AOS October 2016 filers

2,316 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, Amitney said:

Husband here on H1B.

He's India ?? Native.

Married July 05th, 2016.
Submitted concurrent filing of I 485 and I-130.

Chicago Drop Box

Detroit Local Office

Timeline

October 05, 2016: sent packet via certified mail.
October 07, 2016: USPS notified of signed delivery.
October 07, 2016: USCIS updated online as received.
October 20, 2016: Fee Checks Cashed by USCIS.
October 25, 2016: Notice of receipt letter in mail for all forms submitted.
October 29, 2016: Notice of Biometric Appointment.
November 03, 2016: Request for more information.
November 16, 2016: Biometric Appointment.
January 06, 2017: EAD and AP approved.
February 02, 2017: Had to call customer service and they updated and resend EAD card.
February 13, 2017: Notice of Interview in March 2017.

Eekkk! 

Hope this helps! Will update as I get updates.

Britney

Just got EAD/AP combo card in mail today! ??????

1 minute ago, Amitney said:

We had RFIE. Call the 800 number they expedited our EAD.

Based on what did you expedite?

I have no sincere financial loss nor a job offer.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Timeline
Just now, Dutchster said:

Based on what did you expedite?

I have no sincere financial loss nor a job offer.

Nor did we but we thought what could it hurt to call. They assigned us a reference number. And within two weeks we had approval and AOS interview notification. 

What did you tell them? I'm very hesitant in calling the USCIS without steady evidence.

Naturalization                                                        
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  

'Merica. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Dutchster said:

What did you tell them? I'm very hesitant in calling the USCIS without steady evidence.

We just called and asked the status since it had been a while since we sent the initial request information to them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We had our AOS interview yesterday in Chicago (adjusting from a visitor/tourist visa).  The woman was extremely formal (to the point of not really being friendly).  She asked us about how we met, she asked us about our recent trip to Brazil in January (traveling with the AP card), she asked my partner about *my* mother, she asked if he had applied for a student visa (he had, last January, and was denied). She asked us if his family knew we were married (they don't) and why they don't.  His answer was extremely short, so I added some more commentary. The interviewer warmed up a little when I explained how I had a few drinks and *kinda* told his mother that we were a couple. She asked to see some pics from my phone from the trip, she asked for his original i94 (which we did not have with us), and she questioned us at length about why we had 2 separate debit cards for a joint checking. And as crazy as it sounds, my partner said a few things that were contradictory and even got the year wrong for when he applied for a student visa. Not to mention the fact that he was so nervous he responded to the question, "When did you meet?" with a 3 minute story about everything we've ever done together.  The interviewer warned the interpreter it was impossible for her to translate all of that (but she was able to, luckily or unluckily).  There was also some question about whether the doctor had made some specific notation that was needed -- the interviewer would have to check.  At the end, she said, "Ok, thank you, I'll review it." I tried to ask what we do next or what we should expect and she just said, "That's it for now."  We left feeling so deflated, confused...and sad. It was almost as if her job was to not show any emotion and to make you feel horrible about the interview.  That was yesterday.

And yet today, in the afternoon, I got an email that the Green Card was in production!  I thought for sure some, any, or all of the above was going to cause a huge delay, another interview, or who knows what else. The wave of relief was incredible. 

All I can say is, you can "screw up" a few things at the interview, and even have an unfriendly interviewer -- and it can still work out (only a day later!)

Good luck to everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, piff said:

Is any one adjusting under F2A? As a spouse or minor child of a green card holder? 

Yes, I am! My dad is a green card holder. But I turned 21 last sunday and I'm praying to not have USCIS switch my category to F2B

F-1 visa/status, F2A category - child under 21 yrs old of permanent resident

AOS (i485, i131, i765) package received October 7th 2016

Biometrics appointment November 22nd but did walk-in November 16th

service request December 21st (75th day) - answer case within current processing time

January 6th service request online (91st day)

got answer on January 12th that my case is on hold because they sent me RFIE on November 3rd and I haven't answered yet...I never got any letter, no updates on website, when I was calling them no one told me that they are waiting for answer for RFIE, they kept saying my case is under review

january 26th USCIS received my answer for RFIE

March 10th EAD/AP approved 

March 17th combo card mailed

March 22nd combo card received 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, piff said:

What's your priority date and how long has your I-130 been pending for? Also, did you apply for I-485? 

