Randy&Marie

GOT A LETTER FROM VERMONT THAT OUR CASE ARE ON HOLD BECAUSE OF SECURITY CHECK

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow flying to the Philippines and having to fly back the next day? That was no fun for sure.

Well he is a convicted sex offender some how he slipped through the data base in the Philippines the first few times. He got lucky.

The 2 of you do what you think is best but I think the best option would be to reapply AFTER the parole is over and better yet get married and the the CR-1 Spousal visa.

Good luck to you both.

1. jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Timeline

Hi thank you for having a time and replying. It was really no fun for him and for us. Knowing we are on the same building and yet can't see each other was the worst feeling ever. We are still waiting for the descision though for the application. Will the pending because Of security checks means Denial already? I was hoping somebody in our VJMembers who had the same situation like ours. I read in some Immigration Lawyer website says that there's a chance for approval as long as the felony doesnt covers Adam Walsh Act. That time he got convicted I believe that my fiance is innocent. So saddened when a person get a title of "Convicted Sex Offender". People get to judge him just because of that title. But he is no way near that title. That may have been what is on his record, he is a good person. I wouldn't call " being lucky" on what happen to us meeting twice when he visit us here in the Philippines. I believe it was God's plan. We are still hopeful and only God knows what is gonna happen in our case. We will just wait but I am still hoping to find someone here who could let me know how they dealt with the situation. Thank you and God Bless.

Wow flying to the Philippines and having to fly back the next day? That was no fun for sure.

Well he is a convicted sex offender some how he slipped through the data base in the Philippines the first few times. He got lucky.

The 2 of you do what you think is best but I think the best option would be to reapply AFTER the parole is over and better yet get married and the the CR-1 Spousal visa.

Good luck to you both.

• jim

Hello thank you for having a time and replying. I am so sorry for that matter. I didn't intend not to include what kind of felony does he had. He had a Sodomy case and served almost 10 years for it. But the state he got charged have a mandatory Parole time after he got released. So he will remain on Parole until 2019.

Was the victim a minor?

The parole officer let him travel internationally as a registered SO? My husband has a criminal record and did prison time and parole time. When he was on parole he needed permission to go to a Wal-Mart in the next county (and he committed theft) and there's no way the PO would have allowed him to leave the country for a non-work matter.

And, with respect, he has not yet paid for his crime. Parole is part of his punishment and sentencing for the crime. And I say that to you as the wife of a felon, so I do understand the situation.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Hi the contacting the Congressman would be a good idea. Just waiting time again for it. I know its hard to keep the faith in God. But we have to be strong and won't loose hope. He is there and seeing our heartaches. We just have to keep on trusting God and believe He will help us. Don't stop praying because He listens. Thank you and God Bless.

Dear Randy and Marie,

No, our case was not transferred, its with California Service Center from the beginning till now. My petitioner (USC) has no record on file except for one speeding ticket, where he is driving 5MPH over the speed limit. other than that, he had no brush ups with the law. I have worked outside the Philippines for 11 years (in saudi arabia), but I secured a police clearance before i left saudi arabia. And their system is wired. Just enter the passport number and everything about you to the bones will appear in the system so I dont think the delay is coming from security checks in saudi arabia. Likewise, I am also clear here in the Philippines. I am trying to convince him to if we can just get married here in the Philippines and do the spouse petition, to hell with the K-1 but he prefers that we get married in the US. Though He is planning to call the congressman for his district, he is just waiting for the election to be over. Thanks for your reply and I admire your positivity. The situation is already getting under my skin, Its sad that some people are in a position to prevent people from building a family and being happy. I wish he had not been an American, or that I have not been from the Philippines.

All the best for you and me. May your prayers reach heaven. Im reaching the point of believing that my prayers are not making it through. :)

Hi thank you for having a time and replying. No Sir the victim that time was 30 something years old as well as my fiance. They both almost are in the same age.

Was the victim a minor?

