Jamaican_Gooner

N-400 November 2016 Filers

1,323 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, L0bster00 said:

I just took an info pass yesterday, in Dallas office. The lady was very strict. She told me that my case is stuck in FBI NNCP. My name is not cleared. Can take days/months or years before that happens. So i am doomed. Not sure why i am stuck. I pay so much in taxes every year and have not even received a traffic ticket. So sad they trouble good people, and people with DWI and past offenses are already citizen. 

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately sometimes people do get stuck in background checks. I have recently seem some cases from New Jersey and LA where interview was scheduled after around a year of filing.  You should hear something in next 3-4 months. If your cases goes beyond normal processing times, you have other options to pursue. Meanwhile just go out and enjoy your life while this process takes it's course. It will happen sooner or later.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 04/08/2017 at 9:07 PM, Bdrave8 said:

@Booze&Blues First thank you. I applied based 3 years rules the paper I submitted with my application was tax transcripts for 2013 2014 2015 some bank statements, apartment lease car insurance cable bills I think that was it. At the interview the officer starts asking me the civic questions and writing and reading part. After he went through the n400 briefly. And he didn't ask for any supporting documents. At the end of the interview he recommended my application for approval and told me to wait for the oath ceremony letter. If you have any questions let me know.

Congrats ! 

I am Philadelphian too :) could you please tel me how long did you have to wait between in line and the interview .

thanks alors for sharing 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mali
Timeline
4 hours ago, hopephilly said:

Congrats ! 

I am Philadelphian too :) could you please tel me how long did you have to wait between in line and the interview .

thanks alors for sharing 

I was place inline December 28 2016 and received an email June 17 that interview was scheduled. I did my interview in July 25 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, Bdrave8 said:

I was place inline December 28 2016 and received an email June 17 that interview was scheduled. I did my interview in July 25 

Waw ! That was very long but ended good :)

toutes mes félicitations 👍

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oath ceremony this week:

Myself - 8/11

@fluff5 - 8/11

@atlantaGC - 8/11

Good luck to those who are still in the process!

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/21/2017 at 2:22 PM, atlantaGC said:

If you havent already, you can schedule an InfoPass appointment for your local field office here: https://my.uscis.gov/appointment Or file an e-request to here: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

I  got an infopass appointment for tomorrow(8/8). Hope to get more information then. I guess I should ask for what stage my application is in right? I'm afraid if they say currently Dallas office is working on July cases, I don't have a follow up question.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
53 minutes ago, usckavaali said:

I'm afraid if they say currently Dallas office is working on July cases, I don't have a follow up question.

I think that is likely to be the answer that you are going to get. They will suggest that you wait until the official processing date is beyond your priority date to make an official inquiry into your case.

I did an infopass before my interview was scheduled and that was what I was told. 

Good luck!

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

1 hour ago, usckavaali said:

I  got an infopass appointment for tomorrow(8/8). Hope to get more information then. I guess I should ask for what stage my application is in right? I'm afraid if they say currently Dallas office is working on July cases, I don't have a follow up question.

last week i also went info-pass houston.................. less than a minute our meeting finished  she just said " everything is fine you have to wait.................. right now we are working on July and you have to waiting still four month because i file in Mid of November."  my meeting was useless

but i pray for your success may be you have good new.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just finished my Infopass appointment and the lady mentioned that all by background checks have been completed since may and just waiting for a slot to be available. She also mentioned that they are 10 officers down since early sunmer(promoted or quit) and are in the process of hiring. This is also slowing down the process so far it seems. 

Filed: Timeline
On 8/8/2017 at 10:21 AM, usckavaali said:

Just finished my Infopass appointment and the lady mentioned that all by background checks have been completed since may and just waiting for a slot to be available. She also mentioned that they are 10 officers down since early sunmer(promoted or quit) and are in the process of hiring. This is also slowing down the process so far it seems. 

Dallas is processing 8/12/16 cases as of 7/30/17.. Another 3-4 months.... I am still stuck in "FP notice was sent".... I see few September filters have also not received their interview notices... and October filers did receive interviews but none has received an OATH... so seems like a long wait time ... From another forum, some one received an interview for 17 Aug 2017.. His PD was 11 AUG 2016... So if that is the trend.. expect something around December 2017... for Jan/Feb 2018 Oath...

Edited by L0bster00

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/21/2017 at 4:11 PM, spottymax said:

Congrats!!! Glad to see Memphis finally coming around; we are hoping for some sort of notification soon.

Still no movement from Memphis on our application.  Don't know if the file has been lost or misplaced or is being used for a doorstop. Given our past history with Memphis, I've got a sinking feeling we might have to wait for the priority date to come due (but hopefully not).

@L0bster00 If it makes you feel any better: I am on the same boat.

I went to infopass the other day. They said my background check hasn't finished yet after 9 months of applying. Los Angeles County was processing applications as of November 4th (as of June 30th). My PD is November 7th so I'm still withing normal processing time (by 3 days as of end of June :-P).