My priority date is September 21, 2015  my i130  was pending for 4 months and 12 days. Uscis got my I-485, I-765 and I-131  on October 7, 2016.  Since then there are no news, I only got a request for initial evidence  and they got my answer on January 26, 2017 

still no Ead, it's been over 4 months

service request December 21st (75th day) - answer case within current processing time

got answer on January 12th that my case is on hold because they sent me RFIE on November 3rd and I haven't answered yet...I never got any letter, no updates on website, when I was calling them no one told me that they are waiting for answer for RFIE, they kept saying my case is under review

Filed: Timeline
15 minutes ago, Juliak said:

My priority date is September 21, 2015  my i130  was pending for 4 months and 12 days. Uscis got my I-485, I-765 and I-131  on October 7, 2016.  Since then there are no news, I only got a request for initial evidence  and they got my answer on January 26, 2017 

still no Ead, it's been over 4 months

Well, I don't think aging out will be applicable to your case because of I-130 and I-485 were both pending for a while. However, make sure you are ready to explain it to the officer at the interview. Hope for the best! 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, piff said:

Well, I don't think aging out will be applicable to your case because of I-130 and I-485 were both pending for a while. However, make sure you are ready to explain it to the officer at the interview. Hope for the best! 

I heard that in my category, as a child of a green card holder they usually waive the interview...

and also an officer told me that they will change my category to F2B if my i485 won't be approved by date of my birth + time while my I-130 was pending and that gives June 21 2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, fabirand said:

We had our AOS interview yesterday in Chicago (adjusting from a visitor/tourist visa).  The woman was extremely formal (to the point of not really being friendly).  She asked us about how we met, she asked us about our recent trip to Brazil in January (traveling with the AP card), she asked my partner about *my* mother, she asked if he had applied for a student visa (he had, last January, and was denied). She asked us if his family knew we were married (they don't) and why they don't.  His answer was extremely short, so I added some more commentary. The interviewer warmed up a little when I explained how I had a few drinks and *kinda* told his mother that we were a couple. She asked to see some pics from my phone from the trip, she asked for his original i94 (which we did not have with us), and she questioned us at length about why we had 2 separate debit cards for a joint checking. And as crazy as it sounds, my partner said a few things that were contradictory and even got the year wrong for when he applied for a student visa. Not to mention the fact that he was so nervous he responded to the question, "When did you meet?" with a 3 minute story about everything we've ever done together.  The interviewer warned the interpreter it was impossible for her to translate all of that (but she was able to, luckily or unluckily).  There was also some question about whether the doctor had made some specific notation that was needed -- the interviewer would have to check.  At the end, she said, "Ok, thank you, I'll review it." I tried to ask what we do next or what we should expect and she just said, "That's it for now."  We left feeling so deflated, confused...and sad. It was almost as if her job was to not show any emotion and to make you feel horrible about the interview.  That was yesterday.

And yet today, in the afternoon, I got an email that the Green Card was in production!  I thought for sure some, any, or all of the above was going to cause a huge delay, another interview, or who knows what else. The wave of relief was incredible. 

All I can say is, you can "screw up" a few things at the interview, and even have an unfriendly interviewer -- and it can still work out (only a day later!)

Good luck to everyone!

I really enjoyed reading ur comment. I haven't gotten an interview date as yet, but i imagine myself being so nervous and messing up. I feel much better now. 

Congrats 

I-485

[Day 01 ] October 4 - Status "Fingerprint fee received"

[Day 36 ] November 9 - Biometric Appointment

[Day 37 ] November 10 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

[Day 41 ] November 14 - Received RFIE notice

[Day 44 ] November 17 - Mailed off Response

[Day 47 ] November 21 - Status Changed to ''Response to USCIS request for evidence was received'

[Day 57 ] December 01 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

[Day 61 ] November 05 - Received RFIE notice

[Day 68 ] December 07 - Mailed off Response

I-765

[Day 1 ] October 4 - Status "Case was received"

[Day 1/57] December 01 - Form I-765 will be processed within 90 days of the receipt of the requested evidence :cry:

[Day 58] December 7 - No updates :clock:

20 hours ago, Amitney said:

We just called and asked the status since it had been a while since we sent the initial request information to them.

Thanks! I'll try calling the customer line later today.

Naturalization                                                        

'Merica. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys,

I am in F2A category. Already received EAD 01-10-2016, but still no AP card. The status is always same: On December 29, 2016, we approved your Form I-131 . We will mail your approval notice. 

Is this normal ?

Thanks for any advice 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.