blushblue2

Anyone dating/ planning to marry Jamaican man?

88 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please refrain from making those type assumptions. If you have no knowledge about Jamaica or our culture please don't even bring up Terry McMillan.

Stay positive don't focus on the negative ????

Timeline

I can agree with you to some extent.But don't stereotype because the Jamaicans I've know and grew up around don't even play around like that.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You know it was author writing about how she meet her husband but he left her after the book and movie came out

Do not give relationship advise that is blatantly hearsay. Advise is from ur own experience, and since u do not have any, do not contribute to the conversation.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Do not give relationship advise that is blatantly hearsay. Advise is from ur own experience, and since u do not have any, do not contribute to the conversation.

Thank you Pinkrlion, I gave the OP some good advice. Thats why I stood by my original comment to F4visa.

Timeline

The question was asked and I gave her an answer to think about.

I agree, please don't stereotype. People are just people and that situation could have happened with anyone from any other country, even with men in America. McMillan's story played out for the world but we don't know the inner details of the situation. The OP didn't really go into any details other than it's been 3 months and he has mentioned marriage and breeding. One of my coworkers married her husband after 6 weeks and they've been married 46 years. She didn't even know his real name when they went to the courthouse because everyone called him by his nickname. While that's an unusual situation, I'm just saying it's possible to meet, fall in love in a short time and have something real.

On the other hand, one of my friends met a guy in JA when she was on vacation. She asked him what size shoe he wore. She was thinking one thing and he was thinking she was going to buy him some shoes.?? Yes, that happened!! Point is neither one of their motives were right...

We can't live our journey based on other people's stories. People can share their experiences and we can "chew up the meat and spit out the bone." That means to take away what's useful for you and throw out the rest.

OP just has to use common sense and heed the red flags, if there are any. Take note of the things people have said. Most importantly, if you're unsure, just take it slow. Time reveals all things.

Timeline

I agree, please don't stereotype. People are just people and that situation could have happened with anyone from any other country, even with men in America. McMillan's story played out for the world but we don't know the inner details of the situation. The OP didn't really go into any details other than it's been 3 months and he has mentioned marriage and breeding. One of my coworkers married her husband after 6 weeks and they've been married 46 years. She didn't even know his real name when they went to the courthouse because everyone called him by his nickname. While that's an unusual situation, I'm just saying it's possible to meet, fall in love in a short time and have something real.

On the other hand, one of my friends met a guy in JA when she was on vacation. She asked him what size shoe he wore. She was thinking one thing and he was thinking she was going to buy him some shoes.?? Yes, that happened!! Point is neither one of their motives were right...

We can't live our journey based on other people's stories. People can share their experiences and we can "chew up the meat and spit out the bone." That means to take away what's useful for you and throw out the rest.

OP just has to use common sense and heed the red flags, if there are any. Take note of the things people have said. Most importantly, if you're unsure, just take it slow. Time reveals all things.

Well said ????

My husband isn't Jamaican but from the Caribbean(DR) and believe me when I tell you Dominicans have one of the worst reputations when it comes to dating but I'm the type that I believe that there is bad in ever race and I don't pay mind to the stereotypes. I've had my heart broken by a man from the states (been cheated on , beaten etc...) my thoughts for you is to take things slow and don't ignore the red flags(if they are there) and trust your gut 100%. My husband was my best friend for 3 years before we decided to get married so I know him as a person before we became the lovey dovey and here we are married with a daughter due December and his visa just approved.

I did have a friend who was a side chick for a Jamaican man (friend had no self esteem and the Jamaican spent his whole life in Connecticut never once stepped foot into Jamaica) and I'm not trying to put your boo/boyfriend/future husband down at all because he could very well be your soul mate and who truly loves you just take some time and don't rush into anything ok

I wish you guys the best

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Timeline

Tourists, like you, are very attractive to those working in resorts where you go. So go slow, as everyone here counsels.

And they see you staying in an all inclusive or other nice resort and spending big $$ on excursions or shopping. And as LionessDeon said, some may roam the beach for pickups. But if it's real he will show you such, regardless of how much or little he has... The signs are there, whether good or bad. Pay attention.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

One of the above posters touched on a very important question one of which me and my fiancé have discussed.

Does he/she want you to move there to their home country? My fiancés country is considered a developing nation by economic standards, yet their GOP has been 6-8 % the last five years compared to our anemic 1%. Yet she would prefer I move there to live with her, but I still have children to raise and she accepts and understands.

That to me atleast puts to sleep any motivation for a better life/ green card seeker. I am not judging because who amongst us does not want a better life for themselves or their family? I just think if the original poster can get into that level of conversation with her BF it could alleviate many doubts.

Good Luck

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My suggestion is to date before he becomes ur fiance. Learn each others thoughts, morals, etc.... If it is a fling, admit that it is a fling.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.