kavr

Experience with Rangoon, Burma (Myanmar) Embassy

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Hello VJ,

Anyone out there with experience at the US Embassy in Rangoon, Burma?

I've been searching but it seems there aren't many posters on here for that country and very few reviews of that embassy.

I've filed I-129f for my Burmese fiancé, NOA2 was received September 23, 2016 and so now we are trying to prepare for K-1 interview. I would love if anyone could tell me their experience with scheduling the interview, any tips or things to look out for, etc.

Thanks in advance for any insight :)

• 9 months later...
Timeline
On Saturday, October 08, 2016 at 10:56 PM, kavr said:

Hello VJ,

Anyone out there with experience at the US Embassy in Rangoon, Burma?

I've been searching but it seems there aren't many posters on here for that country and very few reviews of that embassy.

I've filed I-129f for my Burmese fiancé, NOA2 was received September 23, 2016 and so now we are trying to prepare for K-1 interview. I would love if anyone could tell me their experience with scheduling the interview, any tips or things to look out for, etc.

Thanks in advance for any insight :)

are u still active?

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

Packet sent - June 24, 2018

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

• 9 months later...
Timeline
On 4/24/2018 at 6:50 AM, VisaStarter said:

Can you share your experience with them please? I am going through the same process.

I got NVC letter with case number 2 weeks ago and my fiance is still not hearing anything from the embassy.

Yeah it can take a while for the embassy to get a process your package and contact your fiancé with the next steps. I think it was about a month and a half between the time they received the package and the interview. I did not try to attend the interview but my fiancé said it was pretty easy and straightforward questions, and he was approved right away. Do you have any particular questions?

• 1 year later...
Timeline
5 hours ago, J+J said:

Not sure if either of you are active but I am going through Rangoon as well, currently waiting on NOA2.  

If either of you are still active I might ask some questions - thanks.

Hi J+J I'm still here. I can try to answer any questions you have.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
On 12/16/2019 at 6:42 AM, J+J said:

Not sure if either of you are active but I am going through Rangoon as well, currently waiting on NOA2.  

If either of you are still active I might ask some questions - thanks.

Let us know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thank you to whoever updated the Myanmar embassy information.  That answered some of my questions.

Expecting NOA2 in a month and then will be kicking off the embassy stage.

Though with the news today around the travel ban for Myanmar, this could change everything...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.