AandD

N-400 October 2016 Filers

1,805 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, iamwhatiam80 said:

Thank you for the input. So are your going to be re interviewed or do they want you to just mail the evidence ?

No more interview, I passed already. Have to send documents now, then wait for oath date.

10/08/2016: Application Package Sent

10/31/2016: Early Biometric Done (Walk-In)

12/06/2016: In Line for Interview

04/20/2016: Online Status Changed to "Interview was Scheduled" 

05/25/2017: Interview Date- Approved!

06/01/2017: Reply to RFE (N-14) Sent

09/20/2017: Email from Ombudsman confirming that they got in touch with USCIS, advised to wait 60 days.

09/22/2017: Request to find out about the case to Senator, acknowledged the receipt of inquiry.

10/02/2017: Ombudsman’s office notified that USCIS made a decision on the case and I will be informed by USCIS within 30 days.

10/02/2017: Talked with a Tier-2 officer and he informed my case was in line for oath since September 22nd, 2017.

10/10/2017: Online status changed to “Inline for Oath ceremony”

10/14/2017: Online status changed to “Oath Ceremony Letter Mailed”

11/03/2017: OATH CEREMONY!

Hello Everyone,

Finally, from Dallas!

On May 26, they updated my status to interview scheduled.

Interview Was Scheduled

On May 26, 2017, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*XXXXXXXXX. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

...............However,

I called USCIS to speak to an L2 Officer. They scheduled me a call back with 68 minutes wait time.

They never called me back.

I called them again, and I absolutely lost it. I was furious at the L1 Officer. He opened a case for me, I told him, its not good enough, because they have opened cases for me before and have never responded. I lashed out on their lack of professionalism, and incompetence, and I demanded a supervisor, not an L2 Officer.

The supervisor spoke to me, but, didn't offer me any real help and asked me to wait 30 days for the response on the newly created case. However, she was very nice and apologetic.

I ended the phone call and casually checked on my case a few hours later, and to my surprise, my interview was scheduled!

I did tell them that I will contact my Congressman, and they will hear from his Office.

God Knows what happened, but, I am thankful to God, that they finally scheduled me for an interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, tyler22 said:

If you did request to change your name on N-400, you might get waiting for Oath ceremony longer than other people. it will be 45 days.

45 days from the interview or from inline for oath?

Edited by SDGUY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Quick question does my husband need to go to the interview with me , he works outside of the country and might not be available on my interview day. So for those who have been interviewed are the husbands needed ? Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Ramz said:

Quick question does my husband need to go to the interview with me , he works outside of the country and might not be available on my interview day. So for those who have been interviewed are the husbands needed ? Thank you.

You're the only one that will be interviewed. Your husband will wait outside in the waiting room if he comes.

Many people suggested that for people applying under 3 year rule, it is recommended to have the spouses with them even though spouses are not permitted in the interviewing room. Also many people were fine with going there alone. So I guess if your husband cannot come, there is nothing you can do.

Don't stress about it too much. And good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kim&Jos said:

You're the only one that will be interviewed. Your husband will wait outside in the waiting room if he comes.

Many people suggested that for people applying under 3 year rule, it is recommended to have the spouses with them even though spouses are not permitted in the interviewing room. Also many people were fine with going there alone. So I guess if your husband cannot come, there is nothing you can do.

Don't stress about it too much. And good luck.

Thank you so much.

Timeline
5 hours ago, SDGUY said:

45 days from the interview or from inline for oath?

it's from 45-90 days from the interview. IO told me when I got the interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, tyler22 said:

it's from 45-90 days from the interview. IO told me when I got the interview.

Thank you very much for the info. I appreciate it.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello i am a october filer i have my oath coming up next week in west palm . wanted to know how much  it is to apply for passport after oath ceremony at the oath location and if they offer expedited option (2-3 weeks)

Timeline
59 minutes ago, reggaeboy said:

Hello i am a october filer i have my oath coming up next week in west palm . wanted to know how much  it is to apply for passport after oath ceremony at the oath location and if they offer expedited option (2-3 weeks)

this link is what you need https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/fees.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Today are 3 weeks since my Info pass I was told that for some reason my case was sent back to Texas the officer her self cant find the reason why this happened anyway she requested my files and she told us it will take a week for her to have my case on her desk she was really nice and apologetic but so far I haven't heard from her my husband wants to contact our Senator what you guys think?

15 hours ago, reggaeboy said:

Hey! Congrats on your upcoming oath! I applied for expedited passport and here is why I can tell you! 

Passport Book $110

Execution Fee $25

Expedite Fee $60

Overnight to Passport Agency $23.7something

Overnigjt Back $15.45

Grand Total  $234.2 

From the day I sent the application until arrival, it took a total of 9 days. They will return your certificate afterwards though! So don't panic! If it wasn't because I have a family emergency, I would not have spent all that money on the passport application! But I hope my 2 cents can help you decide!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.