randrb

Next Step?? Morocco

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good luck ?, and if I can be of any help please let me know.

We already sent our documents for the translation and will be ready this friday so just incase they reponded with a short notice, you know this consulat either they give you a lot of time before the interview or no time

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Not sure if these questions were ever answered or not but here is my experience so far....

NVC sent paper work to Casablanca on 9/25/16. I waited a week and had not heard from the consulate. I emailed them on 10/7/16. I planned on following up every Friday, but I got a confirmation and packet 3/4 in my email 10/11/16. This consulate will schedule your appointment for you. You do not get a say in the date of it. In the paperwork you will find that you need to get your medical done about two weeks before your appointment.

For the medical you will need to print out the packet 3/4 email and take it with you to the doctor. You will also need 6 photos (passport style). While the consulate website says the appointment costs $400 MAD that is ONLY for the appointment. It will roughly be $2400 MAD for the X-rays, exam, vaccinations, and other tests. We called before we got there to get an exact figure from the doctor. Also, there are only two doctor's in all of Morocco you can go to and both are located in Casablanca.

We have our medical tomorrow morning (his time) so that's all the info I have right now.

Timeline

Not sure if these questions were ever answered or not but here is my experience so far....

NVC sent paper work to Casablanca on 9/25/16. I waited a week and had not heard from the consulate. I emailed them on 10/7/16. I planned on following up every Friday, but I got a confirmation and packet 3/4 in my email 10/11/16. This consulate will schedule your appointment for you. You do not get a say in the date of it. In the paperwork you will find that you need to get your medical done about two weeks before your appointment.

For the medical you will need to print out the packet 3/4 email and take it with you to the doctor. You will also need 6 photos (passport style). While the consulate website says the appointment costs $400 MAD that is ONLY for the appointment. It will roughly be $2400 MAD for the X-rays, exam, vaccinations, and other tests. We called before we got there to get an exact figure from the doctor. Also, there are only two doctor's in all of Morocco you can go to and both are located in Casablanca.

We have our medical tomorrow morning (his time) so that's all the info I have right now.

Hi, thanks :) We also received the packet 3 and 4 last week. My fiance went for his medical exam also today! Maybe they crossed paths :P Yep, it cost exactly 2400 dirhams.

Sounds like we are just about in the same position! When is his interview? My fiance's is Nov. 4.

Timeline

Hi, thanks :) We also received the packet 3 and 4 last week. My fiance went for his medical exam also today! Maybe they crossed paths :P Yep, it cost exactly 2400 dirhams.

Sounds like we are just about in the same position! When is his interview? My fiance's is Nov. 4.

My habibi's interview is Nov 7th, a few days after yours. Where was your fiancé traveling from? Mine came up to Casablanca from Marrakech. He's still on the train home!

I don't know about your fiancé, but it took 7 hours today to do all the medical exams for mine. Apparently they have them run all over the city for the different tests. I was a nervous wreck worrying about him traveling so far back and forth and doing the medical all in one day.

Timeline

My habibi's interview is Nov 7th, a few days after yours. Where was your fiancé traveling from? Mine came up to Casablanca from Marrakech. He's still on the train home!

I don't know about your fiancé, but it took 7 hours today to do all the medical exams for mine. Apparently they have them run all over the city for the different tests. I was a nervous wreck worrying about him traveling so far back and forth and doing the medical all in one day.

We live in Casablanca, so it was slightly easier. Actually, his exam was supposed to be yesterday, but after running around for all the different tests, the nurse called to say that the doctor wouldn't be in the office when the exam was scheduled for- so he had to go today. The whole street where the office was located had no electric, so that complicated things a little!

Timeline

We live in Casablanca, so it was slightly easier. Actually, his exam was supposed to be yesterday, but after running around for all the different tests, the nurse called to say that the doctor wouldn't be in the office when the exam was scheduled for- so he had to go today. The whole street where the office was located had no electric, so that complicated things a little!