Timeline

Hi first and foremost I don't want his parole officer to be in trouble for letting him go. My fiance's case even if it sounds redundant but his case was misjudged by the jury during that time. I know there is a lot of people who would think that "all" who went to prison are criminals. But not all of them. Some of them couldn't afford to get their own lawyer and end up the publics lawyer that doesn't do much. Some of them have been misjudged and evidence get manipulated by higher officials. There are so many cases around even here in the Philippines that went to prison and yet they are innocent. The one who did a polygraph to him after almost 10 years in there said he was innocent. But no more use because that is 10 years too late already. The anger management person believed he is innocent so he didn't stayed there for too long. The parole officer that he got assigned to believed he is innocent that's why he going easy on him. I believe he is innocent because aside from what he told me, he also showed me and let me read his record script.

Another thing is I disagree that you said Parole time is still included on their sentence. His state where he is at have a "mandatory" Parole time after serving their time. So they can extract money to them. You may know your situation and your husband. But you don't know the situation of all the "felon's wife". Every situation are different and unique. You may have experienced something doesn't mean others will too. They may have experienced something doesn't mean you will too. It is all different. I believe that its only God who has the right to judge all of us. On the judgement day we all be judged on our sins. We all committed sins, some may be not against the "law" here on earth. But it may be against "God's will and law". Thank you and God Bless.

The parole officer let him travel internationally as a registered SO? My husband has a criminal record and did prison time and parole time. When he was on parole he needed permission to go to a Wal-Mart in the next county (and he committed theft) and there's no way the PO would have allowed him to leave the country for a non-work matter.

And, with respect, he has not yet paid for his crime. Parole is part of his punishment and sentencing for the crime. And I say that to you as the wife of a felon, so I do understand the situation.

I believe that its only God who has the right to judge all of us. On the judgement day we all be judged on our sins. We all committed sins, some may be not against the "law" here on earth. But it may be against "God's will and law". Thank you and God Bless.

But God, from memory, does not grant Visas. USCIS does that. Contacting a congressman will not be of the slightest bit of use. The law, being the law, and such like.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

I would not defend my religious beliefs on here specially if some of the people doesn't believe on what God can do. All I wanted and the purpose of my post was to seek for VJMemebers that have the situation like ours. To have an idea on how did they cope and how long it takes for them to wait. There is nothing powerful than GOD. Not even USCIS or anything. There is no impossible with GOD. Thank you and God Bless.

But God, from memory, does not grant Visas. USCIS does that. Contacting a congressman will not be of the slightest bit of use. The law, being the law, and such like.

Edited by Randy&Marie

Timeline

I wasn't abrupt with the other poster here. I am just simply siting my opinion. You believe she have a 'good understanding" of the situation just because she is a wife of a felon? I am seeking for advice, that is true. But I wrote in here that I am seeking for someone "WHO HAD THE SAME SITUATION LIKE OURS". Meaning, same K1 visa, same fiance that has a felony, same that got transferred and specially same that have a "Processing on Hold due to Security Checks" You were telling me that we are the same?

You said that "Just because I don't like what I read doesn't make it wrong", which means to say that what I wrote isn't wrong too even if you think it is. It is all based on our opinions. I cited my opinion, you cited your and she cited hers. It may sound rude to you doesn't mean I am being rude. It was all based on whoever reads it and make an opinion. Like I said I believe which is my opinion that my fiance is innocent. Whether his time to serve it is not yet over due to Parole time. But for me, in my OPINION, I believe he already served his time. Considering that he is innocent which is what I believe to.

It was really hard to defend my religious beliefs on people that doesn't believe on it. But you are right, I should defend it for as long as I can because that is what I believed in. I believe in GOD. I believe that HE can make things happen. I believe that all of the people on earth are sinners and we are all gonna be judged on JUDGEMENT DAY. Thank you and God Bless..

You were very abrupt with one person on this thread who has also got a husband who is also a felon. So if you actually want information as you said, and that "the purpose of my post was to seek for VJMemebers that have the situation like ours. To have an idea on how did they cope and how long it takes for them to wait." how about actually reading what the poster said? I would think she has a good understanding of the situation you find yourself in. You asked for other people's help and opinions, and yet your answer to her was rude. Just because you don't like what you read, doesn't make it wrong. What you are actually seeking is someone to tell you it will be all okay, just fine, don't worry about it, and that is not what VJ is about. People take the time to post because they are trying to help you, whether you understand that or not. Your assessment of their religious beliefs or lack of them does not come into it in the slightest.

