USAUAinCZ

Do I need to know where I want to live when I apply for a k1 visa?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My girlfriend and have absolutely no idea where we want to move in the USA. Do we need to know exactly which area of the USA we want to live in while beginning the process? I am currently not living in the USA and have not for the past 4 years.

I'm only concerned because I don't want to end up in an area and then not be able to find a job and be stuck.

Edited by USAFrance1990

Not for the petition phase, but for the consulate phase you'll need a definite plan to move back to the US. Once in the US you can move freely, but they will most likely want to see that you have a place to live.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

My girlfriend and have absolutely no idea where we want to move in the USA. Do we need to know exactly which area of the USA we want to live in while beginning the process? I am currently not living in the USA and have not for the past 4 years.

I'm only concerned because I don't want to end up in an area and then not be able to find a job and be stuck.

it really depends of your work field and what kind of weather you want,

i hope this link helps

http://realestate.usnews.com/places/rankings-best-places-to-live

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

it really depends of your work field and what kind of weather you want,

i hope this link helps

http://realestate.usnews.com/places/rankings-best-places-to-live

The only thing I know is that I want to be on the east coast somewhere so I can be a drive-able distance from my family who is spread out all throughout the east coast.

I'm a system admin in IT so I think there are jobs in most place where I could find work.

The girlfriend is from Nice so she would prefer hot weather but I don't think she knows how brutally humid the east coast can get.

Edited by USAFrance1990

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You will need to have an address, but can easily use either the motel you will be staying in for the first week, or a friend/ relative. You do need to update that address as you move, but they do not care that you move.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.