1,666 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Val2014 said:

Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that. So you actually got a physical letter?

What information did you sent do you mind if i ask. And also what information did they ask for.

This process is  never ending!

The letter only stated that the preliminary review was completed and that my case was transferred to the office stated below that now had jurisdiction. And it mentioned to schedule an interview. Online it only says that an officer is assigned to my case and they will inform me about their decission.

Info that I had send was tax returns with both names. Health insurance that showed both our names, car insurance that showed both our names and car lease contract that we signed both.

When we filed I was not working and had no income so we were a bit 'lazy' to put things on both our names.

John

Edited by JohnInTX

2 hours ago, Chinyou01 said:

Oh no...I hope I don’t have an interview. I’m an October 2016 filer. When am I able to inquire about it being past normal processing times?

We are already passed the normal processing time, but because my transfer to the NBC in May 1st my counter was reset again.

Otherwise you can start an inquiry  if no action is taken in 60 days.

John

Anybody in here who is still waiting to hear from USCIS? Since my fingerprints were done in December 2016 ( I am an oct 2016 filer ) no word whatsoever from USCIS. No interview, no rfe, no nothing. Put in a request and got a respond that my case is put on hold due to pending security check. Contacted senator but since my background is pending there is nothing they can do. Someone said to file for writ of mandamus but that would cost me a lot of money. I have an Info Pass appointment now July 10th to get a second 551 stamp and will ask them about my case when I am there. Just wanted to see if there is anybody else whos in the same boat? There was someone who filed november 2016 who still waits for a respond but they already went to an interview and got an RFE but in my case I didn't get anything at all. 

Just now, lissatt89 said:

Anybody in here who is still waiting to hear from USCIS? Since my fingerprints were done in December 2016 ( I am an oct 2016 filer ) no word whatsoever from USCIS. No interview, no rfe, no nothing. Put in a request and got a respond that my case is put on hold due to pending security check. Contacted senator but since my background is pending there is nothing they can do. Someone said to file for writ of mandamus but that would cost me a lot of money. I have an Info Pass appointment now July 10th to get a second 551 stamp and will ask them about my case when I am there. Just wanted to see if there is anybody else whos in the same boat? There was someone who filed november 2016 who still waits for a respond but they already went to an interview and got an RFE but in my case I didn't get anything at all. 

I have to say that I traveled a lot to Europe during the process but that shouldn't be an issue I believe

4 hours ago, tylago said:

is that a coincident both of you are from Texas?

I was wondering that too. With all of the other immigration stuff going on here I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re backed up. Online it tells me that a new office has jurisdiction. My letter said the same thing as johns. That it was transferred to NBC to schedule an interview. Idk what’s going on. 

2 hours ago, lissatt89 said:

I have to say that I traveled a lot to Europe during the process but that shouldn't be an issue I believe

I have travelled to Mexico, but that is just 2 miles away ;) but only after I had send my answer to the RFE. Before that I only had travelled passed a border patrol checkpoint within Texas in the same road a few times for work.

Lately I pass the same checkpoint several times a week for work too.

So they would have acted suddenly very quickly if my travel would have affected my processing.

John 

19 hours ago, tylago said:

and both of you didn't file N-400? another speculation: Your spouses are naturalized citizens instead of native born?

My wife is naturalized but that is meanwhile 33 years ago.

Counter is now on 58 days, so next week I can start an inquiry. 

The officer that I talked to in December when I received the paper Green Card said things were all okay and all I had to do was stay out of trouble.. ;)

@Chinyou01 what is your local office? Mine is Harlingen.

@lissatt89 you should also have received I guess like everyone else a status change end of February (mine was 26th) stating received at local office. That would mean they start working on your case again. I had the same bio in December 2016 and nothing till February 26th.

John

23 hours ago, tylago said:

and both of you didn't file N-400? another speculation: Your spouses are naturalized citizens instead of native born?

Yes my spouse was naturalized but that was also long ago when she was a child. Could that be the issue? And she’s from a whole different country. I keep trying to find other similar cases but I haven’t found any. I don’t know why they would send it to NBC. Do they do the interview there?

3 hours ago, JohnInTX said:

The officer that I talked to in December when I received the paper Green Card said things were all okay and all I had to do was stay out of trouble.. ;)

@lissatt89 you should also have received I guess like everyone else a status change end of February (mine was 26th) stating received at local office. That would mean they start working on your case again. I had the same bio in December 2016 and nothing till February 26th.

John

My local office is in dallas. I didn’t receive the “receievd at local office” message until the beginning of June. Then a few days later it changed to “a new office had jurisdiction over your case”. And I got the letter a day after that. They sent me a RFE in March and I responded at the end of April. Since the “new jurisdiction” thing nothing has changed. My letter is the same as yours, stating that they did a preliminary review of my case and it has been sent to NBC to schedule an interview

14 minutes ago, Chinyou01 said:

My local office is in dallas. I didn’t receive the “receievd at local office” message until the beginning of June. Then a few days later it changed to “a new office had jurisdiction over your case”. And I got the letter a day after that. They sent me a RFE in March and I responded at the end of April. Since the “new jurisdiction” thing nothing has changed. My letter is the same as yours, stating that they did a preliminary review of my case and it has been sent to NBC to schedule an interview

In the January 2017 group people were approved without interview after being transferred to the NBC. Unknown what their letter stated though.

When I look at the Case Status app in the 300 cases around my case 16 were transferred with jurisdiction since May 1st to 3rd. That number hasn't changed for at least the last month. So no progress at all.

58 minutes ago, JohnInTX said:

In the January 2017 group people were approved without interview after being transferred to the NBC. Unknown what their letter stated though.

Wow I wonder how long after it was transferred they got the approval

7 hours ago, JohnInTX said:

John

Yes, I did get the notification on Feb 28th. But after that I didn't hear from them until I put in a service request where I got the respond that my background check is pending. 

On 6/26/2018 at 5:41 PM, JohnInTX said:

Have the same, my case was transferred May 1st to NBC. Letter stated to schedule an interview.

John

John,

Did the letter say that you needed to schedule the interview or that they will schedule an interview for you and let you know?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.