jg121783

For those of you experiencing case complete delays

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello, my case IR 2, I send the papers on september 14, 2016 later I received the email, wait for 30 days for review, I called NVC, they said wait for 6 weeks, I called again they said wait one week more if no recibe a notice ask for a supervisor, I wait for 7 weeks only for review the documents, I just called today, got sent up to Supervisor review, They said the supervisor review can take up to 6 weeks from this call. I feel punished for asking for the supervisor. I am so sad.

Timeline

Yesterday Nov/7 I received a letter from NVC, notify me that mailing/ email for my case was updated, :wacko: I called immediately to NVC becouse I never asked for Update, :mellow:

my advise is if you receive a letter from NVC call immediately a verify what happen,

they told me that my case was complete and ready for schedule of the interview since november 2, 2016. :D On the website has not changed yet.

if your case is delay more the six weeks call the NVC ask for a supervisor also send this form in this website.

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

send your question to the National Visa Center, please fill out this form and click the submit form. I send this form 3 times in one week.

I continue to wait for the date of interview.

God bless you. :energy:

Timeline

IR-2 VISA

15-SEP-16 I Sent the documents

18-SEP-16 (NVC) received my documents

02-NOV-16 NVC completed processing (7 WEEKS) :wacko:

10-NOV-16 The immigrant visa interview is scheduled on

15-DEC-2016 (interview)

TIP: If your case is delay, call to NVC asking for the supervisor also send this form in this website.

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

my interview was assigned for National Visa Center Written Inquiry Unit FCi Federal, Support Contractor

( I do not if all the case are the same)

:jest: 5 years I AM waiting for my son :(

Edited by Mignava

• 4 weeks later...

I have waited 12 weeks (6 weeks with supervisor).

I can't believe we have called them everyday for 12 weeks and still no progress at all.

HELP!!!

USCIS Petition(s) Filed

I-130 Sent : 2016-03-09

I-130 NOA1 (Receipt): 2016-03-11

I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : 2016-07-18

National Visa Center Processing

Package Received By NVC : 2016-07-20

Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2016-08-10

Received DS-261/AOS Bill: 2016-08-11

Pay AOS Bill:2016-08-11

Pay IV Bill:2016-08-16

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why are you getting your congressperson involved when it hasn't even been three weeks yet? You are still well within the normal processing time. You surely don't think you deserve your case to be completed before those who have already been waiting 6 weeks and more, do you? I waited 7 weeks 1 day, got no one involved and was glad not to get a checklist or spend any longer in supervisor review.

I get it that we are all frustrated with the process and we all want it to be over yesterday already. I have been in this process a lot longer than you already (I spent 164 days at Nebraska waiting for my I-130 to be approved for starters) and many others have too. Part of the reason for your delay is not paying the fees as soon as they were invoiced and getting the case moving. But now you want a congressperson to step in and push you in front of others? By getting a congressperson involved at this stage you are making the situation worse as someone will have to provide a response to said congressperson and whilst they are drafting a reply to a congressperson about a case that is not even 3 weeks old yet they could be reviewing and completing someone's file who has been waiting in excess of 6 weeks now. Let's give them as much opportunity to get the cases reviewed rather than writing letters back and forth to members of congress. That's a far better use of their time. We should only be recommending congress involvement for people who have considerably exceeded the review times.

The title of your post is 'for those of you experiencing case complete delays' but you are nowhere near the stage of 'delays' yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have been waiting 8 weeks and still no response from NVC. I call once weekly to check my status but do understand they are busy and their are others ahead of me. I wish everyone the best, and pray that they will get to my case soon.

Filed: Other Timeline

My 45 days were passed on December 15, finally got a hold to a supervisor which she was very nice! on the Tuesday they started reviewing my case, 2 days later got a case complete 12/22 over the phone. So from speaking to supervisor to case complete took 6 days. Now, I'm waiting for case complete email, and interview letter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am in the same boat as some of you are. I also found out that each time you send any new piece of mail to NVC, it resets the clock back to the the "4-6 weeks" I sent my Checklist Required documents on 11/29, then i just realized a week later that I forgot that I did not send my Co sponsors W2s and her tax transcripts, I found this out after reading that it is required on the Dept. OF State's website.

So I voluntarily sent those documents in on 12/15, even though they did not even ask me for them. Subsequently, that reset my "clock" back AGAIN to infamous 4-6 weeks again, so I kind of messed myself up by sending in those documents voluntarily. Any one else experiencing this. I should have had my case complete by now if I had not sent that second packet of non requested paperwork *sigh*.

I am hoping they will overlook the second set of paperwork and just focus on the documents that THEY ACTUALLY requested from me on the checklist.

Thoughts, comments?

Hi there! Happy new year guys!

We got approved by USCUS last November 21, 2016. My husband keeps calling NVC after 30 days of not receiving any correspondence from them as what stated in the I-797. And today, they just received my case but they were asking us to call back or wait for another 2 weeks for a notice. They haven't given us a case number or invoice number. Is this normal? Or it was a misunderstanding, that they meant until our case to be completed. I am confused why they haven't provided us a case number or an invoice yet. Please help, this is getting frustrating. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.