AandD

N-400 October 2016 Filers

1,805 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 6/9/2017 at 0:00 PM, Shezi said:

Congratulations!

So I just received my interview letter - Memphis, Friday 7/7/2017 @ 08.45am - Bring it on! :jest:

Thank you and Congrats! So happy for you!

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline
15 hours ago, Frannyglass said:

My letter is on its way but I'm guessing I will be there too that day! Since they only do the ceremony once a month.

I have the same oath date as well, June 21 at 8am in downtown San Diego.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, sd2017 said:

I have the same oath date as well, June 21 at 8am in downtown San Diego.

Congratulations!!:jest: Looks like it's moving for many of us now. 

Hello all. I got my letter today. All is set for July 11 in Detroit. Mine is only moving along as I moved. As you recall, I filed in New York. Just to put it in perspective. I changed my address on May 28 and called on May 30th to confirm. Two weeks after I had an interview.  Wishing you all good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

My oath ceremony is on the 21st at 12:30 (downtown San Diego)! I'm glad it's not earlier because we live an hour away and our 2 year old son gets really cranky if he's up before 9.

Edited by Frannyglass

AOS timeline: adjusting from F-1 (I-130, 485, 765, 131)
09/18/2013 I-130/I-485 packet sent to Chicago lockbox
09/20/2013 (day 1) Delivered
09/25/2013 (day 6) 4 NOAs texts and emails received
10/02/2013 (day 13) 4 NOAs (I-797C) hard copies received
10/03/2013 (day 14) Biometrics appointment letter received (October 21 appt)
10/03/2013 Successful biometrics walk in in San Marcos, CA (3:10pm, no wait)
10/21/2013 (day 32) Original biometrics appointment
10/31/2013 (day 42) I-485 status changed to "testing and interview" (text and email at 6:45am)
11/05/2013 (day 47) Received text and email (4:15am!) with date of interview: December 10, 2013
11/07/2013 (day 49) Received hard copy of interview letter dated Nov 1
11/20/2013 (day 61) Received text and email (12pm) about EAD in production / case update online for AP too.
11/25/2013 (day 66) received text and email (1:45pm): EAD card mailed
11/29/2013 (day 70) received combo card EAD/AP (sent priority with tracking)
12/03/2013 (day 75) went to Social Security office to order ssn
12/07/2013 (day 79) received social security card
12/10/2013 (day 82) AOS Interview in San Diego, CA at 8:35am - APPROVED!
12/11/2013 (day 83) Green card in production (received email at 7:33am)
12/14/2013 (day 86) Welcome letter and I-130 approval notice received
12/16/2013 (day 88) Green card mailed, tracking number

12/18/2013 (day 90) Green card received!

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:38 AM, tyler22 said:

See you then on next week @Reene

Nice! Best of luck to u and congratulations!  :)  I don't know how I'm going to get through this week.... Can't wait for Fri to come.... ^_^

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 6/11/2017 at 11:34 AM, Reene said:

Hey guys, I have my oath ceremony on Fri... Just wondering, is it ok if my husband and baby accompanies me?

yeah, it's okay. you can take a picture with them too. I will go with my family :)) see you on friday

10 hours ago, tyler22 said:

yeah, it's okay. you can take a picture with them too. I will go with my family :)) see you on friday

Thank u! .... Just so excited to have this over with... And anxious.... I have a trip planned for next week Thur... I need a miracle to get my US passport back in time for it.... :(

3 hours ago, KASH2011 said:

Congrats!

Thank u!!!!^_^

33 minutes ago, Reene said:

Thank u! .... Just so excited to have this over with... And anxious.... I have a trip planned for next week Thur... I need a miracle to get my US passport back in time for it.... :(

Thank u!!!!^_^

Make an appointment at a passport agency and they will process it within 8 days! Some cases I've read even same day is available with proof of travel! 

Note: passport acceptance facility and passport a gen you are two different places! Look up the closes one to you on the department of state website! Good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My interview is on the 19 and my husband won't be able to go with me because he works outside of the US am scared lol... be studying and going through YouTube videos don't know if I have everything they need, have been outside the country 14 times since becoming a Permanet resident ... never stayed over 2 month on some trips .... but like been out of the country for 320 days since becoming a permanent resident in January 2014. Because I had to travel back at forth with my husband for work. I never worked until I started by own business last year so I just filed my first tax ... reason is because my husband work abroad pay he's taxes over there. But we always attached he's payslips while filing for the first and second green card and never had any issues. We did same with the citizenship but am just worried if my days outside of the US and me not filling fir tax does years will be a problem I have my first tax with me that I'll be taking to the interview and my company document since i didn't add those on the N400 why I filled. Just curious if anyone has information that I need to know or suggestion cos am so freaking out. I guess is because my husband won't be able to go with me to the interview. Help anyone lol 

7 hours ago, A&M21 said:

Make an appointment at a passport agency and they will process it within 8 days! Some cases I've read even same day is available with proof of travel! 

Note: passport acceptance facility and passport a gen you are two different places! Look up the closes one to you on the department of state website! Good luck! 

Thanks A&M21, but I have oath on Fri and my trip is booked for next Thur!.  Less than a week... :(  There are no passport agencies where I can walk in and get my passport back the same day, anywhere close to where I live...I think the closest is in Houston or Dallas, which would be another plane trip, and that's very difficult for me right now with 3 small kids...

So, I did a bit of research and found a couple of expediting agencies online that would carry the passport for me... Some offer 48 hrs, even 24 hrs... I paid $460 just for the service (not including the $170 for the actual passport!) They said there's no guarantee, but as long as I submit everything correctly, there's a good chance that I can get it on time...

My family is a family of 5 so if I change my ticket dates, I'm likely going to be penalized far more than $460, so it was actually cheaper to do this... :(

Timeline
12 hours ago, Reene said:

Thank u!!!!^_^

To make it in time for your trip, you'll need to apply through a passport agency,

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/where-to-apply/agencies.html

Unfortunately, there are only a few of them in the country, and the nearest ones to you (Hot Springs, AK; Aurora, CO; Dallas TX) are all 7-8 hours away from you by car. If you do decide you absolutely need to travel, then you should schedule an appointment now online,

https://www.passportappointment.us/

and make sure that the appointment date is after your oath ceremony.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Reene said:

Thanks A&M21, but I have oath on Fri and my trip is booked for next Thur!.  Less than a week... :(  There are no passport agencies where I can walk in and get my passport back the same day, anywhere close to where I live...I think the closest is in Houston or Dallas, which would be another plane trip, and that's very difficult for me right now with 3 small kids...

So, I did a bit of research and found a couple of expediting agencies online that would carry the passport for me... Some offer 48 hrs, even 24 hrs... I paid $460 just for the service (not including the $170 for the actual passport!) They said there's no guarantee, but as long as I submit everything correctly, there's a good chance that I can get it on time...

My family is a family of 5 so if I change my ticket dates, I'm likely going to be penalized far more than $460, so it was actually cheaper to do this... :(

Good luck, I hope it works out, and let us know if they actually pull through for you. I'm leery of passport expediters, and there have been many complaints about such services. As the State department mentions below, they can't get your passport any faster than if you applied to the passport agency in person, and I don't really understand how they're even able to help you with a first time passport, since these need to be applied for in person.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/services/expedited/passport-expeditor-courier-companies.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.