You can defend your religious beliefs as much as you want. You had also better come to the understanding that your boyfriend was convicted, not misjudged, is a felon and did serious time, and has to complete parole as a registered sex offender. The "new administration has some vendetta for the USC's", no what they are trying to do is keep your country safe from foreign predators. Even IF you "find their rules being unfair to the people who paid their case and yet suffering from not having a normal life. Its just not fair." He hasn't done his time, parole is part of that, and it isn't over yet.

Your time would be better spent working out how you plan to move on from here, if you can never get a visa based on his petition, and he won't be allowed in the Philippines.

You may have no alternative to wait until his parole finishes in 2019.

Timeline

Was the victim a minor?

Is there a victim at all is the question. In some states sodomy itself (yes... Gay sexual relations) is still a crime. I don't know that anyone is charged with that anymore.

If this was forced... I reckon your fiance won't ever be leaving the country.. I think that's part of registering as an offender.

If it involved a minor... He will have to register as a predator... And that is a huge difference than an offender... Leaving the country is the least of his issues.

K1 VISA
10/23/16....I-129F FEDEX 2nd day to Lewisville, TX
10/26/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email

10/28/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/04/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

w..a...i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

11/22/16....NOA2 Text Only

11/22/16....NOA2 Approval Date - no email yet
11/28/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

12/06/16....Called NVC - No case yet (15 days after NOA2)

12/12/16....Called NVC - I-129F Received - no case number yet.

12/13/16....Case Number Received

12/15/16....Case status set as "In Transit"  to US Embassy in Manilla, PH

12/19/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/03/17....NVC replied to email providing NVC letter and info

01/04/17....Medical Completed

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

02/15/17....Visa In Hand :jest:

02/17/17....CFO Interview, Yellow sticker in hand

03/07/17....POE - San Francisco, CA

Is there a victim at all is the question. In some states sodomy itself (yes... Gay sexual relations) is still a crime. I don't know that anyone is charged with that anymore.

If this was forced... I reckon your fiance won't ever be leaving the country.. I think that's part of registering as an offender.

If it involved a minor... He will have to register as a predator... And that is a huge difference than an offender... Leaving the country is the least of his issues.

Or is it? If he left the country, in violation of his parole, 3 times as she states, I hope he knows he can have his parole revoked and be returned to jail.

Timeline

Nope not a minor Sir. They are both in their 30's that time.

I wasn't abrupt with the other poster here. I am just simply siting my opinion. You believe she have a 'good understanding" of the situation just because she is a wife of a felon? I am seeking for advice, that is true. But I wrote in here that I am seeking for someone "WHO HAD THE SAME SITUATION LIKE OURS". Meaning, same K1 visa, same fiance that has a felony, same that got transferred and specially same that have a "Processing on Hold due to Security Checks" You were telling me that we are the same?

You said that "Just because I don't like what I read doesn't make it wrong", which means to say that what I wrote isn't wrong too even if you think it is. It is all based on our opinions. I cited my opinion, you cited your and she cited hers. It may sound rude to you doesn't mean I am being rude. It was all based on whoever reads it and make an opinion. Like I said I believe which is my opinion that my fiance is innocent. Whether his time to serve it is not yet over due to Parole time. But for me, in my OPINION, I believe he already served his time. Considering that he is innocent which is what I believe to.

It was really hard to defend my religious beliefs on people that doesn't believe on it. But you are right, I should defend it for as long as I can because that is what I believed in. I believe in GOD. I believe that HE can make things happen. I believe that all of the people on earth are sinners and we are all gonna be judged on JUDGEMENT DAY. Thank you and God Bless..

The likelihood that you are going to find someone with your exact situation isn't great. I would think nonetheless, the person who took the time to post to you could have offered you some help, even in how to cope. Which is what you asked for.

Your opinion that your fiance has done his time, shouldn't have to complete parole and is innocent anyway is fine, you are allowed to believe anything you prefer. Understand though, USCIS doesn't take your opinion, or mine, or anyone else s into account when they follow what the law dictates. Please try and understand that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.