60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Anita so happy for you, a little nerves should be expected, it's the reality of the process hitting you all at once. I expect to feel the same way. I'm just smiling ear to ear, I'm so happy it's happening for you.

You have 90 days to let the nerves settle. Take that time to see how he adjust to living in the US.

Everything will be different...24/7 electricity, hot water ( make sure you show him so he doesn't burn himself), living with indoor pets, and learning to live as a family.

He is leaving everything he knows behind, he will count on you in this adjustment time.

You are lucky you have a Hispanic community, where i live you have to go to a Mexican restaurant to find someone that speaks Spanish.

You learn more from your disagreements than anything, so communication is key in any relationship!

Be open and yet stand your ground when needed. Respect goes a long way!

Good Luck, I wish you well :)

Thank you mama ;) large dominican community in Providence ;) and even a st named after juan pablo duarte :yes:

Ee have a club called mi sueno that they play billar dominos a family matinee dominican style pretty cool taking him tomorrow hell feel he never left DR ;)

Jajjajas im calming abit

Megan did he get here????

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Anita so happy for you, a little nerves should be expected, it's the reality of the process hitting you all at once. I expect to feel the same way. I'm just smiling ear to ear, I'm so happy it's happening for you.

Maria my sister im getting there soon youll be with me cold feet and all lol ? im still with you i havent abandoned any of my march peeps waiting (L)

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Maria my sister im getting there soon youll be with me cold feet and all lol ? im still with you i havent abandoned any of my march peeps waiting (L)

We probably won't hear from you for a few days lol. Super happy I would love to see some of first pics of his arrival. No negative thoughts Anita, don't even speak that in the air !!! You deserve happiness and it is happening for you ??

Filed: Timeline

Hey! Negative Nancy! (Anita-san) deep breaths, listen to the words of the great Yoda.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

You got this. Now, go get your fiancee and enjoy life.

We probably won't hear from you for a few days lol. Super happy I would love to see some of first pics of his arrival. No negative thoughts Anita, don't even speak that in the air !!! You deserve happiness and it is happening for you ??

thank you Maria :) i appreciate your well wishes (L)

im cleaning house today out with the old lol

Hey! Negative Nancy! (Anita-san) deep breaths, listen to the words of the great Yoda.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

You got this. Now, go get your fiancee and enjoy life.

RCRIPPS (L) I am gonna listen to that is a nice analogy :)

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Ohh wow at least he's on a good plane...chicago was a tough POE for a march filer hes from romania but he came on a plane from istanbul....he was held 8 hours....

Hope your fiancee doent get it too bad....

Megan did he get here????

No not yet. He's scheduled to land at 11:30 pm tonight. That's a bit worrying about the March Filer though. Because when my fiance's flight was cancelled, he then got completely re-routed. Instead of coming through Amsterdam into Detroit, he's now coming from Istanbul to Chicago. Why did they hold him so long? Now i'm freaking out. :(

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Immmm up already lol cleaning everything lol making room ;) for his stuff lol

Nice. Can't wait to hear how it went.... enjoy the moment, this is a story you will tell people for the rest of your lives.

Timeline

No not yet. He's scheduled to land at 11:30 pm tonight. That's a bit worrying about the March Filer though. Because when my fiance's flight was cancelled, he then got completely re-routed. Instead of coming through Amsterdam into Detroit, he's now coming from Istanbul to Chicago. Why did they hold him so long? Now i'm freaking out. :(

Turkish airlines?

They have insane layovers to the US. My layover going to Belarus is 20 hours. Coming back it was 21 hours.

Edited by FloridaMinsk

I just fb him to come tell you...he was detained yelled at he said it was a 15 hour flight and hes was hungry and tiered.

He said they were sending people back i think students and tourist visas....let me check and see if her reviewed it...

Sorry late reply im over here throwing junk clothes cleaning lol

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=233703

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Nice. Can't wait to hear how it went.... enjoy the moment, this is a story you will tell people for the rest of your lives.

I will i hope his POe goes ok hes hard of hearing...i hope hes not harrased ?

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Gaaah i arrived from istanbul ataturk to chicago ORD. ~12h the flight and waited for like 8 9h for them to let me go so i got out like 3 am...my fiance was waitig me since 6 pm... read my POE review

Tell him to expect a long wait, rude peoples, a psychological test. Nothing to worry just let him be alert and tell him to don't say something that is not true only because they say so....

AOS - PENDING

Filed: Timeline

Gaaah i arrived from istanbul ataturk to chicago ORD. ~12h the flight and waited for like 8 9h for them to let me go so i got out like 3 am...my fiance was waitig me since 6 pm... read my POE review

Tell him to expect a long wait, rude peoples, a psychological test. Nothing to worry just let him be alert and tell him to don't say something that is not true only because they say so....

Where did you post it? It's not in the Chicago POE section.

I wouldnt worry too much it was the day or two after the attack in NYC they get on hugh alert should be calmer today

Where did you post it? It's not in the Chicago POE section.

Go in his timeline it shows it ;)

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Timeline

This makes me wonder if those flights from turkey get additional scrutiny. Whenever I fly Turkish back to Miami everyone on the flight get hassled that isn't an American. Yet it's not the same when I fly Aeroflot. There was a group of guys from Bulgaria on my last flight (Turkish) and they also said it takes longer for them to get through when they fly from Istanbul versus elsewhere.

I'm sure it's not connected but it's interesting after I hear the stories.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.