But I guess being outside of normal processing time can't help us since FBI can theoretically sit on background checks for a long time and not care about case inquiries. 

At my infopass, the officer made a service request (with no officer assigned to it yet) but I am not getting my hopes too high. These usually come back with a template email response that you have to just wait.

Btw, @L0bster00 what is your nationality? ACLU has been looking into discriminatory delays due to certain nationalities for a while.

Hello All,

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer :) 

On August 2nd, as I was travelling to work, I got a call from an "unknown" number and I let it go to voicemail (as I always do). On getting off the subway, I listened to the voicemail, and it was the immigration officer who had interviewed me on July 19th saying that I needed to come back into the office that week. I knew it wasn't a scam, as I recognized his very distinct voice and it was in that moment, a feeling of dread washed over me. I immediately called back (hands shaking) and he quickly put me at ease saying that he had got so wrapped up in our conversation about England, that he had forgotten to ask me to sign two sections of the N-400 application. He told me "not to worry" but that I needed to come back into the office that week. So you best believe, on my lunch break, I ran over to the office and it literally within two swipes of my pen, I was out of there. Before this had happened, I had seen others who had interviewed at my field office getting put in line for oath within days of their interview. So I started to get worried that something was wrong, even though I knew I had asked for a delayed oath ceremony. Therefore, in a weird way, it was nice going back into the office and seeing my application safely perched on the table. He also confirmed with me that I wanted to delay my oath until after September 4th, again this reassured me that my delayed oath request hadn't put me in a black hole.

I say all that to say...I  just went online now and it says my "Oath Ceremony Notice was Mailed". I was never put "in line" for Oath. I skipped from "Interview was Scheduled" straight to "Oath Ceremony Notice was Mailed". As soon as I get my letter I'll update.

Good luck to all those with upcoming interviews and Oaths...and to those still waiting, don't feel discouraged, we're almost there. Just one final push for all of us!

Edited by EV11

Naturalization Journey (Based on 5 years as a PR):

November 21st 2016 - Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox.

November 30th - Check Cashed.

December 1st - Email/Text Notifications.

December 8th - Hardcopy of NOA received (Priority Date 11/25).

December 9th - Biometrics Appointment Letter received.

December 19th - Biometrics Appointment.

January 4th 2017 - "In Line" for Interview.

June 9th - Online status changed to "Interview was Scheduled".

June 12th - Interview Letter received.

July 19th - Interview (NYC). Requested a "delayed Oath" for after September 4th 2017.

September 11th - Oath Letter received. Honored my request for a delayed Oath Ceremony. 

September 14th - Oath Ceremony.

I hope you're all having the most special day @vegasbound@atlantaGC@fluff5!! :) 

Edited by EV11

Naturalization Journey (Based on 5 years as a PR):

November 21st 2016 - Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox.

November 30th - Check Cashed.

December 1st - Email/Text Notifications.

December 8th - Hardcopy of NOA received (Priority Date 11/25).

December 9th - Biometrics Appointment Letter received.

December 19th - Biometrics Appointment.

January 4th 2017 - "In Line" for Interview.

June 9th - Online status changed to "Interview was Scheduled".

June 12th - Interview Letter received.

July 19th - Interview (NYC). Requested a "delayed Oath" for after September 4th 2017.

September 11th - Oath Letter received. Honored my request for a delayed Oath Ceremony. 

September 14th - Oath Ceremony.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, EV11 said:

Hello All,

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer :) 

On August 2nd, as I was travelling to work, I got a call from an "unknown" number and I let it go to voicemail (as I always do). On getting off the subway, I listened to the voicemail, and it was the immigration officer who had interviewed me on July 19th saying that I needed to come back into the office that week. I knew it wasn't a scam, as I recognized his very distinct voice and it was in that moment, a feeling of dread washed over me. I immediately called back (hands shaking) and he quickly put me at ease saying that he had got so wrapped up in our conversation about England, that he had forgotten to ask me to sign two sections of the N-400 application. He told me "not to worry" but that I needed to come back into the office that week. So you best believe, on my lunch break, I ran over to the office and it literally within two swipes of my pen, I was out of there. Before this had happened, I had seen others who had interviewed at my field office getting put in line for oath within days of their interview. So I started to get worried that something was wrong, even though I knew I had asked for a delayed oath ceremony. Therefore, in a weird way, it was nice going back into the office and seeing my application safely perched on the table. He also confirmed with me that I wanted to delay my oath until after September 4th, again this reassured me that my delayed oath request hadn't put me in a black hole.

I say all that to say...I  just went online now and it says my "Oath Ceremony Notice was Mailed". I was never put "in line" for Oath. I skipped from "Interview was Scheduled" straight to "Oath Ceremony Notice was Mailed". As soon as I get my letter I'll update.

Good luck to all those with upcoming interviews and Oaths...and to those still waiting, don't feel discouraged, we're almost there. Just one final push for all of us!

All's well that ends well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.