EbjoSackey_2016

Administration process- K1 Visa

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

On the 19th September I had my interview and wasn't approved but I went back to check my case and this what I read.... what does it mean?

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You say you were not approved / AP means case is sent back to the US were it is allowed to die / no appeal for K 1

you will need to reapply for new K1 addressing all the reasons it was denied or go and marry in Ghana and apply CR 1 still addressing the reasons for denial

good luck to you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Namibia
Timeline

it means they are just doing further background checks about your case. you just have to wait until they contact you.

administrative processing can take months or weeks depends from case to case just hang in there.

Filed: Timeline

Why were you denied? That has be determined and corrected for anything else to happen. If you were not given a document please let us know what the questions were you were asked so that we might have a good idea why you were denied.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am sorry you were denied. Ghana is a tough embassy, especially when it comes to K1 visas. Unfortunately administrative processing doesn't mean much if you were denied. The embassy will send your case back to the USCIS and they will allow it to expire. You likely won't hear anything from them again.

What your fiance needs to do now is contact her Senator or Congressman. They can contact the embassy to get the reasoning why they denied you. You need to find that out before you reapply, so that you can address the consulates concerns in any future petitions. Also, go over the questions you were asked. Was there a pattern to the questioning that can give you insight into what they were thinking? Do you have red flags like an age gap, short engagements, limited face time together, etc? Multiple visits and time together is like gold to this embassy...very important.

It's not advised to apply for another K1 in Ghana, as you will likely be denied for the same reason you were denied last week. For this embassy, it's highly recommended you consider the CR1. But again make sure you find out why you were denied.

Again, I am truly sorry. There are many of us on this site, myself included, that knows the heartache of a denied visa.

Edited by OGForever2014

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Did the CO tell you that your visa was not approved or are you assuming that ?

What was the reason for the refusal ?

Did you receive a 221g paper with a checked box or other reason for refusal ?

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline

My oh my, another denial in Ghana. Please do elaborate what led to it not getting approved. It seems with this embassy, K1 is like threading a needle. The more I think about these denials, there more CR1 should been my route. I understand Ghana is considered highly fraud when it comes to visas, but with many denials, the state department or DHS should cancel K1 applications in Ghana. This is just absurd considering the number of denials. If they truly want authenticity the embassy should make it mandatory for petitioners be available during the interview process. And again they don't allow the petitioner to enter the embassy due to security reasons. It a mess with that consular considering how long it takes them to send packet 3.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My oh my, another denial in Ghana. Please do elaborate what led to it not getting approved. It seems with this embassy, K1 is like threading a needle. The more I think about these denials, there more CR1 should been my route. I understand Ghana is considered highly fraud when it comes to visas, but with many denials, the state department or DHS should cancel K1 applications in Ghana. This is just absurd considering the number of denials. If they truly want authenticity the embassy should make it mandatory for petitioners be available during the interview process. And again they don't allow the petitioner to enter the embassy due to security reasons. It a mess with that consular considering how long it takes them to send packet 3.

You took the words right out of my mouth I agree with everything you said though im not doint k1 I wish they would let petitioners in and interview both people whether together or separate just give them a chance to prove their case. A lot of time and money is spent trying to file for love ones and its wasted.

au contraire! I have heard otherwise from NVC and USCIS themselves. When you confirm that your case is being sent back to USCIS, you can call and request NVC and USICS to read you the case notes to determine why were you denied, and if you can submit proof (depending on the reasons of the denial) for NVC and USCIS can review, possibly approve and reaffirm your case. As long as NVC and USCIS keeps your file 'active' your petition will still be considered 'alive'. Once they determine your file can't move forward and progress, then they decide to inactivate it and let it 'die' and will send you a letter (or tell you via phone) that it has been expired and to re-file and/or get married.

Edited by Nikkito Lamari

Timeline:

• Met on Facebook - September 18, 2016
  • Started Dating - December 30, 2016
  • Met in Person - September 25, 2017 (Surprised him for his birthday)
  • Got Engaged! - September 28, 2017 ♥
  • Filed for I-129F - December 22, 2017
  • Rec'd NOA1(Text/Email) - January 2, 2018 :D
  • Rec'd Hard Copy NOA1 (Letter) - Jan. 3, 2018 (letter dated Dec. 29, 2017)
  • Rec'd RFE notice (email 7/24/18) - Pending hard copy letter :whistle:
  • Rec'd RFE letter in mail (July 27, 2018). Needs details about previous petition <_<
  • Mailed RFE - Sept. 06, 2018 (will be rec'd Saturday and picked up by Monday)
  • USCIS confirmed RFE rec'd (email, text & USCIS App) - Sept, 11, 2018
  • NOA2 Approval Letter - rec'd Nov. 17, 2018 (dated Nov. 09, 2018) - approximately  10 1/2 months of waiting! 😞
  • NVC Rec'd Petition - Nov. 23, 2018
  • NVC Case # - PENDING 👈
  • Case # Rec'd - December 06, 2018
  • In Transit to Embassy - Dec. 26, 2018
  • CEAC says 'READY' - Dec. 28, 2018 😀 (Super Fast)
  • PENDING Interview Date 🤯
  • Rec'd Interview Packet (Email) January 29, 2019
  • Interview Schedule FEBRUARY 26!!
  • Interview Results - Stuck in AP - Was given the DS-5535 Questionnaire. Kept his passport - pending results
  • After 8 CEAC updates (If I counted correctly) still waiting in AP. Last update was today-June 24, 2019.
  • CEAC updated #9 - August 8, 2019 - but this might be from an inquiry I made the day before - maybe not a true 'update'
  • CEAC Update #10 - Sept. 25, 2019 (my fiance's B-Day) - made another online inquiry to embassy & called NVC for status update
  • CEAC Update #11 - Sept. 27, 2019 - most likely based from my online inquiry
  • CEAC Update #12 - Sept. 30, 2019 - Case went from AP to Application Received. Switched from Immigrant Visa App to Non-Immigrant 😁😁😁
  • Rec'd Call from Embassy!! October 2, 2019 - Time to re-do medical exam!
  • Completed New Medical Exam - October 4, 2019 - Dropped off at Aramex 😀
  • Aramex Confirmation of Delivery to Embassy for Medical - Oct. 7th, 2019
  • CEAC Update #13 - Non-Immigrant Administrative Processing - Oct. 09, 2019
  • VISA ISSUED! October 11, 2019 (last CEAC update!) 😱 FINALLLYYYYY!!!!
  • Arrived to the US! Oct. 24, 2019
  • Married Dec. 07, 2019 😍
  • Filed AOS/EAD/AP - Jan. 21, 2020
  • Rec'd I-797C Notice - Interview on 10/13/2020
  • Mailed ROC Packet via FedEx - 09.06.2022
  • ROC Packet Delivered - 09.08.2022

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

au contraire! I have heard otherwise from NVC and USCIS themselves. When you confirm that your case is being sent back to USCIS, you can call and request NVC and USICS to read you the case notes to determine why were you denied, and if you can submit proof (depending on the reasons of the denial) for NVC and USCIS can review, possibly approve and reaffirm your case. As long as NVC and USCIS keeps your file 'active' your petition will still be considered 'alive'. Once they determine your file can't move forward and progress, then they decide to inactivate it and let it 'die' and will send you a letter (or tell you via phone) that it has been expired and to re-file and/or get married.

NVC and UCSIS will never read you the case notes !

NOID/NOIR are for spousal visas not K1's.

K1's expire without a second chance.

Whoever told you so at NVC and USCIS misinformed you.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.