Living there would make it a little easier. It's definitely beautiful there! We visited in Jan when I was in country for 3 weeks. I was back in Sept for Eid Adha, but only for a week then and we only stayed in Marrakech.

Did you fiancé get the same message to call tomorrow for results and pick up the results before the interview? That's what mine was told.

Timeline

Living there would make it a little easier. It's definitely beautiful there! We visited in Jan when I was in country for 3 weeks. I was back in Sept for Eid Adha, but only for a week then and we only stayed in Marrakech.

Did you fiancé get the same message to call tomorrow for results and pick up the results before the interview? That's what mine was told.

Casa has its charm, but so does Marrakech. We have been many times. Ah, yes, the Eid. For me, that was quite an interesting experience!

Yes, he is supposed to call to check if they're ready and then pick them up. Luckily the doctor my fiance went to is just a 10 min walk away!

Timeline

Casa has its charm, but so does Marrakech. We have been many times. Ah, yes, the Eid. For me, that was quite an interesting experience!

Yes, he is supposed to call to check if they're ready and then pick them up. Luckily the doctor my fiance went to is just a 10 min walk away!

I will admit I do love Marrakech more than any other city in Morocco and find it second only to Seattle (my hometown). But I love visiting new places in Morocco. We still need to go farther north.

The Eid was very interesting for me as well. My first! We butchered a cow with the neighbors and spent the entire night cutting meat lol.

Timeline

I will admit I do love Marrakech more than any other city in Morocco and find it second only to Seattle (my hometown). But I love visiting new places in Morocco. We still need to go farther north.

The Eid was very interesting for me as well. My first! We butchered a cow with the neighbors and spent the entire night cutting meat lol.

My favorite places I've been so far in Morocco were Ouarzazate and also Sidi Rahal/Ourika.

I spent the entire Eid dodging the slaughtered sheep. I couldn't look- I am not good around death of any type, not even bugs lol!

Morocco is full of some pretty amazing things- so different than the US!

Timeline

My favorite places I've been so far in Morocco were Ouarzazate and also Sidi Rahal/Ourika.

I spent the entire Eid dodging the slaughtered sheep. I couldn't look- I am not good around death of any type, not even bugs lol!

Morocco is full of some pretty amazing things- so different than the US!

I was in the thick of it with the Eid lol. Habibi still has meat left over from the slaughter!

I don't know about different than the US, but Morocco has an amazing beauty. From Seattle with its rain forests to Marrakech with its desert it is a big difference to me. But it's not so odd compared to Arizona or New Mexico.

Where in the US are you from?

Timeline

I was in the thick of it with the Eid lol. Habibi still has meat left over from the slaughter!

I don't know about different than the US, but Morocco has an amazing beauty. From Seattle with its rain forests to Marrakech with its desert it is a big difference to me. But it's not so odd compared to Arizona or New Mexico.

Where in the US are you from?

I'm from the East Coast- Philly/ NYC.

To me, it's very different. Not scenery as much as culture! I've lived here for the past year, so it's made me aware how different a lot of things are done here than in the US. But I appreciate the opportunity to live here :) But I will be soooo happy to come back to the US!

Timeline

I'm from the East Coast- Philly/ NYC.

To me, it's very different. Not scenery as much as culture! I've lived here for the past year, so it's made me aware how different a lot of things are done here than in the US. But I appreciate the opportunity to live here :) But I will be soooo happy to come back to the US!

I was just there this summer! I was visiting my sister for her wedding in PA and visited Philly and NYC. Both are beautiful and have A LOT of history. I really appreciated that since we don't have a lot of history on the west coast. Natural beauty yes, but less than 100 years of history really.

I'm a little jealous of you living there for the last year. Once my youngest graduates high school (he's a freshman right now) we want to live half and half. Half here in Seattle with my family and half in Marrakech with his family. I'm even learning Arabic and can at least do base communications with his family. But you're right, its the culture I really love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.