think you should keep waiting, I bet your case was processed as "upgraded" from F2A, which still would take some time. Right now you are able to ask now for an expedite case processing, based on USCIS's policy manual that states that one of the instances where you can ask for an expedite processing is if USCIS made an error with your case, source here:

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter12.html

You don't have to contact USCIS for the expedite, you can do it via your congressman's office, which could help you get a response faster and better than what USCIS normally does.

Thank you for that advice, I have located my senators and representative and will be reaching out to them for assistance in requesting my case to be expedited.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, caiobastos said:

Hi everyone, so quick question, to you guys who have PD of Nov and Dec 2016, are you LPR or US Citizens?

Just now, ali sidd said:

my PD 14th Nov 2016.

LPR

Edited by ali sidd

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Maurice94 said:

How long does it take since USCIS approve the case( pd already current!!!) until NVC closes it(approximately)?

No idea..I myself is waiting wid priority date November 21,2016

Timeline
On 6/23/2017 at 2:08 PM, Tara elias said:

My PD is Nov 18 .2016

CSC

Hii did u got approval?? My Pd is 21 November 2016.. no approval yet..lpr based petition

Timeline

can anyone tell me whats the current priority date as per MARCH18 visa bulletin for F2A category ? 

is it 1st table(FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES) i.e. 01MAY16

or 2nd table(DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS) i.e.     22SEP17 

i am in LPR and my priority date 17May2017 and service center is California service center.  as per the 2nd table my PD is already current. Can anyone explain me this please

Timeline
Just now, WarisShahid said:

can anyone tell me whats the current priority date as per MARCH18 visa bulletin for F2A category ? 

is it 1st table(FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES) i.e. 01MAY16

or 2nd table(DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS) i.e.     22SEP17 

i am in LPR and my priority date 17May2017 and service center is California service center.  as per the 2nd table my PD is already current. Can anyone explain me this please

Don’t know...I myself is waiting...priority date November 21st 2016..no approval yet 

45 minutes ago, WarisShahid said:

This does not change anything unless the person petitioned for is inside the US.

The current Final Action Dates for MARCH 18 is March 22, 2016. The dates you are mentioning are on the APRIL 18 Bulletin, which will be May 1, 2016.

The dates being used for Adjustment of Status for March 18 is up to May 1, 2017. For April, it will be Sept 22, 2017, as specified by USCIS: https://www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo

The Chart B dates also allow to move cases with PD as of that date to the next step, and get into the NVC processing.

My PD is Dec 19, 2016, and I have not heard anything from California Service Center (CSC) either. The Chart B being current does not mean that they jumped over your case, it just means that when CSC approves your I-130, it will go straight to NVC. Which in other cases people have had to wait a few months until Chart B advances and allows them to proceed with NVC. However,  my personal unverified theory is that it could also mean that NVC is not receiving enough applicants with approved I-130 (Because CSC is excessively slow), and they are opening it to receive more applicants from other centers, and CSC now will have to move faster and work harder to close the breach between the two dates, but that's just my unverified personal belief.

If you want to see the cases CSC is processing, you have to see it here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do which says they are processing cases up to November 4, 2016.

Personally, I have heard only of cases up to November 21, 2016. We all have to wait.

Edited by Tenreyro

25 minutes ago, Tenreyro said:

This does not change anything unless the person petitioned for is inside the US.

The current Final Action Dates for MARCH 18 is March 22, 2016. The dates you are mentioning are on the APRIL 18 Bulletin, which will be May 1, 2016.

The dates being used for Adjustment of Status for March 18 is up to May 1, 2017. For April, it will be Sept 22, 2017, as specified by USCIS: https://www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo

The Chart B dates also allow to move cases with PD as of that date to the next step, and get into the NVC processing.

My PD is Dec 19, 2016, and I have not heard anything from California Service Center (CSC) either. The Chart B being current does not mean that they jumped over your case, it just means that when CSC approves your I-130, it will go straight to NVC. Which in other cases people have had to wait a few months until Chart B advances and allows them to proceed with NVC. However,  my personal unverified theory is that it could also mean that NVC is not receiving enough applicants with approved I-130 (Because CSC is excessively slow), and they are opening it to receive more applicants from other centers, and CSC now will have to move faster and work harder to close the breach between the two dates, but that's just my unverified personal belief.

If you want to see the cases CSC is processing, you have to see it here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do which says they are processing cases up to November 4, 2016.

Personally, I have heard only of cases up to November 21, 2016. We all have to wait.

Hello Tenreyro,

my PD is Dec 08 2016.. waiting for I-130 approval california SS

have you explored on applying for an EAD while 130 is pending ?

i see mixed answers...

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Tenreyro said:

My PD is Dec 19, 2016, and I have not heard anything from California Service Center (CSC) either. The Chart B being current does not mean that they jumped over your case, it just means that when CSC approves your I-130, it will go straight to NVC. Which in other cases people have had to wait a few months until Chart B advances and allows them to proceed with NVC.

thank you so much for the detailed reply.

yes you are right i am referring to April 2018 bulletin. 

And yes i know about CSC processing time, i dont know why they are very slow in processing :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.